BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

I bring important news.

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE ARE REFORMING.

Thank Christ, Audioslave were tedious to the extreme. Who thought Soundgarden vs RATM could have turned out to be so middle-of-the-road?

Zack is alive? He hasn't exploded with all that rage? Saw them at Reading 2000, and they were great.

I liked the 1st Audioslave album, but the singles after that seemed a bit Jimmy Eat World.

I bring important news.

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE ARE REFORMING.

Thank Christ, Audioslave were tedious to the extreme. Who thought Soundgarden vs RATM could have turned out to be so middle-of-the-road?

Incredible. In the current political climate, I can't imagine their new stuff will be restrained.

Zack's been promising a solo album since the break-up, but its become his "Chinese Democracy."

I'd go see a Rage reunion tour, but probably couldn't be bothered with a new album. Their self-titled is brilliant, but Evil Empire is pretty crappy. I didn't ever get round to the third album.

RATM reformation will get all the likes of zane low and them so called "cool" radio 1 dj likes that colin bloke jumping on the bandwagon and hyping it up beyond belief, they will do a tour get a bit of money then disappear again

Zane Lowe is a tit and Colin Murray an illiterate Belfast wideboy. Neither are barometers of how good this news is.

Zack's been promising a solo album since the break-up, but its become his "Chinese Democracy."

I'd go see a Rage reunion tour, but probably couldn't be bothered with a new album. Their self-titled is brilliant, but Evil Empire is pretty crappy. I didn't ever get round to the third album.

Have to disagree with you there; Evil Empire is a superb effort. Ok it doesn't measure up to the eponymous debut but there are some stomping 'choons' on there. The third album (Battle of Los Angeles) is pretty much the same as all the rest-angry, biting, left wing polemic. If you're into that sort of thing then it's right up your street. The fourth album, Renegades was just a bunch of covers of varying degrees of quality. The standout is a live track of How I Could Just Kill A Man featuring said song's originators Cypress Hill.

De La Rocha was supposed to be releasing a solo album as you say. The last I heard he was playing a lot of ping-pong with DJ Shadow.

Edited by Rovermatt

This is the best news ever... RATM reforming. Rock music just hasnt had the passion since they departed. I think the music would be more than relevant in this day and age aswell, a band we just need back on the scene. And lets face it Zacks stuff with DJ Shadow and plus Audioslave hasnt lived up to anything also.

Edited by starscascade

Evil Empire was dire. I still can't bring myself to listen to it. The other two proper albums however, are fantastic.

Zach did a single with drum'n'bass master Roni Size. If I remember rightly, it was pretty good. Nothing surfaced after that though.

I was looking on the net for a track there was played on last weeks showboat on Soccer AM , I found it although I dont no much about them , they are called Gym Class Heroes and are an american hip hop band, the track is called Cupid's Chokehold and it samples Supertramps Breakfast in America.

And this is the original from Supertramp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1x_jzzjscc

One for AS here, after beginning the process of finding all my old vinyl stashes in several obscure places around my mansion, I came across a ten inch single by I, Ludicrous. It features the songs Preposterous Tales as the main A side, with Three English Football Grounds and They've Stolen Spocks Brain on the B side.

Orginally released on a flexi disc (kids go and ask you dad) and featured at number 11 in John Peels Festive Fifty of 1987, which can be seen here with samples available.

Other notable charters that I remember well from that year apart from the obvious Smiths, Fall, New Order and Wedding Presents efforts include the remarkable Colorblind James Experience number I am Considering... which notched at number 47.

That is one quality Festive 50.

Sounds like they share the same view on music piracy too :)

Looks like Pearl Jam will tour again this summer (Wembley, London for you lot) and plenty of nice places like Katovice, Lisbon, Madrid and Copenhagen. Unfortunately, they play in Copenhagen a week before Roskilde festival, and the boat over there has already been booked. If not, it would've been the perfect warmup..

Anyway, I'm thinking a trip to Lisbon in June would be nice, if I have sufficient funds at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I got tickets to 'An Acoustic Evening with Dave Matthews' on 1st of March in Apollo, Manchester. Really looking forward to this gig, he's brilliant on guitar. Might have a spare ticket, if anyone is interested, since one of my mates in Norway couldn't get off work.

Kings of Leon are the band I like the most right now, and are playing at the Apollo in April. Sadly, I could not get a ticket as it sold out VERY quickly, if anyone knows of a spare or two I would appreciate a quick tip off.

I'm a big fan of kings of leon, saw them at big day out last year. Were very good live.

Big fan of the new Bloc party album, not as catchy songs as silent alarms but very good songs

Cocker, I'm still on Pandora. Listening to all the Jazz they can supply.

Can't say anything else, but , thanks mate..

if you're ever in this neck of the woods, give me a call, I'll buy you an ale or three......

Pandora is a quality programme which I too use while playing pro evo (no chance of being in your neck of the woods any time soon though - baby on the way this year and getting wed next year)

The same to you though if you are ever in my neck of the woods

Next time, Cocker, I'll make it to the IOM, never been there.

Best of luck with the new one. They are great when they are tiny, even better when they can move around, fantastic when they can interact, absolutely crap in their teenage years and fabulous when they come out of them.

Enjoy the future

Anyone in East Lancs who likes a bit of Hendrix simply must try to catch "Are You Experienced?" at the Ossy civic theatre on Friday 23rd Feb. They are a Brum-based tribute act & are the nearest to the real thing you`re ever likely to get. I`ve seen them probably 8 times now in pubs & clubs & they have just signed a deal to play theatres around the country. A truly awesome group to watch! :tu:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.