BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

France 1 South Korea 1

Eddie

I apologise for not doing a preview, it totally slipped my mind and I only just thought of it while watching the game.

France are currenty winning 1-0, though should be 2 as Viera's header crossed the line. Much improved performance compared to the boring show against Switzerland.

1-1 Barthez with a howler showing how bad a mistake the coach made not going with Coupet.

Always great to see teams that are in complete control blow it. It will be interesting to see how the Viera "goal" is dealt with now, knowing the French press they'll be calling for blood more than cursing their luck. As for a Barthez howler, I really don't think he was at fault there. The touch took it above him and he just stuck up a hand, sometimes you would tip it wide or over, others you just don't get enough on it, not really his fault. I would be more interested to know why Gallas pulled out of taking a swing at the ball rather than placing any blame on Barthez.

It is more than likely that they will still go through. As long as they win against Togo they will probably finish second in the group behind the winner of the Swiss v South Korea match. I don't know what happens if that is a draw as well, does it then go to goal difference?

a win against togo and they should be fine.

Whats the group?

South Korea 4 pts

Francs 2 pts

Swiss 1 (stilll to play)

Togo 0 (still to play)

I expect the Swiss to beat Togo

so then

South Korea 4 pts

Swiss 4 pts

Francs 2 pts

Togo 0

Last games are Swis vs Korea and France v Togo

France winning and the swiss and Koreans winning

Thats 5 pts apiece it'll go down to goal difference

could be very very interesting

a win against togo and they should be fine.

Whats the group?

South Korea 4 pts

Francs 2 pts

Swiss 1 (stilll to play)

Togo 0 (still to play)

I expect the Swiss to beat Togo

so then

South Korea 4 pts

Swiss 4 pts

Francs 2 pts

Togo 0

Last games are Swis vs Korea and France v Togo

France winning and the swiss and Koreans winning

Thats 5 pts apiece it'll go down to goal difference

could be very very interesting

i think you mean Korea-swis drawing and france winning.

What makes this potentially very, very interesting are all the reports of unrest in the Togo camp. What happens if they refuse to play agianst switzerland? Surely the swiss would be awarded a victory by default?! But what would happen with the goal difference?! I know that when i played powerleague a 10-0 victory was automatically awarded if the other team didn't show...although i doubt it's the same in the world cup!!! :blink::P

I dont think it will happen..but it could!

Edited by cn_barlow

i think you mean Korea-swis drawing and france winning.

What makes this potentially very, very interesting are all the reports of unrest in the Togo camp. What happens if they refuse to play agianst switzerland? Surely the swiss would be awarded a victory by default?! But what would happen with the goal difference?! I know that when i played powerleague a 10-0 victory was automatically awarded if the other team didn't show...although i doubt it's the same in the world cup!!! :blink::P

I dont think it will happen..but it could!

Usually 3-0 is the standard, though I wouldn't be surprised if they were simply removed from the competition and the group fought about between the three fo them.

Surprisingly positive actually. Most believe that they will still qualify and that yesterday was at least an improvement and they showed that they can play some decent stuff. Obviously some of them think that they really shouldn't have blown it last night, but having said that they also feel it is a blessing in digsuise that Zidane is suspended for the next match which will hopefully see the team move to a 4-4-2. Really surprisingly calm.

on the korea team sheet lastnight i think i counted 6 people with the name lee and 3 with the name kim.

a commentators nightmare!!!

the french have missed the boat imo, no spirit in the sqaud and alot of the starting 11 look past it.

should make the second round though i wouldn't be to suprised if they are home before the postcards.

I agree Eddie, Zidane's ban will ignite the French. They can now play to Henry rather than the ageing maestro. Malouda looked very good, who does he play for?

He was out of the last game as he was suffering from piles. *snigger*

Malouda has been a vital memeber of the Lyon team for the lsat couple of years and yesterday he showed what a vital player he is for France. I think France will qualify and will do it without Zidane. Hopefully we'll be able to see Dhorasso starting and a striker to play with Henry.

As for last night, I think that France played extremely well and showed what they are capable of inspite of and not because of Domenech. I was amazed that Domenech still refused to have a partner for Henry last night, but they looked pretty good anyway. Although there were numerous occassions where France got in to decent crossing positions, but there was only Henry in the box. This has to be sorted out if France are to progress. Ribery did well coming from the bench and showed glimpses of what he is capable of. Allez les bleus!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.