BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

So, Who Do We Want To Play In Q/f's?

greggyk

So fellow England fans, who would be prefer to play in the next round, the Dutch or Portugal?

I'd say that Portugal look much better attacking and quite creative? But Hollands defence looks pretty tight and cant see Rooney on his own beating them that many times.

This is going to be one of the best games of the Finals.

Both teams have massively entertaining players and if they rise to the occasion, it will be the classic match the Finals have not had so far.

I think the Dutch defence will just about shade it for them but here's hoping for a 4-3 result!

Pretty dire match so far. Good goal, stupid sending off.

And the first yellow was the same thing Mastroeni got a red for....

Edited by American

to be fair it would have been hilarious if it had gone to extra time - and helpful as it would knackered out the portuguese that bit more.

Still its doubtful there would have been enough players on the pitch to finish the game.

Is this not the greatest World Cup ever :)

The easier of the two options but I was hoping that Holland would win after Figo's antics.

After thrusting his head into an opponent's with the referee's back turned (for which he bizarrely then got a yellow) he got another opponent sent off 5 minutes later with a terrible piece of play acting.

It was only really after that that the players lost it and things went seriously pear shaped.

Is this not the greatest World Cup ever :)

You're right it's definitely not!

And the poster above is quite right. Kuyt looks useless on the evidence of the last 2 games.

Figo was an absolute disgrace. I was waiting for another Dutch player to get some revenge with the ref's back turned. It seemed to all start when the ref missed Costinha's foul on Ooijer that could have sent him off.

Figo was an absolute disgrace. I was waiting for another Dutch player to get some revenge with the ref's back turned. It seemed to all start when the ref missed Costinha's foul on Ooijer that could have sent him off.

Or when Boulahrouz fouled Cristiano Ronaldo and should have gotten a red card.

But you don't like CR so who cares, right?

Or when Boulahrouz fouled Cristiano Ronaldo and should have gotten a red card.

But you don't like CR so who cares, right?

A red would have been deserved, even though I still dislike CR. :P

Despite the comments about the cards, I don't think the ref called a bad game.

I think the players didn't help much either.

Too true, every one of those yellow cards was deserved. They were either for dangerous and reckless fouls or for doing something that the player should have known would have generated a yellow (ie Deco picking the ball up to delay a Dutch free kick.)

No doubt there will be lots and lots of comment about how the ref "lost the game." IMHO he didn't. The players and their managers "lost the game." They know the laws, they should know by now how the refs have been told to interpret the laws.

I'm just waiting for the next moron to take his shirt off after scoring a goal.................

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.