SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup Final, Zidane thinks its Over

philipl

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have large Italian community here and they'll be carrying on for weeks now. :(

I feel sorry for you mate, but not as much as the Melbournians

I had a business trip to Melbourne mid next month, I might try and postpone for another four years

Adieu Zizou.

It would have been truly awful if the cheating french (dive vs portugal although I'm not complaining and clear dive in the final) won the cup.

Alan Shearer is one of these truly naive "life is full of roses" sort of person when he said he thought it was clearly a penalty. :huh: You blind al?

Adieu Zizou.

It would have been truly awful if the cheating french (dive vs portugal although I'm not complaining and clear dive in the final) won the cup.

Alan Shearer is one of these truly naive "life is full of roses" sort of person when he said he thought it was clearly a penalty. :huh: You blind al?

Have to say - it looked a penalty to me too. The defender tried to pull his leg out of the way, but (imo) definately caught the back of the attackers leg, knocking it onto his other leg which made it appear like a dive.

Edited by DaveyB

I have to say the second half incident was a nailed on penalty but the first half one looked like a spot of Dioufs.

No Philipl.

It wasn't a dive, if you get chance to see it again, you'll see his ankle being tapped. He couldn't avoid going down.

No Philipl.

It wasn't a dive, if you get chance to see it again, you'll see his ankle being tapped. He couldn't avoid going down.

Exactly, when you see the angle from behind both players, it's as clearer a penalty as you're likely to see.

Materazzi tried to avoid making contact but he did kick Malouda's right leg, which sent it on to his left. There's absolutely no way he could avoid going down.

Not a penalty in my mind. Touched his leg or not, the French fella made a meal of it. The one that was waved off in the second half was more of a penalty.

I thought the frogs deserved it, they were by far the better team.

Come on Den ; are you seriously suggesting that he literally couldn't avoid going down ? If that level of contact deserved a penalty then it's truly become a non contact sport .

I might start taking a greater interest in bowling .. :blink:

Come on Den ; are you seriously suggesting that he literally couldn't avoid going down ?

I can only assume you've never actually played a game of football.

I'm as cynical as anyone about divers, but there is no way that Malouda could stay on his feet, it was physically impossible. He was bringing his right leg forward but Materazzi knocked it on to his left, if you've ever tried running when that happens you'll know it's impossible not to fall over.

I'm as cynical as anyone about divers, but there is no way that Malouda could stay on his feet, it was physically impossible. He was bringing his right leg forward but Materazzi knocked it on to his left, if you've ever tried running when that happens you'll know it's impossible not to fall over.

You're right Le Chuck.

When one leg is knocked behind the other, there's no way of staying upright.

You must have had your ankles tapped at some time BP.

Not a penalty in my mind. Touched his leg or not, the French fella made a meal of it. The one that was waved off in the second half was more of a penalty.

I thought the frogs deserved it, they were by far the better team.

I would have agreed with you until Zidane's sending off. There was no way he deserved to touch the trophy after something that disgusting.

Of course I have , smart ar$e .

Having watched the incident many times it seems clear to me that he had the slightest nudge from the defender , nothing that would have brought him to the ground . The cheat exacerbated this slightest of touches and , in effect , brought himself down .

I can definitely say that I have "suffered" far greater taps on the ankle and somehow remained on my feet . But then again I'm not a diver . Having said that I've never played for money ...... :unsure:

I think Malouda dived for the pen, but did not get a stonewall one in the second half. Even Stevens.

Latest reports say that Materazzi called Zidane a "dirty terrorist" just before the bizarre chest butt. He's come out and denied it obviously. I wouldn't put it past him. Can we get some lip readers to refute this claim?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.