BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

anyone been to tidy weekend before?

an old friend of mine got signed up by tidy last year, the colonel, aint spoke to him in a while though! never done a tidy weekender as i dont like hard house, or ###### hardcore!! one of my mates goes to every single one though, he lives for them lol

just techno, house and electronica for me!

im doing gatecrasher summer sound system, ibiza, and creamfields this year! cant wait for creamfields, annie mac, sven vath and sander kleinenberg are definite must sees!!

just on a slightly unrelated topic, has anybody heard chemical brothers new track, do it again? what a tune!!

Edited by lockers

Up until around Christmas, I had never been a big dance music fan. I used to think that only chavs listened to it, as they drove around in their souped up Corsa's, swearing at people. However, in a couple of months I've completely changed my opinion on it and now I really love it. I have a pretty small collection of dance/trance music tracks on my iPod, around 100 tunes. However, much of that is dedicated to DJ Tiesto and Armin Van Buuren, who I think are both incredible. Just Be, Adgio For Strings and As The Rush Comes are my favourite Tiesto tracks. Van Buuren's Sail and Communication are also excellent. I've also got some Robert Miles, Paul Oakenfold and Paul Van Dyk-Crush is an incredible tune. Any other suggestions for tracks or artists to download?

I've been living in America for the past year and one type of music that I've really gotten into is reggaeton. One of my friends is from Bolivia and this is all he listens to and he has got me hooked. The best way to describe it would be as latino rap music, but that wouldn't really be doing it justice. This type of music is huge in the U.S and not just amongst the hispanic community. Artists like Daddy Yankee, Don Omar and Rakim y Ken Y are huge names. The spanish lyrics flow beautifully and the music is great. I would really suggest listening to it.

Roy if you like van buuren and tiesto thats pretty much the cream of trance! check out artists like ferry corsten, scott project and *some* of eddie halliwells stuff (most of his stuff borders between hard trance and hard house though! im not really into new trance although some hard-trance is alright! bit quick for my liking, i prefer it slower with a really filthy bassline!! the type of dance music to avoid at all costs is commercial dance (the stuff you hear blasting out of chavs souped up corsas). This is the kind of music some djs make just to make money, they are sell out @#/?s!

the version of 'as the rush comes' that you have must be a tiesto remix as the original artist is 'motorcycle'. if you like it check out satellite by oceanlab!!

Up until around Christmas, I had never been a big dance music fan. I used to think that only chavs listened to it, as they drove around in their souped up Corsa's, swearing at people. However, in a couple of months I've completely changed my opinion on it and now I really love it. I have a pretty small collection of dance/trance music tracks on my iPod, around 100 tunes. However, much of that is dedicated to DJ Tiesto and Armin Van Buuren, who I think are both incredible. Just Be, Adgio For Strings and As The Rush Comes are my favourite Tiesto tracks. Van Buuren's Sail and Communication are also excellent. I've also got some Robert Miles, Paul Oakenfold and Paul Van Dyk-Crush is an incredible tune. Any other suggestions for tracks or artists to download?

I've been living in America for the past year and one type of music that I've really gotten into is reggaeton. One of my friends is from Bolivia and this is all he listens to and he has got me hooked. The best way to describe it would be as latino rap music, but that wouldn't really be doing it justice. This type of music is huge in the U.S and not just amongst the hispanic community. Artists like Daddy Yankee, Don Omar and Rakim y Ken Y are huge names. The spanish lyrics flow beautifully and the music is great. I would really suggest listening to it.

dj styles, hixxy, scott brown, breeze, lisa pin up, lisa lashes, tidy boys, organ donors, cally & juice, dougal, gammer....to name a few.

mc's whizzkid and storm are useful additions too.

presty - mc's ruin music :P

bazza - love sven vath!! would call his stuff more minimal techno than tech trance though, used to listen to sound of the sixth season over and over on my ipod!! now ive moved onto sound of the seventh season! cant wait to see him at creamfields. i prefer proper techno though; you should get over to leeds some time for the dirty disco! dave clarke is playing on bank holiday sunday 6th may cant wait!!

presty - mc's ruin music :P

bazza - love sven vath!! would call his stuff more minimal techno than tech trance though, used to listen to sound of the sixth season over and over on my ipod!! now ive moved onto sound of the seventh season! cant wait to see him at creamfields. i prefer proper techno though; you should get over to leeds some time for the dirty disco! dave clarke is playing on bank holiday sunday 6th may cant wait!!

