BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Foot To Mouth

Theno & Revidge,

I'm not being "anti" or "pro" Lucal Neill. I'm just trying to work out why a simple comment has lead to all this hatred of the guy.

Look at the first post in this thread. Then look at the following comments. They just add petrol to a fire that wasn't there in the first place

To my mind it's simple hysteria.

That's it really.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly dont hate him Colin. Quite the contrary in fact. Unlike Simon I see a difficult man to replace. His positional play is suspect but he's hard and tough in the tackle, injury free, doesn't dive or play dead, is full of running and attacking ideas and looks a damned good ch to boot.

BUT please do not ask me to ignore the reality of his situation and plain common sense in preference to some form of misguided loyalty to someone who is basically a hired gunslinger looking for his last big payday.

Edited by thenodrog

I suspect that Neill's intentions are too difficult to interpret at this stage. Simply because it doesn't make sense for him to either re-sign, or be transferred until after the World Cup.

If against all the negative thinking here, he really does want to stay at Rovers, then a potentially good WC will empower him to ask for one of the highest waged contracts with the club. Or of course, a big money move if that's what he wants.

As long as he isn't horribly exposed in the WC (and probably even if he was), the club is always likely to offer him an improved contract anyway.

Too early to read. But all those having a go at Neill's arrogance, I feel a controlled arrogance is essential in a player if they want to succeed. I met Neill in the Ewood Park players lounge after the Villa game the season before last. He did seem very aloof and full of himself, but I didn't mind. I would hope I was if I was as good a footballer as he is.

Little off topic...

Did any one actually see lucas' pass to viduka in the opening minutes of the holland game? Almost a goal from nothing from such a good pass, yet a lot of people here don't want him back.......

How many players wait until after a major tournament before signing a contract?

Bloody all of them who's contract is coming to an end and they are playing. It gets them the best price and option for their career.

Little off topic...

Did any one actually see lucas' pass to viduka in the opening minutes of the holland game? Almost a goal from nothing from such a good pass, yet a lot of people here don't want him back.......

1) Its summer

2) Blackburn folk often have an emotional need to be angry- don't know why

3) Might as well take it out on an Aussie

4) Lucas Neill was personally responsible for an uncomfortably large number of goals against last season through poor positioning and lack of concentration

5) He is screwing his employers in the way most people can only dream of and only waggy gets fired for

6) Other than that he's a very good player who will have everybody saying "if only we had Lucas" if he's not here next season- his dribbling ability and eye for a great pass have inproved enormously under the Hughes coaching regime.

From which bit of this thread do you (or anyone else) take it that Lucas Neill wants a transfer?

I really need an answer.

Lucas does have a life outside this thread Colin, and it's pretty obvious he is weighing up his options. I've no problem with this, I'd like him to be a bit more tactful with his remarks regarding Blackburn but, hey, it's a free country and he can say what he likes and so can I.

If the comments on this read make you think that..."To my mind it's simple hysteria" then I think you should look for a more suitable word. Hysteria??? Which comments? None of them seem amazingly over the top. In fact, it's the usual stuff you get every day of the week on football forums.

Ronnie Clayton and Bryan Douglas gave the club more than 30 years' combined service and they never got stale or gave less than 100 per cent. That used to happen.

You're being far too kind to another money-grabbing over-rated overpaid modern football shyster.

Stick him in the reserves and sell him when he demands a transfer. Then replace him with someone with similar ability such as the Great Harwood right back, whoever he is.

Ultimately the best for the club is what matters and if we can get a good price for him after some decent performances at the World Cup then all will be happy.

No Shirley it's prob difficult to imagine why and how we get so angry whilst you are sipping soft red wine and watching the sun slowly dipping into the clear blue sea of your Mediterranean idyll. :P

I for one am hoping he is pants in the world cup so that he will sit down and sign a new contract. Sorry aussies.

I'm with Eddie on this one...and maybe Emerton could have fantastic tournament and we could sell him to Spurs about five mill? :P

Edited by Oakland

It can be quite amazing this place! I think Lucas is doing what any right-minded individual would do and that is waiting until after the World Cup to see if he can increase his bargaining position. He's obviously confident because the risk is that he could get seriously injured and weaken his position. However, the number of people slating him for his disloyalty appears to be about the same as the number of people on here who accused Garry Flitcroft (with 9 years loyalty) of taking the mickey out of the club by taking his money when he wasn't in the first team and demanding that he be offloaded. You can't have it both ways

More tediously predictable "Blackburn bashing" from you - the only problem with your theory being that about 90% of the people who post on here aren't from Blackburn!

Seriously though do you think this Board is any more or any less "angry" than the other 91 up and down the Country? Because I seriously doubt it! :)

just had a bloke come into the office, whom know's lucas very well as he played with him for the young socceroos. this guy is also josip skoko's brother...whom as we know is playing for the socceroos during the world cup. anyway, this guy said that he would be extremely surprised if lucas left rovers, because he is happy at blackburn rovers. he went on to say that like any player, if an offer comes on the table like one that he or anybody else could not refuse...i.e. champions league footy, then lucas would probably stay.

for all the tripe that is written in the newspapers about waht lucas said and how ti gets twisted around and how people always think the worse....he said that lucas is a loyal man.

As long as Hughes sits down with him after the World Cup and gets him to explain his comments and confirm his commitment to Rovers. Otherwise I'm sure he'll be shown the door at Rovers. If he is, then hopefully a stellar performance in Germany will mean a decent amount in the coffers for an adequate or better replacement.

More tediously predictable "Blackburn bashing" from you - the only problem with your theory being that about 90% of the people who post on here aren't from Blackburn!

Seriously though do you think this Board is any more or any less "angry" than the other 91 up and down the Country? Because I seriously doubt it! :)

Don't think he was bashing Blackburn, just a bit of a joke really. Your reaction maybe shows a bit of anger there though. :D

Just a thought, nelson came as a cb/rb. So maybe neill could move to cb and nelson to rb?

People reckon it would strengthen or weaken the team?

I think this is an awful idea.

Lucas has had an excellent season at RB and Nelsen likewise at CB. Why on Earth would we want to swap them around?

Just my opinion!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.