BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

Yes, I got to listen to the rest of it last night. To be honest apart from that song Jigsaw (which I really like) there isnt another on there that I am too interested in

Never been a big Radiohead fan..I liked Pablo Honey....and thats about it.....I dunno something about Well of middleclass kids dressing like they think working class people dress like really annoys me...I.E. the kooks and there ilk.

On a different note.....The Inspiral Carpets are touring soon.

Edited by Nelsta

I dunno something about Well of middleclass kids dressing like they think working class people dress like really annoys me...I.E. the kooks and there ilk.

Cant you just listen to the tunes and like a tune for what it is without worring about what pants the singer is wearing? I think the blokes in most bands are idiots but they still have some good tunes and it wouldnt never stop me buying their album.

Edited by Cocker

Never been a big Radiohead fan..I liked Pablo Honey....and thats about it.....I dunno something about Well of middleclass kids dressing like they think working class people dress like really annoys me...I.E. the kooks and there ilk.

On a different note.....The Inspiral Carpets are touring soon.

The Bends is a considerably better album than Pablo Honey, ignore the fans and Thom Yorke and enjoy the albulm for what it is, brilliant.

Just listened to In Rainbows, I think its the best since The Bends (which doesnt say much I admit) but I quite like it, will need to listen to it a few times though.

I really enjoyed 15 steps and Jigsaw.

The Bends is a considerably better album than Pablo Honey, ignore the fans and Thom Yorke and enjoy the albulm for what it is, brilliant.

Just listened to In Rainbows, I think its the best since The Bends (which doesnt say much I admit) but I quite like it, will need to listen to it a few times though.

I really enjoyed 15 steps and Jigsaw.

Again different tastes.Just cause i prefered the more indie sounding Pablo Honey dosnt mean i didnt buy the bends.Its just that i preffered The former.

But i dont think i'll be following up on there new album.

Also i remember seeing them at the M.E.N.Arena just asfter the release of OK computer......God they where dull.

the new radiohead album is fantastic. not a weak track on it. dont get me wrong theyre one of my top 3 or 4 bands but i can recognise half of the last album was dirge and amnesiac was pretty patchy. this is ace though, gets better with each listen.

Indeed, it's quite good. I was trying not to form an opinion with the first two times I listened to it, but as I get deeper into it , sounds better and better.

Indeed, it's quite good. I was trying not to form an opinion with the first two times I listened to it, but as I get deeper into it , sounds better and better.

I'm finding the same thing. It certainly took a few days but by the weekend I was really getting into it. I can understand why people wouldn't like it - there's no 'single' on it, but that's probably not the priority I don't think. Really really liking 'Reckoner' and 'Videotape'.

Edited by bellamy11

I'm finding the same thing. It certainly took a few days but by the weekend I was really getting into it. I can understand why people wouldn't like it - there's no real 'single' on it, but that's not really the priority I don't think. Really really liking 'Reckoner' and 'Videotape'.

If they had aimed at producing "singles" rather than just an honest album, they probably wouldn't have put it up on their website and made it a "pay what you want" download :)

the phonics have gone all mellow these days, it's just not the same without cable on the drums and rock and roll music.

jeep was the turning point.

To be fair, some of the tunes on it are like the old days but I have started to find that Kelly's voice droning on is starting to irritate me.

If they had aimed at producing "singles" rather than just an honest album, they probably wouldn't have put it up on their website and made it a "pay what you want" download :)

That's debatable. I don't disagree with the point about singles - after all, I said that it was more than likely not a priority. But I think quite a proportion of the reason it was put for download on the site was to control an inevitable leak. By leaking it themselves, they made a bit of money and get to do something 'new'. The freedom they have by not being on a record label makes it very interesting, and I'd like to know if other major artists follow suit.

That's debatable. I don't disagree with the point about singles - after all, I said that it was more than likely not a priority. But I think quite a proportion of the reason it was put for download on the site was to control an inevitable leak. By leaking it themselves, they made a bit of money and get to do something 'new'. The freedom they have by not being on a record label makes it very interesting, and I'd like to know if other major artists follow suit.

That's true, I was hinting at the same - the fact that they're more of an honest band than other high flying artists. Metallica were ignoring the obvious trend when they had the feud with Napster and it did them more harm than good. As the saying goes...if you can't beat them, join them.

Someone pointed me towards listening to Lamb - combination of ambiental and electronic music with an interesting solo voice. They're not a band anymore, but a compilation of their songs sounds pretty good if you fancy a quiet time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.