BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reidy!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by the sounds of it, they should be both back playing in january and it's going to seem like 2 brand new signings of top quality.

nelsen will get the arm band back and work on his partnership with ooijer which could be awsome and reidy will add some much needed steel and pace to our midfield which we are desperate for.

i just hpe the return of these players wont effect the boards decision to let hughes bring in some more quality in the transfer window.

by the sounds of it, they should be both back playing in january and it's going to seem like 2 brand new signings of top quality.

nelsen will get the arm band back and work on his partnership with ooijer which could be awsome and reidy will add some much needed steel and pace to our midfield which we are desperate for.

i just hpe the return of these players wont effect the boards decision to let hughes bring in some more quality in the transfer window.

Were going to need someone to cover if these players get injured again anyway arent we. I mean look whats happening at the moment without them. Think its a pretty good lesson of what will happen if there injuries flare up again! :blink:

Errm, It might, heard Sparky on SSN and he was saying it'd be like have three new signings, would keep his eyes open for more. It came across to me like we might be still weeing with the willy we got (albeit with 3 additional inches)

Can I just remind people that Reid was not exactly playing well at the start of this season. A few of his showings for Ireland were very disappointing. I think it'll take a while for him to get back in the groove.

he was not fully fit at the start of the season as well

• 5 weeks later...

If this is true then I don't think Sparky will have a choice but to sign someone this transfer window, we've constantly struggled with midfield cover so far this season and I'm sure Tugay will begin to fade, especially if we have 2 cup runs going on!

At least we have time to sign someone. It could've happened after the window had shut...silver lining and all...

I miss that Oirish sparkplug and his booming shots from 40 yards out...ok maybe not so much of those since they mostly missed, but yeah we've been missing him almost as much as Nelsen. Get well soon, Reidy!!!

Surely we should sign another central midfielder even if Reid does become fit... I mean he is going to need some time to become match fit. His injury (if todays rumours arent true) could flare up again....

Savage and Tugay are no spring chickens and were going to need something extra in the cup, league and Europe...

Please dont tell me Mokoena is good enough to fill that gap, because we all know he is useless with the ball going forward...

I would have thought a midfielder would have always been on the cards for Sparky, and to be honest im rather suprised he hasnt spent any money on a midfielder since Bentley, Mokoena and Savage...

We need a new central midfielder anyway, even if Reid does come back... Preferably fast, creative and sturdy...

If Pleasure is right, and he has done his cruciate, then we need two central midfielders. One with the power of Reidy and one with more creativity.

God i wish! :) but we all know that wont happen...

If its true, we all know what Sparky will do... He will bring in a midfielder on loan till the end of the season and have 'faith' in Mokoena... and that will be the end of it for this season as far as midfield signings go... :(

How long does Cruciate ligament usually keep players out for? If its true, surely Reid will be looking at Next season now?....

If Pleasure is right, theres no way Hughes will go public with this until Feb, Club will know Rovers are desperate for a midfielder and obviously hike their price up....

Edited by AxesFirstTouch

How long does Cruciate ligament usually keep players out for? If its true, surely Reid will be looking at Next season now?....

Depends on several things, if he has strained or torn it, and also if he has done it to his posterior cruciate ligament or his anterior cruciate ligament.

If he has strained either of these, he could be missing for anywhere between 2 to 6 weeks. If he has torn/damaged it, your looking months... 4 to 12 months...

Dare i say it, a bad tear has been known to end a footballers career. :(:tu:

Edited by West Sussex Rover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.