BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roberts Signs

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats his Premiership goalscoring record?

Hmm...He is quick but not as fast as Bellers for sure, but he is also strong and reminds me of Andy Cole. I feel he misses far too many before he puts one away.

If its for about 2 million then its a good deal. The closer it gets to 3 million the more risky it is.

Whats his Premiership goalscoring record?

Hmm...He is quick but not as fast as Bellers for sure, but he is also strong and reminds me of Andy Cole. I feel he misses far too many before he puts one away.

If its for about 2 million then its a good deal. The closer it gets to 3 million the more risky it is.

http://home.skysports.com/player.asp?plid=...nel=premiership

34 apps and 8 goals. He is strong and fast but he doesn't have the skill that Bellamy has.

Now let's bring in a big name. Comon Rovers!

Aye, saw both the sites I mentioned bring it up a little after I posted. Would love to know what the fee was before I decide whether it's a good or bad move. Obviously I hope for the former. The rovers site credits him with 14 goals for Wigan. I assume the other 6 were in cups. The season just gone was maybe the best he's had, too...

Good news.

Hopefully our list of striker will look like this come Aug 19:

1) ?

2) ?

3) Roberts

4) Jeffers

Mido would be excellent as our top striker, and we need a pacy striker to complement him. If we can't get another two strikers, it isn't the end of the world if we can only get in one top quality striker (such as Mido). There's always January if all else fails.

I guess thats that in regards of getting new strikers in. Can't see us buying a big name striker now.

Surely not? If it's true that we got Roberts for £2m, what's happened to the other £8/9/10m that we're supposed to have? We need to buy at least one more quality striker, and Mido would be an excellent choice. Even Mido would only cost £4/5m thus theoretically leaving us £5m ish to strengthen other areas.

With Bellamy and Dickov gone, and Kuqi pretty much gone, let's not forget that yesterday we didn't own a recognised Premiership striker. Gallagher and Derbyshire should be fourth and fifth choice, or better still fifth and sixth respectively.

erm noooo :huh:

Currently we have Jeffers, Roberts, Kuqi, Gallagher and Bentley who can all play up front. I'm not so sure we will sign a big name striker. Not beacue we dont want to, we just aint able to bring anyone in. Surely Roberts and Jeffers was close to bottom on hughes' list of "targets", meaning we have tried but failed to get anyone better.

I think the rest of the transfer money will be used to buy players in other positions..

Brilliant Signing. Confident if he can keep his elbows to himself he will get us at least 10goals a season.

Hopefully we got him on the cheap but i doubt it.

2 down at least 1 more needed. Then defence and midfield need attention.

Currently we have Jeffers, Roberts, Kuqi, Gallagher and Bentley who can all play up front. I'm not so sure we will sign a big name striker. Not beacue we dont want to, we just aint able to bring anyone in. Surely Roberts and Jeffers was close to bottom on hughes' list of "targets", meaning we have tried but failed to get anyone better.

I think the rest of the transfer money will be used to buy players in other positions..

the board have always maintained we will buy 2 top players

i think your theory is very wrong

id put a tenner on us buying a new striker

roberts and kuqi upfront, woah well scared

Surely Roberts and Jeffers was close to bottom on hughes' list of "targets", meaning we have tried but failed to get anyone better.
Or maybe the other targets are still ongoing? Edited by ffberryb77

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.