BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reidy!

Glad to hear that from Steven reid...

as to club going places...

Depends on who hughes bring in with that £6.5m + whatever left

Think spurs are simply wasting their time making ridiculous bids. £2m for reid??!!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice statement from Reidy and nice to see him being so positive.

One thing is clear - it is vital to our club that for the next few years we keep hold of Hughes & all his backroom staff. They are doing a great job.

Also John Williams has been top class. Carry on the good work!

also, funny to read what he has to say about his team mates if you take a look.

Shame Bellamy couldn't be using the same text eh? Little Weasel!

We saved his little backside and he repays us by selling himself on e bay!

Gutted! :rover:

Can I just point out that I am female so "lads" isn't really appropriate!

Sorry gumboots. Really thought you were a bloke, but i haven't seen you so at least i can be pardoned for that slight error, lol. Forgive me?? :blink:

Aye fantastic to read comments from Steve Reid. A decent guy who has his feet well and truly on the ground. In reference to this £2 million, if Bellamy, MGP were on their last year, would they be sold for£2million? Disgraceful so it is.

With reference to Bellamy, he just wanted to play Champions League football and i don' deny him that and was fairly honest about it. He kept his head down and played his football and didn't hype up the clause in his contract which he has to be given his fair dues. He's kept everything amicable and wish him all the best, but i won't be feeling sorry if Liverpool fail to qalify for the group stages of the Champions League.

Haven't seen this before about Lucas Neill probably not being at Ewood next season.

Apology accepted. Know it's not the most feminine sounding user name but I teach German and I like the sound of the German for gumboots but if I put it on in German it takes too long to type every time I need to.

Danke Schon,

Mein Deutsch auch ziemlich gut und Deutschland ist nicht gut am World Cup.

Anyhow, thanks for the apology and i'll not make that mistake again.

Tschüs

Groo.

Somehow that list of Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle and two unnamed Spanish sides isn't that impressive. All clubs of larger support but none in a higher competition and only one of them finished higher than us in the league.

• 1 month later...

That's nice article and it's good to hear a player talking about loyality to the fans and how he can develop further at Rovers. By all reports he is an extremely nice fella, with no footballers ego. He'll be crucial in our success this season and if he could score 6-10 Premership goals a season (which he is capable of) we'd have a seriously goo player in our team.

He’s a top guy Roy. Not stuck up his own backside in anyway.

I think that we have several players who have the potential to be top class players and that went along way in their progress last year.

I think the likes of Pedersen, Reid, Peter and possibly Bentley could all improve even more this year and I think they will get stronger and stronger for the next couple of years.

Now I've no doubt that some people will disagree with me here but Reids all action end to end attitude coincides imo not only with the arrival of Hughes and his team but more particularly from the arrival of and example shown by Robbie Savage.

Now I've no doubt that some people will disagree with me here but Reids all action end to end attitude coincides imo not only with the arrival of Hughes and his team but more particularly from the arrival of and example shown by Robbie Savage.

I'd agree with that...but it also coincides with him having a more settled position in the team...which is of course down to Hughes.

Sav might not be the prettiest player to watch but he does have a massive influence on the rest of the squad.

If Reid has another good season next time i reckon we'll be receiving some more bids for him...maybe a tad higher than £2m though! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen on Sky Sports News that Steven Reid will be captain for Ireland tomorrow night against Holland. Congratulations Reidy - I think this season will propell him on to the big stage and he will go from strength to strength. :tu:

Great news, i tthink he should be our captain now. Not waste it on people like Neill, if he's going why does he deserve it. No player is bigger than a club.

i think nelsen will take the armband off todd this season, he wore it alot last season though when nelsen and todd played, todd had it still.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.