BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers' Words Dictionary

Leeds United used to be known as "The Peacocks" because of their colours of blue and gold (very colourful) until Don Revie changed their strip, copying Swansea Town, to all white.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a football club but would love to see it added to a Rovers dictionary

BARRY FERGUSON - A whinging Scotsman on huge wages, commands high transfer fee and then cries about being homesick and expresses a desire to play away at Motherwell instead of Old Trafford.

Football fan from Essex-Man United Supporter also see prawn sandwich brigade. Edited by ihatethedingles

added, How do you call them?

Chelsea / Chelski

- Jose Mourinho

- Peter Kenyon

- Roman Abramovich

Man-Utd/ Manure / Red Scum

- Old Trafford

- Sir Alex Ferguson

- Ruud van Nistelrooy

- Gary Neville

..... It's my mere trivia interests.

How Dingles call us?

The dingles usually simply call us @#/?s, or, imaginatively, The @#/?s.

West Ham- Cockneys, the wideboys

Liverpool- Scousers, jobseekers, carthieves

Arsenal- Arse, Le Arsenal,

Middlesborough- Smoggies (sometimes used)

Beyond that I am struggling a bit. Portsmouth, Sunderland, Villa etc I don't dislike enough to have picked up any names for them. Obviouly they have their 'official' nicknames- Pompei, Mackems, Villains - but they are just too nice, aren't they?

..... It's my mere trivia interests.

How Dingles call us?

From what i've heard some of them call us Dingles! Cheeky barstewards ain't they, trying to compare us to them by using the same name.

Edited by ihatethedingles

Not a football club but would love to see it added to a Rovers dictionary

BARRY FERGUSON - A whinging Scotsman on huge wages, commands high transfer fee and then cries about being homesick and expresses a desire to play away at Motherwell instead of Old Trafford.

Doesn't he get called 'Wee Barry' or 'Mummy's boy'?

chelsea - chelski: russian invasion of roman's mafia. bottomless pit of money and sign whoever they want.

Just to clarify the reason for the 'ski' it's because a lot of russian names finish in 'ski' and the russian Roman owns the club.

Sorry, presty, but I wasn't sure if Dillo would follow the reasoning. Sorry to Dillo if I'm not giving enough credit to you!

Doesn't he get called 'Wee Barry' or 'Mummy's boy'?

Just to clarify the reason for the 'ski' it's because a lot of russian names finish in 'ski' and the russian Roman owns the club.

Sorry, presty, but I wasn't sure if Dillo would follow the reasoning. Sorry to Dillo if I'm not giving enough credit to you!

Thanks.

If Roman Abramovich is female, they called "Chelskaya"

'A Grabbi' - Synonym of poo. Often used as a euphemism for going toilet, e.g. "i'm just off for a Grabbi'

A Donis Kebab - food type. Arrives quickly and looks good but lacks substance, will be gone before you have feel you have had your money's worth.

And probably some more...

Edited by FourLaneBlue

A Donis Kebab - food type. Arrives quickly and looks good but lacks substance, will be gone before you have feel you have had your money's worth.

I hear thats what Brett Emeton eats for his supper.

Edited by Cocker

Peardrop Pederson-aka Per Pederson-He came, he took, he went. Striker thought to be the nxt big thing but just another flop.

Woy: a highly pedigreed continental manager with a knack of paying vastly overpriced sums for Championship players.

Sherwood: a common retort whenever someone perceives that another has done something wrong. Normally preceded by "bloody".

A "Rooney"- Thug

A "Keane"-Crippler (referring to the disgraceful lunge on Haaland)

A "Cantona"-Compete and utter deranged pyschopath and danger to innocent fans everywhere.

Van Horseface- Van Nistelrooy

Oh and liar = Sven.

Probably not any good but I have to take a shot at Man Utd when the opportunity arrises.

Here's the best I can do:

Arsenal - The Arse , only because the first four letters of their name spell out a rude word for your bum

Aston Villa - Nothing special, you'd have to ask their local rivals (see next entry)

(Birmingham>>Big Club / authorized)

(Bolton >>Notlob /authorized)

... Burnley ... on and on

Charlton - I don't think anyone has much to say about Charlton

Chelsea - Chelski - mentioned before

Coventry - we don't care

Derby - we don't care

Everton - we don't care apart from the fact that they took 6 points off us this season Grrrr. And their supporters will steal the wheels off your cars. Scoucers.

Fulham - we don't care

Leeds - we don't care, but they are famous for spending about 10 times more money than they had and getting relegated. Possibly "Yorkshire sheep-shaggers" They have sex with sheep.

Leicester - we don't care. Their original nickname is "The Filberts" because the ground was on Filbert Street. A Filbert is a kind of nut. They now play at the Walkers Stadium. Walkers make a fat-laden & salt-laden snack which Gary Lineker is paid to advertise. AESF will probably fill you in on this one.

Liverpool - More stealing wheels off cars. Scoucers. They have won 5 European cups though

Luton - we don't care, although they are nicknamed "The Hatters" just like Stockport County. Apparantly part of the process of making hats in both towns involved using mercury which affected the brains of the hat workers, hence the "Mad Hatter" from "Alice In Wonderland"

Man City: my local club. I wouldn't hear a word said against them, but yes, "Citah"

Man Utd: Where do I start? The most hated team in the country for their arrogence and their manager Alex Ferguson who I'm proud to have named the "Rat Faced Whinger" Horrible club, we took 6 points off them this season thanks to Mortan Gamst Pederson.

Middlesbrough: "Smoggies" due to the fact that they are situated in an industrial town next to one of ERuropes biggest chemical factory complexes. About six years ago they failed to turn up for a match at Ewood due to illness and were docked three points. They got relegated.

Millwall: Famous for "No one likes us we don't care." We don't care at all.

Newcastle: Alan Shearer left us to join them because that was where he was born. The @#/?. They have never won anything but thyt attract big support apart from when they are rubbish. Graeme Souness went to manage them. Ha ha ha ah.

Portsmouth: Don't care about them

Preston: If it wasn't for Burnley we'd not like them as much as we do

Goodness this is a bit of an ordeal, still let me press on

Reading: don't care

Sheff Utd: "The Blades" Neil Warnock is their manager, he is mad. Watch him get sent off lots next season for abusung the referee.

Sheff Wed: "The Owls" They play at a stadium in Owlerton Don't care

Stoke: Don't care

Sunderland: Got promoted with a record number of points last season, got relegated with a record minimum number of points this season. I spent a year living in Sunderland. It is worse than Blackburn. Thet play at "The Stadium Of Light"

Tottenham: Now here is the big one. Worthington Cup Final, they just had to turn up on the day and they would win it. They didn't and there was a great big sulk.

We've been pointing the finger & laughing ever since

Watford: Who?

West Brom: Been relegated,

West Ham: Ooooh some one else do this..

Wigan: Don't knock them, That's it, I'm knackered, can someone else finish this off

Wolverhampton

ahhh... sorry, What is "A Donis Kebab" ?? I don't know!

A pun on words dillo - I made it up (at least I thought I did, maybe I plagiarised it without knowing). Doner Kebab / former player George Donis. It wasn't very good...I wasn't in a funny mood. ;)

Was hoping it would inspire some more hilarity from the regular japesters on this board. :)

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.