What you classing as proper tech ? id say Chris Liebing , Tom Wax , Si Begg , Thomas Schumacher, Adam Beyer

BTW Dave Clark is a legend

MOTLEY CRUE MEN JUNE 12 THE OH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I THINK IT IT WILL BE THE TWENTIETH TIME IVE SEEN GODS BAND !!!!!!

Seeing them at Download the week before. I think they are headlining the second stage while Emo Kids My Chemical Romance get bottled on the main stage.

Quite like the Pearl Jam cover of the Who's Love Reign on mr thats going around at the moment

Im not 100% sure mate as im not really big into tech house and tech trance, just proper techno!

From your list though, i have to pick out Tom Wax; Daybreak is such a class track!

Do you DJ yourself?

Used to a bit mate not so much lately still give vestax a spin know and then but more into bands these days + the overall quality of dance music aint as good as it was a few years ago. You DJ mate?

The second song on their new album may be the worst song I've ever heard. The rest of it's decent though.

Charmer? The one with the screams in...dunno Scotty, think its got a touch of Song 2 about it.

Yea, your right...come to think about it!

Used to a bit mate not so much lately still give vestax a spin know and then but more into bands these days + the overall quality of dance music aint as good as it was a few years ago. You DJ mate?

I try! :lol: na ive been doing it since i was 16 (22 now) so im starting to take it a lot more seriously now as a few people i know are making names for themselves! also trying to get into producing but its too expensive for me at the minute having just bought a house!!

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Apr 26 2007, 16:24 ) 508671[/snapback]
Seeing them at Download the week before. I think they are headlining the second stage while Emo Kids My Chemical Romance get bottled on the main stage.

Quite like the Pearl Jam cover of the Who's Love Reign on mr thats going around at the moment

Love Reign O'er Me? A bit pompous, but I love the part where Eddie screams out the chorus.

Myspace

Still gutted I didn't get tickets to Pearl Jam for the upcoming tour..

After all my years on different British boards, I've learnt that about 0 people from the isles have the same music taste as me. Club and dance are my favourite music, R&B is my favourite when in the club.

And I LOVE the new Bob Sinclar (Sound of Freedom) track. Bring on the freaking summer!!

Sorry to keep dragging up MUSE on this thread (no-one bothered to reply my last post on them) <_<

....but i`ve just had an email saying my tickets for wembley were 'on the way'.

Does anybody know what the line-up for the wembley shows will be? :huh:

DMF may be able to tell you more as I know he trawls the messageboards. AFAIK there will be three support acts, the first starting at 4.30. There have been quite a lot of rumours, tbh I don't really care so I've not paid attention, but Klaxons, My Chemical Romance and Lily Allen have all been mentioned. I believe The Streets are one of the confirmed support acts.

The Streets may be there, as the bassist who is with him/them covered for Muse's bassist when he broke his hand before the V festival in 2005. So they might help out and bring them in. But please, no emo crap like My Chemical Romance or nobodies like the talentless Lily Allen. Support should be Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster, Tomahawk and Depeche Mode.

What you classing as proper tech ? id say Chris Liebing , Tom Wax , Si Begg , Thomas Schumacher, Adam Beyer

BTW Dave Clark is a legend

Just got the Dave Clarke World Service Series, absolutey superb collection of Techno and Electro.

Also if you are into your Trance, get the Trance Energy 2007 CD, likes of Marcel Woods, Cosmic Gate etc- top notch! If you are into your Hard Trance, get the Tidy Resonate series, especially 1 to 4. Class.

Going Ibiza for the summer on 21st May, back just in time for Tidy Weekender 12! havent been yet but looks pretty messy!

The Streets may be there, as the bassist who is with him/them covered for Muse's bassist when he broke his hand before the V festival in 2005. So they might help out and bring them in. But please, no emo crap like My Chemical Romance or nobodies like the talentless Lily Allen. Support should be Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster, Tomahawk and Depeche Mode.

I dont really look no more bellamy11, only really when new material is rumoured to be out etc.

The Streets are apparently supporting. He did help out after Chris broke his hand but he is now part of the band, still a 3 piece but he plays all concerts for them in the background.

Im not going Wembley :( lucky bugger

Nor am I. Can't afford it, and the tickets sold out in minutes. So the bloke from The Streets does the knob twiddling in the background full time now? Sounds like he's an unofficial member of the band like Rob from Supergrass was for a long time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.