BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Japan 1 Australia 3

dillo_dillo

Incidentally that ref had a shocker. Japan's goal should NEVER have been counted as it was a blatant foul on Schwarzer. Plus the moron couldn't keep the cheese in his pocket throughout the match...

He also missed a clear penalty for Japan though. ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As there was no website to post my preview, I will pre my postview. :P

Japan were well organised and benefitted from the worst bit of reffing in the World Cup so far.

Australia are weaker than I thought but unlike SGE, Hiddinck is a tactical genius and played his substitutes extremely well- Australia in the final 15 minutes were a way-stronger proposition than they were in the first 75 and Japan couldn't cope.

I've always felt Schwarzer is a dodgy keeper and still do.

Neill had a very solid game, Emo was anonymous so was good by his standards.

Chipperfield and Wilkshire showed that lower division players cannot operate at this level.

Craig Moore was predictably poo.

Besciano was not Prem class on this showing.

Viduka was leaden footed.

Cahill and Aliosi transformed the socceroos, notwithstanding their goals.

Hiddinck will have to do something different against Croatia but at least Japan and Croatia will have played each other before the likely second place decider.

I expect the Aussies will get stuck into Brasil- a lot depends on the ref for that one. If there is a non-contact sport FIFA special, socceroos will do well to finish with 9 on the pitch.

Japan could embarass Croatia if they keep their organisation going- the Croats are more of a rabble than the Aussies are.

Chipperfield ....... showed that lower division players cannot operate at this level.

Lower Division? WTF? He plays for FC Basle (Swiss champion League regulars)

Anyway on the game - I thought we completely deserved the win and bring on Brazil! :rover:

Edited by AussieinUk

I understand that you Aussie's are excited to get your first world cup win and all but i think you're getting a bit carried away. You were very, very lucky to get anything from the game....

The ref can't really be blamed for japans goal because it could've easily been Moore who barged the keeper...but the penalty decision was aweful...and i cant beleive japan didnt even appeal for one!!!

Anyway a win is a win so congrats....something tells me you'll have to do better than that against the boys from Brazil though!!

Incidentaly, I thought Bert had a good game in the end!

I understand that you Aussie's are excited to get your first world cup win and all but i think you're getting a bit carried away. You were very, very lucky to get anything from the game....

Carried away? :wstu: First game in 32 years and 3 vital points and you say carrried away?

We dominated possesion and play.. yes, we were lucky to score 3 goals in eight minutes, but thats football.

Aus V Japan

shots on target : 9 - 2

shots off target : 10 - 5

possession : 56 - 44

corner kicks : 5 - 3

offsides : 4 - 3

fouls : 23 - 12

yellow cards : 4 - 3

red cards : 0 - 0

Edited by AussieinUk

Carried away? :wstu: First game in 32 years and 3 vital points and you say carrried away?

We dominated possesion and play.. yes, we were lucky to score 3 goals in eight minutes, but thats football.

As someone fameously said:"the boy done well" ;);)

Seriously though; I think the Aussies DID do well, and they SHOULD be proud of their team.

Just had dinner at the Australian team hotel. Gus Hiddinck is very nice to talk to. And the food there is excellent. (the team were all having a card school or something similar after dinner I saw one very tall one that I couldn't identify- as it had short hair and the only outfield beanpole doesn't, my guess is one of the two reserve goalies and one very small and weedy one with a tattoo on his calf- who I think might be Luke Wilkshire)

Actually have a ticket to Australia v Brazil. Go Aussie go!

Monster result for you Aussies.

Any sort of result v Croatia will surely see you through. :tu:

Question: Why didn't Cahill start? I would have thought he was one of your better players? :huh:

I think he's just coming back from injury. They didn't want to risk him.

what a game!

the reason why bresciano wasn't at his best is becasue hes been on antibiotics for his ear infection all week and wasn't 100%

neill was so solid and composed at the back.

aussies were pretty rough, but i was happy because they were targetting nakamura.

luke wilkshire had division 2 written all over him

I thought we played very well, but lacked quality in the final third. Didn't know what to make of Japan though. Their goal was dodge and apparently the ref apologised for getting it wrong, but Schwatzer had to do better than that. The boys looked tired and off pace towards the end. Great subs by Hiddink.

Aussies completely dominated the game, Japan only looked good on the counter but lacked any type of finishing quality.

Emerton and Wilkshire were dire. Australia looked much better with the two big boys up front and having Cahill play off them.

Now if we could get Bresciano, Cahill and Skoko in that region playing off the two boys in front there would be a lot more goals in the bag.

Emerton is never going to get there to take those shots, even when he had 50 seconds to settle he skied it.

He was solid enough in defence but coming forward was horrible and offered nothing on the right.

Neill and Moore were fantastic at the back, nothing was coming through the guts except for direct balls over the top.

For those doubting the Japan foul on Schwarzer, reports are that the ref apologised to Schwarzer after the game saying he had made a mistake and that he actually prayed to God after the game thanking him for letting Australia win.

We are probably going to be taken to town by Brazil, but England showed that miracles can happen in this game.

Just had dinner at the Australian team hotel. Gus Hiddinck is very nice to talk to. And the food there is excellent. (the team were all having a card school or something similar after dinner I saw one very tall one that I couldn't identify- as it had short hair and the only outfield beanpole doesn't, my guess is one of the two reserve goalies and one very small and weedy one with a tattoo on his calf- who I think might be Luke Wilkshire)

Actually have a ticket to Australia v Brazil. Go Aussie go!

I offically hate you now :(

I was in sitting in a pub in K-Town for the game as the €200 price that touts (all with dodgy East London accents) were offering for tickets was way too steep for me.

Australia did dominate the game but were very wasteful with their passes especially Wilkshire who should never play in the first team again. The Japan goal was the worst decision of the cup so far and how any ref or assistant ref couldn't see that beggars believe.

Also, shame that the real football fans were outside the stadium while tennis/union/Aussie Rules fans were in the ground sitting on their arses and chanting "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi" :angry:

Haven`t read the whole thread, but i couldn`t help but raise a smile when i saw the name on one of the Japanese players shirts.....FUKUNISHI!!! :lol:

Gotta be one of the best of the tournament so far! :tu:

I was in sitting in a pub in K-Town for the game as the €200 price that touts (all with dodgy East London accents) were offering for tickets was way too steep for me.

Australia did dominate the game but were very wasteful with their passes especially Wilkshire who should never play in the first team again. The Japan goal was the worst decision of the cup so far and how any ref or assistant ref couldn't see that beggars believe.

Also, shame that the real football fans were outside the stadium while tennis/union/Aussie Rules fans were in the ground sitting on their arses and chanting "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi" :angry:

The japan goal was the 2nd worst decision in the cup i think...behind his failure to give a penalty and a red card! I dont think we'll see this ref beyond the group stages!

I would say it was Japan that was wasteful. As for the goal, I can understand how it was given and I think more blame should be placed on the keeper, that was a horrible attempt at collecting a cross and I think his reaction said it all.

I would say it was Japan that was wasteful. As for the goal, I can understand how it was given and I think more blame should be placed on the keeper, that was a horrible attempt at collecting a cross and I think his reaction said it all.

Even the ref is apologising for letting it stand FFS

Ref Apologises

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.