BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tourament Top Goalscorer

Hughesy

Who do people think the top scorer will be at the 2006 world cup?

Ruud with a point to prove? 16/1

Iv heard alot of people say Luca Toni from Italy but i dont know alot about him? 20/1

Or how about Crouchy at 40/1?

ronaldo is level with pele at the moment in the all time top goal scorer list in about joint 5th. he needs 5 to equal the top with is held by muller(germany) and maybe someone else???

some bloke from france has the most in any one world cup with 13 i beleve too.

Luca Toni is an obvious favourite after scoring 31 goals for Fiorentina this season, but Italy has a lot of attacking players who can score, and there's usually a lot of teams scoring more goals than Italy. I have placed small bets on him, and on Trezeguet - both players "always" score.

People might mock me for this, but if France puts together a good run in the WC, and Cissè gets the nod - I think he will score a lot. A good bet which can make a great payout, imo.

As for Crouch, I doubt it, but it's not impossible obviously. It depends a lot on the team for all the candidates involved, RvN is an outsider - he's got every incentive to have a good World Cup.

Then there's always Ronaldo and Miroslav Klose of course..

My bet: Luca Toni

- outsider Djibril Cissè.

Pauleta a good shout, as said in my preview, recently beat Eusebio's Portugese goalscoring record.

And as pleasure said vs. Angola and Iran, at 25/1 could be a good bet.

In World Cup 2002 he scored a Hat-trick vs. Poland in Portugal's only win.

In Euro 2004 he failed to score however so maybe a point to prove?

After Rooney gets ruled out Shearer will be tempted out of retirement and will get a surprising 15 goal haul by just whacking the ball as hard as he can as soon as he gets it ala Hasselbaink.

Or, if we're going to be silly, maybe Ronaldo...

Won't be Djibril Cisse as he's just been very unlucky and seems to have broken his leg in a friendly.

Luca Toni scored 31 goals in Serie A this year which is the first time thats happened since the 50's.

However I think Spain have a very easy group and could rattle in a few goals. A lot of people are tipping Villa to be their main man but in qualifying it was Fernando Torres. He's tipped to move this summer from Athletico Madrid (I think) and I find that players in that situation tend to thrive. Although he's struggled in the friendlies, I've backed him to come good at 33/1.

Best Odds for Top Goalscorer

Luca Toni is an obvious favourite after scoring 31 goals for Fiorentina this season, but Italy has a lot of attacking players who can score, and there's usually a lot of teams scoring more goals than Italy. I have placed small bets on him, and on Trezeguet - both players "always" score.

People might mock me for this, but if France puts together a good run in the WC, and Cissè gets the nod - I think he will score a lot. A good bet which can make a great payout, imo.

As for Crouch, I doubt it, but it's not impossible obviously. It depends a lot on the team for all the candidates involved, RvN is an outsider - he's got every incentive to have a good World Cup.

Then there's always Ronaldo and Miroslav Klose of course..

My bet: Luca Toni

- outsider Djibril Cissè.

I'd say Cisse is a very big outside bet now

And as mentioned in the great article (transfer thread) the Catenaccio football is long gone for Italy, they will score goals and create a lot of chances. A World Cup is a whole new arena for Toni to score though, scoring for fun in Serie A doesn't necessarily mean he will do the same in the World Cup. (That counts for all players obviously, and for some, like Ronaldo, it's usually the other way around!)

Tevez at 40-1 is a cracking bet.

Quite like Ronaldinho at 14's too, think he's got as good a chance as Ronaldo/Adriano.

Edited by Tugay4England

Tevez won't be the tournament's top scorer, no way. First of all, isn't he more of a creative player, not the 'fox in the box' type? Secondly, Argentina has three tough teams in their group, and might be sent home early imo.

Just before I left work I took your advise and dropped Trevez for Klose in my FF

Cheers :tu:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.