SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England 1 Ecuador 0

philipl

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Joe Cole never pass to Ashley Cole?

I noticed that too, Cole overlaps into position then Cole inevitably cuts inside ignoring him. How bad have we looked so far, fancying Ecuador to nick this one, but I did before the game and I have seen nothing to make me doubt my original thoughts.

I noticed that too, Cole overlaps into position then Cole inevitably cuts inside ignoring him. How bad have we looked so far, fancying Ecuador to nick this one, but I did before the game and I have seen nothing to make me doubt my original thoughts.

To be fair to Joe, he may not back himself to track back to cover for Ashley if he over-commits.

The otehr two I can agree with. But Carrick? I like the lad but he kept giving the ball away and didnt provide the shield that we want from a Central defende and we cant have that.

GET WELL SOON GARY NEVILLE AND DO IT BLOODY QUICKLY

Well I got that all wrong, I thought England were going to play really well...

There are a two major excuses that can be made- the heat, the absolute disinterest of the Eucuador players in trying to win the game (in the knockout round! christ...).

However, Beckham was clearly finished as a force in the game in the 70th minute- he was throwing up! Why didn't Sven withdraw him?

The next game is in the afternoon too, hopefully it will be cooler. As for what formation I haven't got a clue...

ps. I said before the tournament that the quarter finals were the stage we absolutely had to reach. We managed that so well done!

Absolute garbage yet again but a perfectly acceptable result.

The second game along with the Paraguay game in which we've created nothing whatsoever from open play, but had to rely on a Beckham free kick. (Beckham was woeful once cagain)

The Rooney back to goal experiment left him completely isolated and devoid of any support just as tnr predicted.

Sven just gets luckier and luckier but surely this is the end of the line playing like this.

Absolute garbage yet again but a perfectly acceptable result.

The second game along with the Paraguay game in which we've created nothing whatsoever from open play, but had to rely on a Beckham free kick. (Beckham was woeful once cagain)

The Rooney back to goal experiment left him completely isolated and devoid of any support just as tnr predicted.

Sven just gets luckier and luckier but surely this is the end of the line playing like this.

Up pops Jim Mk3

Rev, I totally agree with you but those men with the analytical skills of a spoon (aka the MOTD pundits) seemed satisfied, almost impressed, with England's performance.

It defies belief that all tournament Hansen, Shearer and Wright have been dismissing Germany and yet after an England game like that, they are eulogising about the team.

Lampard and Gerrard? Still they flatter to deceive. Carrick was reasonable but certain people (guess who) thought he was astoundingly splendiferous.

I'm glad England won but how many would Germany or Argentina have scored against that lot?

England need to improve (how many times have we said that?).

Lampard should never pull on an England shirt again, he's been woeful the entire tourament.

Same formation next game with Hargreaves holding for Carrick (who's distribution was excellent) and Gerrard. Lennon should also start, Beckham has done nothing to earn his place (thought that free kick has probably bought himself another year of Captaincy). We're unbelievably slow and need an injection of both pace and width - Lennon provides both.

Well Ecuador were probably the worst team we've played thats why we never looked like conceding (after they hit the bar, but we'll ignor that because it was a mistake :D)

If Lampard had his shooting boots on, we would have won this game(along with a cuple of the others) much easier than this.

Dont understand why The Fraud SGE took of Cole for the useless Carragher, we were in complete control and even looked like scoring more!

I also cant understand why Hansen and Shearer were w@nking over Carrick, I thought he was pretty average and would prefer Hargreaves in there (if Nevilles fit) for the next game.

Rooney and Ashley Cole were Englands best players today

We are a nation that is not hitting form just at the moment, if Sven finds his balls and can get them up for the quarter final and plays bloody Lennon from the start in a la Chelski formation 4-5-1/4-3-3 meaning he can still play Becks we would be a threat to any side in the world.

Robbo

Neville(if fit) Ferdinand Terry A Cole

Beckham Carrick Lampard

Lennon Gerrard

Rooney

To play that formation would probably mean that either Joe Cole/Beckham or Lampard would have to be dropped and i cannot see that happening but Lennon does look a threat and is somewhat of an unknown quantity to other nations. Yes the prem goes out worldwide but not many teams would have been looking for him as a first choice threat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.