BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Franny Jeffers

Completely irrelevant comparison. Nelsen hadn't been to all intents and purposes out of the game for 5 years.

I disagree.

The argument seems to be that Jeffers' hasn't done anything in 5 years (despite scoring for England in an international in 2003). However, Nelsen hadn't done *anything* in the game in his entire career.

Let's give jugears the chance to prove himself before dissing his abilities. We don't know what his mental state is, we don't know what his physical abilities are, we don't know what his motivational levels are. However, it would appear that Hughes does think he's mentally sound, physically capable and suffciiently motivated to do a job.

It is extremely unlikely that Jeffers is the main striker and will more likely the replacement for Dickov than for Bellamy.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree.

The argument seems to be that Jeffers' hasn't done anything in 5 years (despite scoring for England in an international in 2003). However, Nelsen hadn't done *anything* in the game in his entire career.

Let's give jugears the chance to prove himself before dissing his abilities. We don't know what his mental state is, we don't know what his physical abilities are, we don't know what his motivational levels are. However, it would appear that Hughes does think he's mentally sound, physically capable and suffciiently motivated to do a job.

It is extremely unlikely that Jeffers is the main striker and will more likely the replacement for Dickov than for Bellamy.

LETS US ALL PRAY that Hughes other strikers are of a much higher calibre than the lazy useless scouser that is Fanny Jeffers - enough said.

Beggars can't be choosers.

And we've become the begging club of the premiership.

Kuqi, Gallagher, Derbyshire, Jeffers.

Still maybe we'll score more from mid-field...?

With a weak strike force your midfield has to be even stronger than before in order to compensate for the deficiencies.

Signing Jeffers does not match John Williams statement about having more quality in the squad for the coming Prem/European campaign.

What an uninspiring signing. The guy's career has been in freefall for a number of years and Hughes is going to have to use some serious magic to get him planning well, let alone scoring goals regularly. This better not get in the way of two bigger and better strikers joining the club.

I for one trust Hughes on this one. Jeffers may be crap, but Hughes would know better about the situation from all perspectives as to how Jeffers will perform. He wouldn't sign Jeffers if he thought he couldn't be effective to some extent. Either that or Hughsey has been on the crack cocaine. :)

Astonishing the number of people who know better than Mark Hughes, keep faith with the Manager, give the player a chance.

Same old Rovers fans, one long whinge.

correct, and the whinges are becoming even more 'knee jerk.'

it's unbelievable, that a large percentage rovers 'fans' would rather slag off the club, rather than support it.

it's always been that way, but i still i cant get my head around it!

Edited by pleasure

I think the key is this quote from JW on the official site-

"Francis has signed a heavily incentivised contract for the player to perform"

At least they have had the sense to do that this time. I am not very uplifted by this signing, but as always I HOPE the lad finds his form and does well for both us and himself.

Anyway enough of the negative stuff. Welcome to Blackburn Rovers Francis, I really do hope you will justify the faith shown in you by MH and JW. Get in there lad and show us all what you can do!!

P.S. I hope you have not got a clause in your contract letting you go to any Champions League club for peanuts! :lol:

Edited by Fife Rover

Astonishing the number of people who know better than Mark Hughes, keep faith with the Manager, give the player a chance.

I agree. It must be all the reactionary press they read.

It's a completely natural reaction considering how we were forced to sell our big star player. You want to see an uplifting signing after something like that, something that gives you hope and shows a little ambition. Francis Jeffers doesn't do anything like that. An neither does Jason Roberts for that matter.

~

All football fans are like that.

They are all managers that know more than the actual manager of their club.

It's a completely natural reaction considering how we were forced to sell our big star player. You want to see an uplifting signing after something like that, something that gives you hope and shows a little ambition. Francis Jeffers doesn't do anything like that. An neither does Jason Roberts for that matter.

He's here on a free, obviously bigger signings will follow. We're ready to stick the boot in before he's even pulled on the shirt. Hughes has already shown he can get the best out players, even one that Wenger thought was worth £10m a while back.

If he turns out to be @#/?, have a go then, right now - leave him alone.

Well, not the player I wanted for Rovers but I trust Hughes can make him be what he used to be.

Absolutely right there Oklahoma. The lad may not be what we were all hoping for (and that may be still to come) but now he's here and one of us, so let's all trust in the MH effect.

And looking on the bright side; IF it works out and Jeffers becomes the striker he once was, just think of the benefits. Every once top striker in the world will be queuing up to come to Rovers and get their carreers re-vitalised. Just as long as they dont all have the "dreaded clause" in their contracts!! :lol::lol:

Have a guess as to where Franny's from.... look at AS location!!! :lol::lol:

In all seriousness i've not overwhelmed with the signing but i think Hughes can work him on a bit to score a few goals. Would expect more from Jeffers than of 'Shefki the Farmer'. We need to sign a 'fit beast of a targetman' up front and think Jimmy Floyd or Viduka would be a good strike partner to aim for. As a lot of fans have said that there is very little risk here and is completely up to Jeffers to prove his worth, failing that then I would like to see Derbyshire or Gally to be given their chance.

He's here on a free, obviously bigger signings will follow.

I'm not actually sure that it is "obvious" that bigger signings will follow. That's just the problem. We can hope yes but I've not heard anything promising as far as rumours are concerned.

98-99 Everton 6 Goals, 15 Games

99-00 Everton 6 Goals, 21 Games

00-01 Everton 6 Goals, 11 Games

01-02 Arsenal 2 Goals, 6 Games 2 Games (Champions League)

02-03 Arsenal 2 Goals, 16 Games 5 Games (Champions League)

03-04 Everton 0 Goals, 18 Games

04-05 Charlton 3 Goals, 20 Games

05-06 Glasgow Rangers 0 Goals, 4 Games (Champions League)

The sweat has increased x 10 on my brow and it aint the weather either!! :(

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.