BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Spain 4 Ukraine 0

ihtd

Oh and Costa Rica, whom Ecuador just beat without raising a sweat are ranked 26 in the world compared with Trinidad and Tobago (who the "great" England managed to beat 2-0) at 47. Incidentally Paraguay are ranked 33.

But hey, why let facts get in the way of a good story.

It is just there is no way I can win is there. The fact that Neville is both English and a United player means a lot you don't like him. Throw in the fact that he has also been one of the most underrated players in the Premiership and International football for the past 10 or so years and you will see there isn't a point. He is a very good defender, no one better in the Premiership and I don't think there is really one better in the world. Of course there are other good ones out there, but once you have one of them you wouldn't swap them, England have Neville so there is no one England would rather have. He never makes mistakes (though he probably will now) and he is also very good going forward. How about you come up with a genuine reason why Neville isn't the best in the world in his position?

Cafu?

Enough said

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and Costa Rica, whom Ecuador just beat without raising a sweat are ranked 26 in the world compared with Trinidad and Tobago (who the "great" England managed to beat 2-0) at 47. Incidentally Paraguay are ranked 33.

But hey, why let facts get in the way of a good story.

Cafu?

Enough said

What do world rankings have to do about it? I didn't think England's performance today was impressive, efficient and effective, but my point is not to blow your load on the basis of one result. If England beat Sweden 10-0 it won't make me think they are any more likely to win the World Cup.

As for Cafu, he was a better player, he isn't anymore.

Rooney is English, I like him.

Sorry that came across as being wrong, I just think generally we think of British players as not being as good as foreign counterparts. There are of course exceptions, but I think it is something that the a player like Neville has suffered from. The fact that he plays for United won't help him on this board.

what rankings are the Faroe Islands if we're bringing up upsets? Also we're in teh world cup you aint nah nah nah :P

Also Neville is one of the best right backs in teh prem name 3 better over the past 5 years let alone 10?

Like it or not Neekoy this England team is good, very good.

Yes, well Argentina and the like must be shaking in their boots right about now

How about you come up with a genuine reason why Neville isn't the best in the world in his position?

Ok, here is your genuine reason

Because there are players better then him

Edited by neekoy

Obviously not FLB if it was months ago, unless of course they are utilising the algorithm for dynamic time warping

It's not the same England either, from what I remember they were actually competitive

Obviously not FLB if it was months ago, unless of course they are utilising the algorithm for dynamic time warping

It's not the same England either, from what I remember they were actually competitive

Well the England v Spain friendly match keeps being brought up and that took place well before the Argentina game.

The expression "one trick pony" could have been invented for Downing. To call him crap flatters him.

You obviously haven't seen much of him, one of the best left sided players in the premiership.

one of the best left sided players in the premiership.

Which just about says all that need to be said. He can run (quite) fast. But only in a straight line. And he can't cross. And he is considered (see above).

He has pace, good ball control, good passing ability and a good eye for goal. You obviously haven't seen very much of him and I thought that he did a decent job when he came on yesterday. He has suffered from the fact that he didn't play much last year as a result of injury, but there is no doubting that 'boro have a very good player on their hands and I'm sure he'll go on to big things.

Isn't this the same Argentina that we beat 3-2 and 1-0 the time before that? Personally I don't think that matters, but it is the argument that has been used for Spain. I don't think any of these group games matter as long as you get the points and get through, couldn't care less if you looked like world beaters or scraped by, it means nothing.

Feel sorry for S & M, even told someone to put a bet on them getting through the group as a good underdog bet...oops.

They showed what they could do in the second half against the Netherlands, but apart from that they seem to have been out of their league.

On current form no. However, there is a long way to go yet and neither team has faced a real test yet. They are good enough to beat each other so it will just be about who produces the goods in the knock-out stages. Brazil don't look to be in the same class as Argentina when you compare performances in Germany, but I'm sure that you wouldn't argue that Brazil are a far worse team than Argentina.

No I wouldn't say that Brazil are far worse than Argentina yet because we've only seen the Brazilians play once. We've seen England twice and they've been crap both times. I could easily say that Argentina are better than England however.

No I wouldn't say that Brazil are far worse than Argentina yet because we've only seen the Brazilians play once. We've seen England twice and they've been crap both times. I could easily say that Argentina are better than England however.

You were saying that about England after you'd only seen them play once.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.