BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Foot To Mouth

Colin,

I'd guess this might be one click

and then his comments about Blackburn being a fallback as a second here

maybe what is being referenced

Can't really blame him for his comment in G'day, afterall, Blackburn's no Manchester, Bolton, Liverpool or even Preston (and many more). Our town centre always looks dirty and there's not much of interest there. Limited nightlife, no big name shops to make us stand out from other towns and cities (well except good old Mercers, not seen one of those anywhere else). Besides that was no comment about the club. He doesn't like the town, who can blame him?!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really blame him for his comment in G'day, Besides that was no comment about the club. He doesn't like the town, who can blame him?!

I'm surprised he even sees the town not like he lives there. As long as he likes the club's facilities and prospects that's all what matters.

The town means nothing to new players that's not the selling point. Most players probably consider the club too big (like I do and that's why I took offence to the patronising comments quoted in my last post) but there's nothing you can do about location. Other than a Milton Keynes and by no means am I proposing that.

BRFC are just a big club in Europe...and in all honesty I think Lucas is more UEFA Cup than champions league.

Edited by Anti-Man Utd

doubt lucas would leave and it would be hard to replace him ulike gray who i dont think deserves and long term contract a year maybe as young McEevely is better than him

Gray is a poor full back, but he's not as bad as that.

Colin,

I'd guess this might be one click

and then his comments about Blackburn being a fallback as a second here

maybe what is being referenced

Thanks Florida for the links

I've been to Sydney & I've lived in Blackburn. No contest.

Apart from that: you lot are posting a load of tummy-rubbish.

Lucas Neill has been one of our best players for a number of years, so all your comments about him being useless or going to A C Milan or Spuds are, well, more tummy-rubbish.

Can't really blame him for his comment in G'day, afterall, Blackburn's no Manchester, Bolton, Liverpool or even Preston (and many more). Our town centre always looks dirty and there's not much of interest there. Limited nightlife, no big name shops to make us stand out from other towns and cities (well except good old Mercers, not seen one of those anywhere else). Besides that was no comment about the club. He doesn't like the town, who can blame him?!

He doesn't like the town, who can blame him? - Nobody

He doesn't like the town so he criticises it in the media, who can blame him? - We can

No need to put down the town where a lot of the fans who pay to cheer him work and live. If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything. You don't go round somebody's house then tell them it is a s***hole now do you?

Lucas Neill has been one of our best players for a number of years, so all your comments about him being useless or going to A C Milan or Spuds are, well, more tummy-rubbish.

Definitely incorrect Colin. He was arguably our weakest link in 2003/4 and 2004/5 but had a much better time of it in 2005/6.

Which many have noticed coincided with his contract coming up for renegotiation.

You're right, you could argue that.

It would be a daft arguement, though...

It's beyond any reasoned argument that he was one of the worst performers in the team during that period.

The only doubt is as to whether he was THE worst.

For goodness sakes chaps. Get a grip on reality.

You know how the press latch onto any little thing and blow it up out of all proportion. With you lot screaming like a Victorian housewife confronted by a mouse it's no wonder that Lucas "is rubbish," "moving to Spurs," "going to Newcastle." Or whatever.

Just calm down. You've got to learn to take it easy.

OK?

You know what, I reckon even if we lost Reid, Pedersen and Niell I think Sparky could handle it if we recieved decent money.

I want them all to stay, especially Reid who has genuine potential to become talismanic for the team, but my confidence in Sparky is so high I am not really too worried.

Honestly I would only say Nelsen and Bellamy are utterly indispensible at present.

Not exactly foot to mouth of the same proportions but a lad I know in London was speaking to David Bentley at a club last night.

Said he was happy at Rovers and hoping to be here for a season or two before hopefully moving on to one of the big four or a big foreign club. :huh:

Might need more than one good game in five for that to happen.

I don't blame him. I want to be in my job for a couple years before getting a better paying, more prestigious one (either with my company or another). We can't compete with the "big" clubs on wages or endorsement opportunities.

Honestly I would only say Nelsen and Bellamy are utterly indispensible at present.

If Neill stayed I'd suggest we'd struggle far more to replace, and without, Reid than Nelsen. Not that I want to lose the Kiwi or that he isn't a key player or anything.

You're right in saying Bellamy is utterly indispensable with the staff we have at this precise moment.

Not exactly foot to mouth of the same proportions but a lad I know in London was speaking to David Bentley at a club last night.

Said he was happy at Rovers and hoping to be here for a season or two before hopefully moving on to one of the big four or a big foreign club. :huh:

Might need more than one good game in five for that to happen.

Nothing too out of order with what Bentley said but imo on his performances to date he's got some way to go to prove that he's any better than Paul Gallagher let alone the next Dennis Bergkamp!

Defender Lucas Neill, for one, is on the cusp of a big move from the backlot of unfashionable Blackburn down to neon-lit London, where Tottenham awaits. Other options for the 26-year-old, whose contract expires next June, are Newcastle, West Ham and Aston Villa.

This is a bit of this articleEveryone hates Blackburn but we care!!

I think a lot of us just like Reid and know that he is only going to get better. He isn't the same style of player as those two, that is the sort of player we want to see him playing alongside.

I'm more worried about Neill not being signed up just yet and think what Neill said has been taken out of context. As for Reid, if we got 6million for him i'd take it, he's a good player but he's not that good. Reid could develop into a really good player but the chances of that are slim, he's athletic but so is Emerton.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.