BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Argentina 6 Serbia 0

philipl

it would be the best ever goal if S&M hadnt decided not to turn up at the first whistle and were utterly dreadful and not trying. Against a team trying a fantastic goal. Against a team so devoid of ideas passion and skill, just a well worked goal.

it would be the best ever goal if S&M hadnt decided not to turn up at the first whistle and were utterly dreadful and not trying. Against a team trying a fantastic goal. Against a team so devoid of ideas passion and skill, just a well worked goal.

I would agree with that.

They didn't play well because Argentina were all over them.

If the goal had been in the final, in injury time and was for the win it would have the greatest goal ever.

It was still the best team goal in a world cup I have seen. If it wasn't, name one better.

They didn't play well because Argentina were all over them.

If the goal had been in the final, in injury time and was for the win it would have the greatest goal ever.

It was still the best team goal in a world cup I have seen. If it wasn't, name one better.

they didnt play well because they were rubbish.

When was that goal? Was it the first?

they didnt play well because they were rubbish.

When was that goal? Was it the first?

It was the second goal....

Having a Serbian background (both parents born there) I am disgusted by the way they performed. Too much politics mixed in with the sporting teams. The players showed no pride or passion. Bloody disgrace. Of course it doesn't help when the players are playing for a country that doesn't exist anymore and have an anthem that is booed by there own nation (and rightly so, being a communist anthem). But still, excuses aside, the Serbian team needs a total clean up, from Manager to players.. Its always been a problem with Serbian teams, always politics getting involved and always bad team chemistry... Oh well, you better hope England never have that problem, because its bloody embarrassing not to mention frustrating!!!

Anyway, I'm lucky ive got Australia to support also! :P

I partly agree, in that S&M were woeful.

However, for the second goal, did they do anything seriously wrong? Perhaps early on in the move they could have pressed harder to break up the build-up but you could hardly say that they didn't pull numbers back. In the heat their 'plan' was evidently to let the Argies have the ball and sit back and defend deep.

At the sharp end of the move they did their best in closing down Saviola, but his technique enabled him control the ball and make the pass to Cambiasso and Crespo's backheel was extremely difficult to defend against and the keeper couldn't do much with the finish.

If I was an Argentinian fan, i would be a little worried that they have peaked too early. At least as an England supporter, that's something that isn't a problem. ;)

Whilst many have hyped up Riquelme as the epitome of a playmaker, I believe a good defensive team could shut him out of the game with close marking. He has no pace and doesn't track back. The Serbs gave him as much time and space on the ball as he wanted.

Got to agree with you Lubez.

I play with a few guys from that region, great players, great skills, but when it goes t1ts up, for them, it's who on my own side can I blame.

Chemistry, or lack of it, sums it up.

Couldn't agree more.

Whilst many have hyped up Riquelme as the epitome of a playmaker, I believe a good defensive team could shut him out of the game with close marking. He has no pace and doesn't track back. The Serbs gave him as much time and space on the ball as he wanted.

i agree with you whole heartidly Rover6, Riquelme goes missing for large portions of the game but then retains his inflated reputation through a couple of exquisite moments, Saviolas goal V Ivory Coast being an excellent example(MGP anybody?).

For me, a perfect midfield playmaker is Kranjcar of Croatia. Not quite as many devestating monemts as Riquelme but keeps the midfield ticking over with sharp ranged passing, positive running, excellent first touch and vision. Would love to see him in a Rovers shirt as a replacement for Tugay.

i agree with you whole heartidly Rover6, Riquelme goes missing for large portions of the game but then retains his inflated reputation through a couple of exquisite moments,

Absolute, utter and complete nonesence. Riquelme is a footballing god. Even when England beat Argentina last year we only got into the game when Argentina took Riquelme off as he totally dominated the game up until then. He seems to have the ball all the time and never gives it away, what a player!

We'll have to play him loads and all he'll do is sit on his stringbean ar$e and collect the cash.

Okay, you have your views out in the open. I think they are rubbish, but it's an impossible debate - at least before Zigic arrives. We'll just wait and see.

I really think so. The best goals are always played on loop almost everywhere on the run up to World Cups and I have never seen a goal like that one.

The edited highlight of the goal doesn't show all the assured passing (24 altogether) which was everything but ponderous.

<_<

What you talking about son? Best TEAM goal, you probably have an argument. But best goal? Nah. Maradona took the ball about as far ON HIS OWN, so that rubbishes that theory.

I'm not going to get into a cultural debate but Serbs aren't suited to the Premier League. Some time ago I listed about 10 Serbs (I need to add Kezman, Jokanovic, and Croat Stanic) who have been to England and gone back quickly as they didn't do anything, and I believe that Zigic will be another. We'll have to play him loads and all he'll do is sit on his stringbean ar$e and collect the cash.

You're judging him without knowing him though. Mind, proponents of signing him are usually doing the same.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.