BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Away Shirt On Sale On Saturday

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the black and red 1994-95 kit was pure quality!

why dont they ever do us a red and black halved away kit?!?

It would look like a traditional rovers kit then :brfc:

the new away kit is yet another one i am not going to buy because personally it looks crap.

why dont they ever do us a red and black halved away kit?!?

Prior to the Spurs Worthington Cup Final consideration was given to bringing out a special kit to mark the occasion and one of the options shown to the Fans Forum was a red and black halved shirt which i thought looked superb, and from memory it went down very well with the rest of the forum as well.

However on balance the consensus of opinion was that we should play the final in our traditional blue and white halves. From memory I think it was said GS wasn't keen on the alternative halved shirt either - he thought a solid colour would be better from the players point of view.

For some reason the red and black halves have never been brought up as an alternative since. Personally I love the "halves" idea as being unique to Blackburn Rovers and I'd be quite happy to see red and black halves as a permanent away strip but tweaked slightly in the same way the blue and white halves are.

:rover::tu:

I will reserve judgement until the real thing is seen. That red just slightly the wrong pan tone will look like vomited cherryade all over the shirt, shorts and socks with just a streak under the arms which was missed in the deluge.

However, assuming the red is not so sickly, it is a massive improvement over last year's effort which was:

- non-functional. It made the Fulham game impossible to watch when Rovers players had their backs towards us and was rightly ruled out of the White Hart Lane game

- and disgustingly ugly.

I'm all for going red and black halves every season.

I will reserve judgement until the real thing is seen. That red just slightly the wrong pan tone will look like vomited cherryade all over the shirt, shorts and socks with just a streak under the arms which was missed in the deluge.

However, assuming the red is not so sickly, it is a massive improvement over last year's effort which was:

- non-functional. It made the Fulham game impossible to watch when Rovers players had their backs towards us and was rightly ruled out of the White Hart Lane game

- and disgustingly ugly.

I'm all for going red and black halves every season.

red and black halves would be the muts ;)

Here you go people.

For 2007-08

IPB Image

That looks pretty good.

My favourite away kit was the red and black stripes of equal width. Classic IMO.

I thought the yellow strip was awful. Sorry! We were always gargabe when we played in it too. I now have a superstition that crap away kits get you relegated...or was that the crap orange one. Crap nonetheless.

FWIW I think the home kit and away kit should mirror each other. The badge should always be over the heart. Don't confuse the poor players when it comes to badge kissing. Remember Gally kissing the sponsors logo (Kappa?)

Having mentioned my fiance earlier I'd point out that she finds it most amusing that blokes who generally pay little or no attention to clothes or fashion instantly get interested when it's a footy kit. Strange but true!

(PS do they still call them "fiance"s these days?)

With a due sense of trepidation and dread...what should I call her?

I thought the yellow strip was awful. Sorry! We were always gargabe when we played in it too. I now have a superstition that crap away kits get you relegated...or was that the crap orange one. Crap nonetheless.

I remember when the asics contract ran out. They paraded the new uhlsport kit round the pitch at half time when we beat the barcodes to get into Europe with a late Chris Sutton strike and I said to my mate that that kit 'had first division written all over it'. Twelve months later.......

Couldnt we start some sort of petition type thing to get backing to show that fans would like the two-halved style kit for the away too and that it is kep mainly the same but tweaked over the years like the home kit?

I have to disagree with that. Back when we had McEwans Lager sponsoring us, our kits kicked ass - especially the black with red pin stripes...

Totally agree. Loved that shirt, shame I cant fit into anymore. ( f4t b45t4rd )

I remember when the asics contract ran out. They paraded the new uhlsport kit round the pitch at half time when we beat the barcodes to get into Europe with a late Chris Sutton strike and I said to my mate that that kit 'had first division written all over it'. Twelve months later.......

spot on. your thoughts made my spine chill

You've got the colours the wrong way round :o

Uh Aggy; I'm not sure what you're talking about.

But if my guess is correct, here's my answer:

Blue is darker than white.

Black is darker than red.

Consequently the colours are on the appropriate sides.

:brfc:

The goalkeepers away strip is awful, poor Brad, he's gonna look a right puff with the orange sleeves and pruple/blue middle panel.

The away shirt looks even better in that picture, i always buy all our kits even if they look crap like last years away shirt but i do it to put money into the clubs coffers.

I can't wait to get my shirt now but i want Pedersen 12 on the back but if he changes number i'll look a prat so i'll guess i'll wait to the squad numbers are confirmed. Won't Lee know when the numbers will be confirmed? Our i guess i could wait to see if Sparky pulls off a big name signing and then get his name on the back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.