BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roberts Signs

the board have always maintained we will buy 2 top players

i think your theory is very wrong

id put a tenner on us buying a new striker

roberts and kuqi upfront, woah well scared

We can all hope that we will sign two "top players", but this aint easy for a club like Blackburn. I just can not see Roberts or Jeffers being players Hughes would have near the top of his list. Surely other deals have gone out the window...

I would rather we signed Pongoll than Roberts to be honest.

Or maybe the other targets are still ongoing?

You don't buy a 28-year old PL striker for £2m to use him on the bench. Surely the player himself wont accept that. I think Roberts will play regular football for us this season.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you mind visiting the Doctors and acquiring some anti depressants?

Miserable bugger.

Am I a "Miserable bugger" just because I rate Pongoll over Roberts? :blink:

Edited by krislu

Very happy with the signing of Roberts. His goal scoring record doesn't tell the full story of how influential he was at Wigan last season, often playing up front alone with little support from the midfield.

Hopefully more signings to come over the next few days.

where does today's transfer dealings leave gally, derbyshire and kuqi? assuming jeffers is dickov's replacement, then roberts surely is going to play as one of the two starting strikers. so now we'll have to wait and see if hughes pulls another striker, hopefully of a better calibre, out of his hat. quite frankly, a 5 striker force comprising the above spells coca-cola. however, if kuqi is going to be traded, then roberts would be his replacement, leaving one of gally and derbyshire to fill in when required, and meaning we'll probably have another striker in. but i fear that the signing of roberts signifies that our original 'big-man' target, ie: mido, has already rejected us and that's all we're going to get.

Currently we have Jeffers, Roberts, Kuqi, Gallagher and Bentley who can all play up front. I'm not so sure we will sign a big name striker. Not beacue we dont want to, we just aint able to bring anyone in. Surely Roberts and Jeffers was close to bottom on hughes' list of "targets", meaning we have tried but failed to get anyone better.

I think the rest of the transfer money will be used to buy players in other positions..

hope we buy a big name as Roberts and Jeffers aren't top quality replacements but good enougth to replace dickov and pongo but not bellamy ! :rover:

hope Mido comes and then we still have money available for other areas of the team .

Im very excited at the prospect of the signings weve made today as a matter of fact.

Id like to see at least one additional striker, which I have NO DOUBT we will sign.

Im sure I made a similar observation when we were first linked with these two signings a week or so ago.

But that would have been before all the wrist slitting!!

You don't buy a 28-year old PL striker for £2m to use him on the bench. Surely the player himself wont accept that. I think Roberts will play regular football for us this season.

Yes, but he needs someone next to him doesn't he? And I'm sure you will agree jeffers will be on the bench until he proves himself. Hence, a further striker is both likely and viable, though I concede not necessarily imminent.

but i fear that the signing of roberts signifies that our original 'big-man' target, ie: mido, has already rejected us and that's all we're going to get.

My god fella I hope your wrong,I really do!!

Good luck to Roberts but surely like Jeffers only a squad player?

I am loving the Roberts signing - well done sparky

No idea about Jeffers though - shame for Gally as I prefer him to Jeffers and now he wont get the chance

No thanks to the pongolle talk

If we get mido then I will be a happy chap

World cups over - cant wait from the prem to start :brfc:

I would rather we signed Pongoll than Roberts to be honest.

Problem is that pongolle never shoots, he runs into good positions then stops and does nothing. Roberts is a bit rough but has plenty of shots and scores goals.

What we lose in Bellamy's pace I think RRoberts could make up for a bit in pace, but his muscle and height have got to be a plus when our only other option is Kuqi. I have great mental images of MGP crosses actually getting us somewhere this season. Now, just get a real speedster to play alongside him and I think our frontline will be in as equally healthy state as last term, only less reliant on one man.

http://home.skysports.com/player.asp?plid=...nel=premiership

34 apps and 8 goals. He is strong and fast but he doesn't have the skill that Bellamy has.

Now let's bring in a big name. Comon Rovers!

jesus h christ!!!!!!

WE WERE LUCKY TO GET A PLAYER OF BELLS STATURE HE USED US TO GET A BIG MOVE AND WE USED HIM TO GET GOALS)

WHO CAN WE GET OF BELLERS STANDING FOR A REASONABLE PRICE ?NO CHUFFING ONE FFS WE WOULD HAVE TO PAY 9-20 MILLION FFS AND WE CANT ...CHRIST IM WELL SICK OF ALL THIS NEGATIVE CRAP.

where does today's transfer dealings leave gally, derbyshire and kuqi? assuming jeffers is dickov's replacement, then roberts surely is going to play as one of the two starting strikers. so now we'll have to wait and see if hughes pulls another striker, hopefully of a better calibre, out of his hat. quite frankly, a 5 striker force comprising the above spells coca-cola. however, if kuqi is going to be traded, then roberts would be his replacement, leaving one of gally and derbyshire to fill in when required, and meaning we'll probably have another striker in. but i fear that the signing of roberts signifies that our original 'big-man' target, ie: mido, has already rejected us and that's all we're going to get.

HOPEFULLY WITH A LOT OF POINTS TO PROVE AND A LOT OF VENOM AND DETERMINATION TO MAKE IT WORK...TO QUOTE ROCKY" EYE OF THE TIGER!"

Actually, dont you think a big strong header of the ball like Mido would be better?

Or do you think someone with pace like Baros would complement him better?

I was thinking of Roberts as perhaps a player to attract attention the box, be a nuisance, and allow the midfield to get goals as well as contribute some of his own. Also, having someone like him who can hold up, pass and run is why I think a fast player would be better with him - give us multiple counter-attacking outlets. If we had Mido (and I certainly wouldnt say no, dont get me wrong), it could be effective, if a little predictable on the break. SO yes, I'd prefer a Baros-esque player, just not Baros himself.

Edited by Parasyte

He's a powerful striker who will not be shaken off the ball. Decent in the air and good finisher. Was brilliant last season for Wigan, just need someone pacey to play alongside him.

Brilliant signing Sparky!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.