BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BBC v ITV

Tris

Perfect picture in high definition.

Got a new telly den?

I watched at a local club with two screens, one huge, the size of a cine projection screen, the other a large wall-mounted flat screen. The super big one was terrible, like watching Subuteo on TV. The other, a normal large TV, the players couldn't be seen when in the shadows and the white ball going in and out of the shadows was invisible 50% of the time. The pitch was covered in lots of shadows radiating out from a large central blob of shadow in the middle of the pitch. Totally crap stadium design for the TV viewer. The brief bit I saw of the Germany game seemed to suffer from the cameras being positioned too far from the pitch, as was the case today.

Still the game didn't seem to be up to much, fell asleep at the end of the first, read the paper second half. Very unimpressed

Got a new telly den?

I watched at a local club with two screens, one huge, the size of a cine projection screen, the other a large wall-mounted flat screen. The super big one was terrible, like watching Subuteo on TV. The other, a normal large TV, the players couldn't be seen when in the shadows and the white ball going in and out of the shadows was invisible 50% of the time. The pitch was covered in lots of shadows radiating out from a large central blob of shadow in the middle of the pitch. Totally crap stadium design for the TV viewer. The brief bit I saw of the Germany game seemed to suffer from the cameras being positioned too far from the pitch, as was the case today.

message to John Williams

Redesign stadium to make it difficult for tv viewers

Attendance problem solved,

:D:lol:

I heard a snippet that FIFA are thinking about putting roofs on the stadiums to stop "shadowing".

As for coverage, I mentioned that you can't complain until you've watched a game on US TV. They don't show national anthems, cover half the screen with graphics, adverts all through half time, don't give the line-ups until the game has started, and keep harping on about rankings. The Spanish language station is great though, shame I don't speak a word.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.