BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roberts Signs

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no offence intended, but I would be enthusiastic playing for rovers but I am to football what king herod was to baby sitting

none taken.

of course rovers fans would be enthusiastic to play for rovers, me included, but i was meaning roberts and jeffers see us as an ambitious club going places.

"You look at what they achieved last year to finish just outside the top five. What more can Blackburn do?

"But that is the exciting thing about it. Maybe there is lots more for us to achieve.

Huh? Either he thinks we are a small club that has reached the peak of its potential, or he thinks we can acheive more?!?

Still, all very postive comments from our number one striker...

Think he is trying to build up the achievement while also saying we could do even better.

However...if he remains our "number one striker" then we won't...he's a decent signing but to be challenging regularly for European places you really need something more than just a big bruiser up front. Bellamy still hasn't been replaced, Roberts seems more like a replacement for Dickov. Albeit with quite a few extra inches...at least we won't have the smallest attack in the division anymore next season.

I think Roberts will surprise a few people. If you look at his career he has got better as he has got older.

A lot of Prem clubs were in for him and according to press reports he was O'Leary's number one summer target for Villa but they can't seem to get any funds together at the moment.

I'm not sure I would have bet on Bellamy being leading scorer in the Premiership last season- but he turned out to be a great signing for us. What really pleased me about Bellamy was how much he was a team player and how well he worked with the other players. I hope Roberts can contribute in a similar way.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought he looked promising today- better than I could remember him playing at Wigan and in a physical opening to the "friendly", it was good to see a Champs League defence not really fancying taking him on.

Much better control than Shefki- set up MGP's lovely strike nicely.

If JR scores more than 7 Prem goals in 33 appearances (including subs), he'll be an improvement on the Kuqimonster.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.