BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

What A Start To This World Cup!

Tris

3 match days in - 11 games gone - only 53 left!!

I've managed to see every game so far and I have to say the entertainment has been first class. Lots of stunning goals, open attacking football, skills all over the pitch, exciting "new" teams to watch, refereeing generally excellent and consistent, the grounds are full, the atmosphere is getting into the living room, and I can't wait to be out there in 5 days time soaking it up for real.

The World Cup is so special - no other major sporting event comes close to it. I enjoy the cricket, golf majors (special mention for the Ryder Cup) - even the Tour de France and the odd bit of skiing, athletics, tennis and motor sport now and then - but football is the be all and end all - this great global tournament is a class apart.

Roll on tomorrow - 3 more mouth watering fixtures. First look at France, Switzerland, Brazil, Croatia, Togo and South Korea. Spain and three more teams to follow on Wednesday. It really doesn't get any better than this for football fans - and 4 years is such a long wait for the next one!! I for one will not waste a single moment of fab football between now and July 9th!!!

3 match days in - 11 games gone - only 53 left!!

I've managed to see every game so far and I have to say the entertainment has been first class. Lots of stunning goals, open attacking football, skills all over the pitch, exciting "new" teams to watch, refereeing generally excellent and consistent, the grounds are full, the atmosphere is getting into the living room, and I can't wait to be out there in 5 days time soaking it up for real.

The World Cup is so special - no other major sporting event comes close to it. I enjoy the cricket, golf majors (special mention for the Ryder Cup) - even the Tour de France and the odd bit of skiing, athletics, tennis and motor sport now and then - but football is the be all and end all - this great global tournament is a class apart.

Roll on tomorrow - 3 more mouth watering fixtures. First look at France, Switzerland, Brazil, Croatia, Togo and South Korea. Spain and three more teams to follow on Wednesday. It really doesn't get any better than this for football fans - and 4 years is such a long wait for the next one!! I for one will not waste a single moment of fab football between now and July 9th!!!

Glad you're enjoying it Tris. The only thing I would say is that with the exception of T and T against Sweden the results thus far have been entirely predictable.

It may be that the 16 teams you would expect to make the second stage, do so and the tournament only really takes off at that point. I hope it's not that predictable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.