BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

Saw The Raconteurs at the Apollo tonight in Manc. Top band - Jack White is an axe legend!

Saw them in Denmark this summer, fantastic concert. Not only Jack White's redefining of 'entertainment', but also the extremely solid backup band. I also liked that Brendan whatshisname's vocals - did they cover David Bowie by any chance?

A bit off-topic, but has anyone tried "Guitar Hero"? Now, my guitar playing is limited to a C, a G and a D, which makes this game even more entertaining - kinda' makes you feel like a guitar hero. (erm)

Anyway, good fun before a night out, the day after or any other day of the week.

Edited by herbergeehh

Saw them in Denmark this summer, fantastic concert. Not only Jack White's redefining of 'entertainment', but also the extremely solid backup band. I also liked that Brendan whatshisname's vocals - did they cover David Bowie by any chance?

Didn't recognise any Bowie covers but they did do a cracking version of Bang, Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down).

Ah yes, forgotten about that one, the original is also on the Kill Bill soundtrack I believe. Nothing beats surprising cover songs. (E.g. Fran Healy singing Britney Spears)

EDIT: The song I was referring to is called "It ain't easy", originally published by Ron Davies, but known for being a Bowie-song. (actually, Jack White said "This is a Bowie-song", at Roskilde..)

Edited by herbergeehh

YES!! Got tickets to Idlewild in Portsmouth! Bit of a trek but the only one of three venues that hadn't sold out. Absolutely ecstatic.

I've been to a fair few gigs and to a few bands that I really like. I've even been to see Morrissey twice, which was amazing. Yet I've never been more excited about a gig before. I actually feel privilaged.

Went to see Embrace at the Apollo last Friday night (13th) First gig in ages. Thought Embrace were ok but nothing special. They played well, but the singer (in my opinion) is poor. His voice just doesn`t come across well & they played what seemed like a couple of keys lower than on their albums. Maybe this is to help save his voice when on tour....but i still don`t like it. I think U2 have adopted the same policy of playing in a lower key. :(

On a brighter note, the support band was Delays who sounded fresh (if not a tad girlie) but had great 4 part harmony vocals. They impressed me more than the headline act.

I too am awaiting the 10th Nov with baited breath! :tu:

...plus also, Snow Patrol are doing an extra Christmas show at the GMex....Mankyster. Tickets go on sale Friday morning. I`m setting my alarm for that one ;)

Great vid.....

Great song

It is a great song....but a new video to an old song? (or have I just not seen it before) "The Masterplan" was the B side to either "Some might Say" or Roll with It ( Can't quite remember) in 1995

...confused

It is a great song....but a new video to an old song? (or have I just not seen it before) "The Masterplan" was the B side to either "Some might Say" or Roll with It ( Can't quite remember) in 1995

...confused

Ok, the new vid to an old song is because of the new Stop the Clocks album that is coming out which has some old songs on it (please note this isnt the greatest hits yet)

The Masterplan will not be a single however, they will release Acquiesce as an EP (this will not be eligible for the charts as there will be more than three tracks on it.

So there we are B)

Went to see The Stranglers in Preston on Saturday, They were superb, far better as a four. The new album Suite 16 is far better than i thought it would be. Highly recommended..........if your like me having a mid life crisis! :lol:

Now that takes me back to my youth. They were my favourite band for a long time. But I just can't get into the new stuff.

For me it will always be Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield.

Top band

And so you should be, they're an amazing live band. Please tell me what you think when you've been to see them, I don't know many people who have done.

I saw them in Manchester the other year, they were superb! I only knew the material from 'Good News...', but the other stuff sounded ok too! Songs like 'Float On and 'The World At Large' were brilliant live, but they didn't play 'Bury Me With It' - that'd have made my night !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.