BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

went to a couple of gigs lately..

Friday before last I saw The Arcade Fire at Porchester Hall in London. Unquestionably the best band in the world at the moment, tickets for this set of shows were going for £250 a pair on ebay. I picked them up for face value and got on the megabus down to London for the gig. I'd seen them before at the Leadmill in 2005 when no one had really heard about them, and it was in my top 2 gigs I'd ever been to. This time round they played mostly stuff off their new album Neon Bible but it all sounded really good. They also played Rebellion (Lies), Haiti and Power Out off the first album during the gig itself, then at the end of the gig came out into the crowd and played an acoustic version of Wake Up. Amazing band, amazing gig and I felt very lucky to see them so close up in a venue like that, yet still not quite as good as the first time I saw them. 9/10

Last Wednesday I went to see the NME Indie Rave Tour at Leeds Metropolitan University. Bottom of the bill were the New Young Pony Club. Sounded okay but nothing special, extra point as they had three hot women in their band. 6/10. Next up were The Sunshine Underground, a Leeds band with, appropriately, a large underground following. It was from this point on that the crowd started going pretty insane, and this carried on till the end of the gig, meaning that the whole gig was pretty tiring, although I'd sooner have a lively crowd than a boring one. They put on a good show, the lead singer's vocals can grate at times but Commercial Breakdown and Borders sounded pretty superb. 7/10. Second on the bill were Cansei de Ser Sexy (or CSS as they are commonly known) hailing from Sao Paulo. I'd seen them once before and it was a brilliant gig which was more like a party. This time round they were again very good and their lead singer Lovefoxxx is pretty much my ideal woman. 'Lets Make Love and Listen to Death from Above' and 'Off the Hook' were probably the highlights. 8.5/10. Headlining were The Klaxons. A bit overrated on record with a few killer songs, they were more impressive live. Atlantis to Interzone provided maybe the highlight of the night, and their cover of 'It's Not Over Yet' took us back to 1992. 8/10

went to a couple of gigs lately..

Friday before last I saw The Arcade Fire at Porchester Hall in London. Unquestionably the best band in the world at the moment

ARE YOU SURE? :o

WENT TO SEE THE VIEW LAST WEEK AT MANCHESTER ACCADEMY AND AGAIN THEY WERE FANATASTIC, BUT MUST SAY THE AUTOMATIC WERE VERY POOR INDEED.

DEBS GOING TO WATCH JARVIS AT THE SAME VENUE MONDAY 19TH FEB, WAS DISCO 2000 REALLY WRITTEN BY JARVIS ABOUT DEBS.......YOU DECIDE.......

I'm just lobbing some CDs onto my Mp3: at the mo, the computer is doing Push The Button by the Chemical Brothers. Got Queen's Greatest Hits II, Faith No More-Angel Dust, Ride the Lightening by Metallica and a few more to do. King Prawn are on my machine now, so I can feel likeI' an 18 year old in Esquires again.

ARE YOU SURE? :o

WENT TO SEE THE VIEW LAST WEEK AT MANCHESTER ACCADEMY AND AGAIN THEY WERE FANATASTIC, BUT MUST SAY THE AUTOMATIC WERE VERY POOR INDEED.

DEBS GOING TO WATCH JARVIS AT THE SAME VENUE MONDAY 19TH FEB, WAS DISCO 2000 REALLY WRITTEN BY JARVIS ABOUT DEBS.......YOU DECIDE.......

the view aren't even in the same world as the arcade fire. i saw them support primal scream back in november and have heard their stuff. theyre pretty tight live and theyre not bad...but theyre not doing anything the libs didnt do better really.

I've just bought a ticket for the Roger Waters show in Manchester, in May. I can't believe I've payed £50 for the pleasure, but from what I've read it's an astonishing show. If you're a Floydie it's going to be one not to miss - Dark Side Of The Moon in full, plus his own stuff. I was totally dumbfounded by Pink Floyd at Maine Road in '88, I just need this to complete the set!

I'm also looking forward to yet another encounter the genius that is Roy Harper, in Darwen, of all places, the night after.

Maybe he'll stop making records for a while.

