BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Knock Out Stages

philipl

Yeah, if both England and Argentina win their group they will play in the final, while if Germany win their group we will play Ecuador in the last 16 if we win ours. This is the World Cup, you are going to have to play and beat good teams if you want to win it.

Hang on if Argentina finish second in Group C then we could meet them in the quarter finals.

I know its probably due to a brain tumour or something but im quite confident, I dont know why and quite expect us to get knocked out be Ecuador, but........

I have this nagging suspicion that we'll do alright.

If England survive against Ecuador, we "only" get the winner of Holland v Portugal.

Whoever wins that tie will be odds on in footballing terms to sort out the winner of England v Ecuador.

We'll have to see how those respective matches go before we decide that. If England thump Ecuador and those two fight out a game into extra time without really impressing I'm sure the mood and odds will change. I'm always of the opinion that the form book goes out the window in this, no one will be looking forward to playing England.

I don't know about anybody else but (presuming that we get past Ecuador fingers crossed) I would much rather play Holland or Portugal than Argentina, Germany (godammit, why are they suddenly so good?!) Spain or Brazil.

On current form the Portuguese are better than us (the dutch are not, about the same) but I still reckon we can beat those sides. The four I mention above however would have me seriously worrying.

As things look, if we had a decent coaching set-up, England look to have a decent run to the Final.

Ecuador are decently competent but are completely managable, the Portuguese and Dutch have dangerous players but not enough overall whilst the Brasilians are mis-firing.

Unfortunately, we have an absolutely terrible coaching set-up which doesn't know what it is doing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.