BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Will England Win The World Cup

Paul

How far will England progress in Germany?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Winners

• Winners
    • Finalists
    • Third
    • Fourth
    • Quarter Finals
    • Second Round
    • Fail to qualify from group stage

Many doubts surround the England side, the manager's possible indecision as to the best formation or side to play. Rooney is probably out for the tournament, Owen could become a big doubt, Walcott is untried, there are many unanswered questions. Has Sven stuck two fingers up to the nation?

So will SGE lead the side to glory or will a squad containing arguably some of our best players for decades fall at the first hurdle? What's your call?

Not with our fans.

I can't believe half the things I hear on here.

Get behind the team FFS.

We have a good chance, as good a chance as we have had in my whole lifetime.

Why spoil it with negativity and moaning.

Its not about tactics anymore, its about luck and good fortune.

Unlike everybody else I can remember what it was like under Hoddle and Keegan, and I can also remember qualifying for WC02 when we werent supposed to, beating Germany 5-1, beating Argentina (twice),only losing out on Euro04 Semis due to a stupid ref and many other Sven achievements.

And yet all anybody ever does, is complain about him.

And because of this we have ended up with Steve "4 up front" McClaren.

It fecking sucks.

I am surprised that so few have gone for exit at second round.

Last night against a frankly rubbish Hungary told us all we didn't want to know.

England = Rooney = England's outstanding chance

Would you rely on Crouch coming good in a domestic game, never mind the World Cup?

I don't think England will lay the Swedish hoodoo in the Group stages and so it looks like Germany in the second round. Don't think we will win 5-1 again, out on penalties more likely.

Last night against a frankly rubbish Hungary told us all we didn't want to know.

Would you rely on Crouch coming good in a domestic game, never mind the World Cup?

I don't think England will lay the Swedish hoodoo in the Group stages and so it looks like Germany in the second round. Don't think we will win 5-1 again, out on penalties more likely.

Im surpised no ones mentioned sick note Owen, the guy has been useless, he should be dropped and a fit striker brought in to replace him.

Unlike everybody else I can remember what it was like under Hoddle and Keegan, and I can also remember qualifying for WC02 when we werent supposed to, beating Germany 5-1, beating Argentina (twice),only losing out on Euro04 Semis due to a stupid ref and many other Sven achievements.

And yet all anybody ever does, is complain about him.

And because of this we have ended up with Steve "4 up front" McClaren.

It fecking sucks.

I remember the Brazil capitulation, er loss, along with the same thing happening against Portugal (blame all you want, but the refs didn't cause the negative tactics to allow Portugal to get into that position). I also remember the loss to N. Ireland.

As an American, I'll be very sad to see Sven leave!! :P

I went for second round exit, though I won't be at all surprised if England don't get out of the group. Sven has consistently failed to produce an exciting, competent team and if we are looking back to a 5-1 over Germany for inspiration? He doesn't know his team, his formation and last night was a very average performance. Some fine individual performances but that's all. As Jan says, God help us.

I look at this as though I'm thinking about visitors to Ewood. What is there to worry about? Rooney is out, Owen is very unlikely to make any impact. Up front with Crouch and Walcott - any team coming to Ewood with those two upfront and I'd be thinking 3 points in the bag. England don't have any other forward to call up who is going to change that impression.

Sure plenty of other great players in the team - some of them will score goals - but no strikers. If you don't score, you don't win. SGE has shafted England for five years and he's about to do it again with some of the finest talent this country has produced in years. Goodbye and good riddance.

If I was SGE, I'd seriously consider ringing Alan Shearer and beg him to join the squad. If this were a PL game I'd be more concerned about facing Shearer than the combined talents of Crouch and Walcott. Prepare now for an outpouring of national hysteria when England come home early.

I've voted for second round simply because i don't trust Sven as far as i could throw him, he is a poor manager managing a lot of great players. People hark on about how good is record is as England manager, well even i could pick the England side and have just as good a record as him. Our players are better than the second round, a lot better than that but without Wooney(Rooney to others) and the fact that were kinda relying on Theo Walcott it could be a fairly dissappointing summer.

We can win it . Given luck with refereeing decisions - which we've cruelly lacked in recent competitions - anything is possible if we get on a roll .

Gerard is more than capable of producing a series of Schillachi like performances and if Lampard and Crouch chip in then who knows .

I think Paul is being quite ridiculous in dismissing Owen ; he's a big time man who has never let us down in the past (Owen that is ;) ) . Given the service he will produce the goods .

To actually win the damn thing I reckon we would need Rooney . That's why I've predicted 4th (3rd or 4th are the same really) . But we have a fighting chance even without him . Anybody remember Greece ?

:)

I'm not dismissing Owen as a player, I don't think he's fit which is why I wonder if he will have an impact. Great player but is he fit for the tournament?

We still have an outstanding side without Rooney or even Owen.

Liverpool managed to win the European cup and FA cup without an outstanding striker, Greece won Euro 2004 without any world class players.

It comes down to whether we can get Gerrard, Lampard, J Cole and Beckham to perofrm, they can cause problems for any side. If Owen gets fit thane that is another string to our bow.

Quarter finals for me. Shame as if Rooney was fit I would say odds on for the semis. Hey ho!

If it had been the other way round, then it would have been a foul for a lot of English fans.

England have a very good team, with their midfield being their real strong point. Gerard, Lampard and Beckham are all world class players. They are certainly one of the challengers and I rank them along with the likes of Portugal, Holland and the Czech Republic, who all have fine sides. But I still see them some distance behind the likes of Brazil, Spain and Argentina. England look a bit light up front though and this could be the problem. Losing Rooney is the biggest blow for English hopes. The guy is a genius and would get in any side. They should qualify out of their group, but in what position? This will determine how far they go. I think that they will make it to the quarter finals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.