BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Germany 1 Argentina 1

SouthAussieRover

Looks like Ballack's ready to play for Chelsea. From Soccernet's commentary:

"99 mins -- SHOCKING DIVE! Ballack throws himself to the ground as he and Ayala tussle for a cross; a dreadful act of deception from the German captain."

So Arjen Robben, Didier Drogba, Joe Cole, Michael Ballack and add to that list, Duffers isn't averse to the odd theatrical tumble.

Something tells me Mourinho won't be complaining about a lack of Chelsea penalties next year.

So after all pundits w@nking over Argentina and their 6-0 win against some Seriban muppets, they go out because of their negative approach.

Although, the Germans were equally negative to be fair, with their one shot (goal)

Happy to see Argentina lose, but gutted to see the Germans go through though. :blink:

Looks like Ballack's ready to play for Chelsea. From Soccernet's commentary:

"99 mins -- SHOCKING DIVE! Ballack throws himself to the ground as he and Ayala tussle for a cross; a dreadful act of deception from the German captain."

Sorry but that is impossible.

Only portuguese players do it. :P

Phillipl's quote from a few days ago

The Argentinian substitutes said it all: Tevez, Aimar (changed it) and Messi!

No other country comes remotely close to the strength Argentina has in terms of being able to apply pressure in the last 20 minutes and through extra time. Just imagine Tevez and Messi running at a team cramping in that heat- massacre. Argentina are by a long way the stand out team of the World Cup so far. The likely Argentina v Brasil final could be one of the great matches of all time but Argentina are the all-round team of the two.

Pity Pekerman chose to bring on Cambiasso, Gonzalez, and lampost Cruz. He played for 1-0 and came unstuck. A boring game, both teams were too hot. The Germans' were out of sync, the Argies played to hold on.

I think the only way germany will win is on pens.

Pleasure got something right.

ARG strength in debt is the best in the tournament. not only will they beat germany, they'll win it outright!

Oh no he didn't.

Sorry lad, just having a laugh.

I don't follow Argentina that closely but the critics have said they have a very talented squad with some good attackers and yet they chose to shut up shop at 1-0 and did not get away with it.

What it did for me was to really impact the importance of the manager's decision making; by not being positive, the manager blew it.

I also wondered about the "mentality" of certain countries and indeed clubs. Would a Brazilian manager have been able to take such a decision? The answer might well be "yes", but maybe you know what I mean.

It also reminded me of Don Revie who built up brilliant squads and almost always blew it in the closing stages of the season.

Their manager made some very odd substitutions but I thought Argentina were slightly unlucky in the sense that they did at least seem to be trying to win the thing in normal time, Germany seemed to have no such desire.

Small wonder after the penalty shootout. It looked as though they had been practising them with stereotypical German efficiency. Each attempt was despatched like a shell from a gun. And Lehmann proved once again adept at stopping penalties.

No-one will fancy themselves against the Germans in a similar situation.

some top class trouble making by the argies after losing thre game...

everyone should look out for the highlights - theres a 'come together' at the end and an arg player flys in from nowhere and hits one of the germans in the back. Heinze from Utd gets really wound up too. Its classic stuff. At least england won't have to play argentina now. Its setting up for a Eng Ger final hopefully

Just watched the game, I enjoyed it, not a classic but quite gripping. Biggest disappointment for me is, when did the Germans become flopmeisters, minimal or no contact thety were all doing the C Ronaldo tumble, what the ef is the game coming to. Should we try it against the Portugese (masters of the flop) I think we should it seems to be working for everyone else.

Its setting up for a Eng Ger final hopefully

You should go on stage mate, I laughed so hard the last five minutes I almost had a coronary. Germany may be there but England. Fine line between madness and patriotism. We are not good enough, individually or as a team.

The thing is, we are good enough.

Scolari has said said it himself today.....all the teams playing the pretty stuff ( Argies,dutch,spanish ) are sat at home....everyone else playing the ugly stuff are still there.

The thing is, we are good enough.

Scolari has said said it himself today.....all the teams playing the pretty stuff ( Argies,dutch,spanish ) are sat at home....everyone else playing the ugly stuff are still there.

Nothing to do with playing ugly or beautiful, just the luck of the draw.

Germany are taking the World cup, just look at Ballack and Lehman during the national anthem. They dont look like saying, "Hey, hope you have a nice vacation in Germany and dont forget to take the Cup" T

:rolleyes:

The cup is staying in Germany. The only better team left is Brazil, but Germany wont lose in 2 consecutive finals to Brazil, because...erm because they are Germany B)

Nothing to do with playing ugly or beautiful, just the luck of the draw.

Germany are taking the World cup, just look at Ballack and Lehman during the national anthem. They dont look like saying, "Hey, hope you have a nice vacation in Germany and dont forget to take the Cup" T

:rolleyes:

The cup is staying in Germany. The only better team left is Brazil, but Germany wont lose in 2 consecutive finals to Brazil, because...erm because they are Germany B)

I would say in raw players every team left in the tournament are better than Germany. But they seem able to get the best out of their side (to the point where the team exeeds the sum of its parts) unlike ourselves.

I still think germany won't win it though.

I think if France beats Brazil, England has a good chance to face Germany in the final. They got a good matchup with Portugal missing 2 players (not luck of the draw, as Portugal were the superior team to the Dutch and deserved to have the 2 reds).

Germany in 2006 WC is a lot like Egypt at the 2006 African Cup of Nations.

1) Host Countries

2) Not many star players except maybe 1 (Ballack/Mido)

3) Nevertheless, very effective as a team even though other teams have better players (Argentina, Brazil/ Cameroon, Ivory Coast)

4) Very good records in World Cup/African Cup

5 A coach who was a star striker for the national team and is extremely passionate about the team (Klinsman Shehata), those who saw Shehata's argument with Mido when the latter was subbed will know what I am talking about)

5) Egypt won and so should Germany :tu:

So after all pundits w@nking over Argentina and their 6-0 win against some Seriban muppets, they go out because of their negative approach.

Although, the Germans were equally negative to be fair, with their one shot (goal)

Happy to see Argentina lose, but gutted to see the Germans go through though. :blink:

I feel the same as you Greg; much better if both those teams had lost! :rolleyes::lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.