We can only hope - then again, he has got a single coming out so probably just publicity - My mate Elton had to check me into rehab and I have so much money and it makes me sad and I dont like being infront of the cameras anymore but I will bring this single out any way - BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Edited by Cocker

I've just bought a ticket for the Roger Waters show in Manchester, in May. I can't believe I've payed £50 for the pleasure, but from what I've read it's an astonishing show. If you're a Floydie it's going to be one not to miss - Dark Side Of The Moon in full, plus his own stuff. I was totally dumbfounded by Pink Floyd at Maine Road in '88, I just need this to complete the set!

I'm also looking forward to yet another encounter the genius that is Roy Harper, in Darwen, of all places, the night after.

I can vouch for that, even without Gilmour. Fantastic show, enjoy!

We can only hope - then again, he has got a single coming out so probably just publicity - My mate Elton had to check me into rehab and I have so much money and it makes me sad and I dont like being infront of the cameras anymore but I will bring this single out any way - BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

If he is genuinely ill with mental problems then that's a bit harsh C.

CSS really are superb , their self titled debut was probably my favourite record of 2006, I really would recomend them to anyone unfamiliar.

January really was crammed full with good releases, from the good the bad and the Queen, Jamie T, Klaxons, The Hold Steady and the view who are a great band now but I really can't see a future for them past say their second album.

Also after meaning to buy it for months, I recently- finally- purchased Return to cookie mountain by TV on the radio, it is a superb album I think anyone who is a fan of the Arcade Fire would like this especially.

Well, if he does have a real problem then yes my remarks were a bit ignorant however, I just dont buy it from him - attention seeking is what I think it is.

Robbie’s problem is two pronged, Firstly he extremely inadequate because of his extremely limited musical talent which when an album or single flops sees it as a rejection from his fans. Secondly he has problems with his sexual orientation …….. I will say no more

Really? I thought Robbie Williams's alternative lifestyle was widely acknowledged.

its no secret that there are certain rumours about his sexual preferences, but from what ive heard of him mainly due to living close to his hometown, and people that have meet him he, cuts a very confused figure and with the cockatail of fame,money and inadequacy ontop he has always been a canditate for mental and substance abuse problems

Heads Roll ?

Wasn't blown away by it, like Aspen and Aspen reprise, favourite though is Blindness. I'll wager you like the Harold Shipman track ..... :rolleyes:

There's a new one AS, came out this month. I'm as surprised as I imagine you are, I felt I was still getting to know Fall Heads Roll so I wasn't expecting one now. For what it's worth, I think Blindness is easily the best track from that album (also sounds amazing live), What About Us? is probably next for me.

Ah ! Restoration post tlc, that one got under the wire, must be working too hard.

It's a shame thay don't release more albums though innit ?

* 2G + 2

* 458489 A Sides

* 458489 B Sides (2CD)

* 50,000 Fans Can't Be Wrong (2CD)

* A Part Of America Therein

* Are You Are Missing Winner

* Bend Sinister

* Cerebral Caustic (2CD)

* Dragnet

* Fall Heads Roll

* Grotesque: After The Gramme

* Hex Enduction Hour (2 CDs)

* High Tension Line (Double CD)

* In A Hole (2CD)

* Interim

* It's The New Thing: The Step Forward Years

* Live At The ATP Festival

* Live At The Garage: London, 20 April 2002

* Live At The Knitting Factory

* Live At The Phoenix Festival 1995-1996

* Live At The Witch Trials (2CD)

* Live From The Vaults: Glasgow 1981

* Live From The Vaults: Hoff Alter Bahnoff 1981 (2CD)

* Live From The Vaults: Los Angeles 1979

* Live From The Vaults: Oldham 1978

* Live From The Vaults: Retford 1979

* Live In London: The Chaos Tapes

* Middle Class Revolt (2CD)

* Perverted By Language

* Punkcast 2004: Live At The Knitting Factory, New York 9 April 2004

* Rebellious Jukebox (2CD + DVD)

* Rebellious Jukebox (2CD) (With Bonus DVD)

* Room To Live

* Rude (All The Time) [Remastered) (Limited Edition]

* Slates

* The Complete Peel Sessions (6CD)

* The Infotainment Scan (2CD)

* The Permanent Years

* The Real New Fall LP (Formerly Country On The Click)

* The Twenty Seven Points (2CD)

* This Nation's Saving Grace

* Time Enough At Last

* Totale's Turns: It's Now Or Never

* Touch Sensitive: Bootleg Box Set

* War Against Intelligence

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.