BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Silly Season - Gossip Columns

Alan75

It's the silly season again, as far as the back pages go. Although the World Cup is on, with the lack of activety on the domestic front, journalists are having difficulty filling their quota of column space on the back pages day in day out.

After the success of last season, it is inevitable that the media will speculate and link Rovers players with moves away from the club, especially Bellamy whose goals were instrumental in Rovers finishing 6th in the league and european qualification.

What I would say to all Rovers supporters is, that they shouldn't panic when they see articles relating to Rovers transfers. Mark Hughes is an ambitious manager and I don't suspect he would have signed a new contract last month if he wasn't certain that he'd getting the backing of the board in retaining existing players or receiving the finances to strengthen the squad. That was evident when Morten Gamst Pedersen signed a new contract that will keep him at the club until the summer of 2010 and young striker Matt Derbyshire signing a new 2 year contract earlier this week.

Hopefully with more England activety in the World Cup, the media will have plenty of other news to fill the back pages, although I suspect good performances by Lucas Neill and Bret Emerton for the Aussies will fuel further transfer gossip linking them with moves away from "The Small Town in Europe"

The time to worry, is when there is no media coverage of the club, as it would indicate that there is no quality players at the club and that the club were not successfull or ambitious.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.