BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England 2 Trinidad And Tobago 0

Ozz

I checked the list and this didn't seem on so I have taken the libbo of starting a thread for tonights match. If someone else is doing it, just hoy this in the virtual waste paper basket.

Prima facie, this should be an easy game for England. Man for man the English are better in every position, except the manager. In a recent warm up they knocked six past Carib neighbours Jamaica without reply and this is the first ever turn out for T n T in a world cup.

But they did give Sweden a bit of a run around in the first game, with 10 men so they obviously have something about them. Coach Leo Von Bean flicker seems to have got them playing collectively a lot better than the individual parts may suggest they could.

I'm in the pub for this one, shouldn't be too busy at 5pm on a Thursday? Personally I think it's a bit unfair that England have to play two countries at once but I guess it's some sort of handicapping system.

Looking forward to see Yorkie play against his erstwhil Man Utd mates, I bet he has a blinder.

What's Stern Johns real name?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I booked the whole day off, and I am still not in the pub.

We will conceed a goal or 2 tonight, there will be defensive howlers from the likes of Ferdinand.

Joe Cole will try to win the game all on his own.

Beckham will sit back and hit long raning passes for any one to chase into space... but its too hot so we wont get to them.

We will pick up 3 or 4 goals from midfield long range or set pieces towards on goal.

4 -2 England.

Edited by 3rdpillar

I swear Sven is paid millions to tell the defense to smack the ball as far upfrield as possible and for Gerrard and Lampard to shoot from any position as soon as they get the ball! This is just so infuriating!

Lampard must be the most anonymous player at this world cup. He doesn't pass, he doesn't tackle - all he does is shoot, missing every time.

We'll definately lose to Germany if we get them and I can actually see us losing to Equador. We really are that bad.

Lamps might prove me wrong but as many have been saying for aeons, he and Gerrard are not a partnership worth talking about.

England need to play quick passing football. Which they seem incapable of.

Please tell me what crap Hansen and Shearer talk at half-time ( I don't have access to a tv at the mo). Yesterday they were dismissing the threat of Germany as nothing to worry about in the least for the mighty England.

ROONEY, ROONEY, ROONEY!

Edited by rover6

Sack the Swede, utter @#/?. This side is pedestrian, the forward line is a joke and the centre of midfield can't play together. Not that anything will change at half time.

I think it sums it up that the hopes of a nation rest on the shoulders of a 20 year old, a crocked one at that.

Quite frankly the team is a disgrace right now.

Please tell me what crap Hansen and Shearer talk at half-time ( I don't have access to a tv at the mo). Yesterday they were dismissing the threat of Germany as nothing to worry about in the least for the mighty England.

The game's on ITV1. That's also why we're losing. :unsure:

Lampard must be the most anonymous player at this world cup. He doesn't pass, he doesn't tackle - all he does is shoot, missing every time.

Would that be the Lampard that was man of the match in the first game? The Lampard that was the player looking most likely to score for 75 minutes? The Lampard that was top scorer in the qualifiying rounds?

I sometimes wonder what game people are watching.

Would that be the Lampard that was man of the match in the first game? The Lampard that was the player looking most likely to score for 75 minutes? The Lampard that was top scorer in the qualifiying rounds?

I sometimes wonder what game people are watching.

I'd drop him in a heartbeat for a defensive midfielder(in a midfield 4 ) - anything that frees up Gerrard is fine by me. Quite frankly I'm leaning towards a five man midfield with the team we have at this tournament, which incidentally is the only system I've seen Lampard suceed in.

Edited by Exiled_Rover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.