BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tourament Top Goalscorer

Hughesy

• 2 weeks later...

However I think Spain have a very easy group and could rattle in a few goals. A lot of people are tipping Villa to be their main man but in qualifying it was Fernando Torres. He's tipped to move this summer from Athletico Madrid (I think) and I find that players in that situation tend to thrive. Although he's struggled in the friendlies, I've backed him to come good at 33/1.

Good news for me after the Spain game tonight. Torres now top scorer with three although he really should have scored a couple more.

Now trading at 4/1 on Betfair and I've just laid my stake back. :)

Impressive. :)

Not as astute as you but I latched on to him after Paul Breen Turner on Talk Sport who knows a bit about Spanish football was raving on about him.

Had a fiver on him at 16/1 before the first game and another fiver at 12/1 before last night's game.

:tu:

Wouldn't bet too much on Torres just yet. First of all, Spain can lose against any team at any time, and secondly he is not the "finished article" just yet in my opinion. Yes, he has all the physical qualities, but I don't see him as the Ronaldo/Zidane type to decide the important matches at this stage.

My moneys already on Adriano... However I now wish I had bet on Klose. I had him in my WC dream team until last night, thinking Germany would settle for a bore draw with Ecuador as they were both through anyway. Smart move selling him for Klasnic! (Croatia to beat the dirty Aussies ;))

Wonder what odds you would have had on Gerrard to get it? Already has 2 and with Owen now out and the possibility that we switch to a 4-5-1 could see him scoring a few more, at least he has to if we are to progress.

Gerrard is actually still available at 43/1 on BF which, given your logic Eddie and if he was to switch to a more attacking role, is a decent price.

He was generally around 65/1 before the tournament but has been backed as high as 300/1 - presumably late during the Trinidad game before he rifled in his first.

as upsetting as it is - i think fat boy ronaldo will get it. Although he isnt the lightning fast forward he was in 98 and to some extent 02 - he still gets in the positions to score and brazil will provide the ammo for him.

Who does klose play for and can we buy him please?

Werder Bremen, and if he was to leave then there'd be bigger clubs in line :(.

He's really impressed me though. Great in the air, pretty quick, got an eye for goal and works extremely hard. Also created a lot of space for Podolski in the Sweden game, I'd imagine he's the type of player that would make most strike partners better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.