SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Oct 24 2007, 19:26 ) 556309[/snapback]
Today is a bad day for music.

Simply Red are to split up.

B)

On the same day that The Spice Girls (with Gerry Halliwell as "Ginger Spice") reform.

I smell a rat. It's like you never see Clark Kent and Superman in the same place at the same time.

I don't usually adhere to conspiracy theories...................

Drove up to Glagow to see a two-off 10-year-since-we-split re-union of Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine at the Barrowlands.

BEST GIG EVER !

Admittedly, a 30-somthing (age, not the album) mosh pit felt kinda odd, but it was awesome all the same. The worrying thing was it took four days for my ears to stop ringing !

Drove up to Glagow to see a two-off 10-year-since-we-split re-union of Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine at the Barrowlands.

BEST GIG EVER !

Admittedly, a 30-somthing (age, not the album) mosh pit felt kinda odd, but it was awesome all the same. The worrying thing was it took four days for my ears to stop ringing !

Oh fantastic...........

I so wanted to go to one of the gigs but London sold out straight away and I couldn't get to the Barrowlands gigs. Brilliant Live band, one of the best i've seen.

Hope they decide to do some more gigs in the North West..........................

Anyone else going to see "the clone roses" next friday at KGH?

I went last year it was quality. I've also seen the 'complete stone roses' who are slightly better. There's a good local band called the torrents supporting them next fri.

BEST GIG EVER !

Quality.

'In goes another left hook, and now I'm losing my patience, Someone call out Roger Cook and the United Nations'

Think I'll be digging out 101 Damnations and 30 something when I get home.

I see that Radio 1 are playing "4 Albums that changed music " on Zane Low's show.

One of Led Zeplin's and Nevermind by Nirvana are being played, but with them is the Artic Monkeys and Strokes.

The later two are good albums but we came up with a few others that did make an impact

Stone Roses

Revolver

Sgt Peppers

OK Computer (I disagreed but was overuled)

Definately Maybe

Whats the Story

But I was wondering whether it was just the ones that they got the okay to play all the way through live on air

I see that Radio 1 are playing "4 Albums that changed music " on Zane Low's show.

One of Led Zeplin's and Nevermind by Nirvana are being played, but with them is the Artic Monkeys and Strokes.

The later two are good albums but we came up with a few others that did make an impact

Stone Roses

Revolver

Sgt Peppers

OK Computer (I disagreed but was overuled)

Definately Maybe

Whats the Story

But I was wondering whether it was just the ones that they got the okay to play all the way through live on air

Zane Lowe... :angry2: The man is an arse-kissing hype machine. The Strokes and The Arctic Monkeys being mentioned in the same breath as Zeppelin and Nirvana: what a load of sh*t.

Edited by Rovermatt

How the the strokes and the every song sounds the same monkeys can be said to have changed music I really don't know.

Change doesn't neccesarily mean change for the good.

look at the kind of albums being released in 2000 and compare that withh 2002. Heaps of bands just simply wouldn't have been signed up and given the platform to release albums if it wasn't for the success of 'is this it'

• 2 weeks later...

Been to Mancunium tonight to watch t'Sex Pistols. Bloody fantastic! I am far too drunk to type much more, but have to say what a good do. There'lll always be an England!

Sad to say behaviour of a couple of Rovers fans on way back was regrettable. If you are the lad who got off at Darwen having nursed a bottle of Becks and sipped about 2 mililitres while "bravely" smoking a fag and spouting off about matters you clearly have no understaning of you deserve a fecking good kicking, you fat, spiky haired tosser. And pull your kecks up, your cheap Mtalan undies are showing.

wow what a night...

1.joan jett...no idea how old she is but what a set she did...i would love to bang the arse off her

2.motorhead....wowowowow loud and and proud..lemmy is a god

3.alice cooper gets better and better and better

4. work in 5 hours sux

saw billy ###### drummer there crossing the rd...man i hope he watched motorhead and saw how drumming solos should be done

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.