BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Referee Show

philipl

Things like taking a free kick from the wrong place and shirt removal are a nonsense to give a card for - going in with a recless challenge yes, give a card but taking a free kick from the wrong place would at most warrent a ticking off and a warning of a yellow.

Pathetic

No doubt it will be a referee's decision that costs us.

I can see it now, John Terry makes a perfect sliding tackle, but the ref sees it as a lunge and sends him off.

I think it'll be Rooney sent off for dropping double digit f-bombs on a ref...

Imagine Rooney getting sent off at Ewood. Nothing would please me more than to see that. Of course Man Utd players are well known for surrounding referees. Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson are managerial legends which I grudgingly admit in Ferguson's case. One difference is that Clough's teams treated referees with respect...unlike Ferguson who regularly treats them with contempt. After all so many refereeing decisions have gone against them in recent years :rolleyes:

On the subject of referees nice to see FIFA making it even more difficult for them. The amazing thing about refereesing is that people actually volunteer to do it. I read an article by Jonathan Pearce in whatever tabloid it was a couple of weeks ago. Taking a shot at referees before the tournament even starts will make their lives a lot easier won't it Jonathan?

Video replays might make things easier but takes away worthwile talking points. For those who like controversy like me that's a no-go. It might just be easier to have FIFA discipline those players who make the refs lifes a misery.

Does everything you post have to be about manchester united?

No and my post record probably shows it dosen't. Mentioned them a few times today admittedly but no more than certain people mention Burnley, Birmingham or other clubs many BRFC fans hate. In reference to those clubs I don't care one way or another about eiether.

If taking shots at Man Utd is offensive to other BRFC fans for whatever reason I'll stop doing it.

Sorry to go off topic.

Well said AntiManUtd I dont like to see people having a go for no reason.

Back on topic some referees will be worse than others but we all know ours will most likely be bad... everytime we lose at least. :ph34r:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.