BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

What does everybody think of Muse? They recently had a concert in Bucharest that I attended and I thought it was just magnificent. They have a reputation of having a brilliant live act and they did just that. Anyone fancy them?

CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THIS POST!!

Muse are the dogs danglies - they really are. Wait until the DVD of Wembley is finally released

At the moment I am loving the latest Foo Fighters album. Havent really got into their previous albums but the new one is great

I bought ESP&G without big expectations and have to say it has completely exceeded them. OK it isn't as good as the debut album or The Color and The Shape but it has certainly arrested the gradual decline since then. Didn't rate In Your Honor one bit.

wow what a night...

1.joan jett...no idea how old she is but what a set she did...i would love to bang the arse off her

2.motorhead....wowowowow loud and and proud..lemmy is a god

3.alice cooper gets better and better and better

4. work in 5 hours sux

I agree with all the above! I'm still deaf 24 hours later!

At the moment I am loving the latest Foo Fighters album. Havent really got into their previous albums but the new one is great

The new one is great. So much softer than the older stuff, not that i didn't like that as well. Shame their Radio 1 wembley gig is the same day as the euro 08 kick off, otherwise i would have been there.

MUSE live at Wembley DVD delayed until Jan 2008

Work started on a new album :)

Quality, i was going to get that as a xmas present for my mum but i guess it will have to wait now.

It will be difficult to top the last album.

The new one is great. So much softer than the older stuff, not that i didn't like that as well. Shame their Radio 1 wembley gig is the same day as the euro 08 kick off, otherwise i would have been there.

Quality, i was going to get that as a xmas present for my mum but i guess it will have to wait now.

different type of album altogether apparently, more electronic and classical ??

I'm going to the Foo Fighters on the Friday, so shouldn't miss too much of the Euros.

Quite excited about the gig already!

different type of album altogether apparently, more electronic and classical ??

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to it already

I'm going to the Foo Fighters on the Friday, so shouldn't miss too much of the Euros.

Quite excited about the gig already!

Woke up early to get tickets on the friday and didn't stand a chance. However thought i would check this morning and i got 1 standing ticket for the Saturday gig. Not to bothered about the euros as we aren't there. May sell it on ebay (£80-100) and then buy one at a lower price later. Cost £51 including all the fees. :blink:

Saw Manchesters best kept secret I am Kloot in Manchester last night. Great gig where they played a good mix of old and new songs.

Got the new album and there are some soon to be Kloot classics on it. How this band are not 100 times bigger i'll never know :blink:

I'd never heard of them until i saw your mention, checked them out and they are rather brilliant, thanks.

I went to the Oxfam shop in Manchester yesterday, bought a birthday card, stuck a couple of quid in the Bangladeshi flood appeal box and picked up a CD by "Mull Historical Society."

One of the best I've heard for ages. It's on now.

Yep, they played Rosalie. Killed by Death another favourite, too bad I missed out on No Class due to exaggerated security at the door though.. <_< Not sure what they played the first fifteen minutes, but they finished it off with Whorehouse Blues, Ace of Spades and Overkill..

A random thing - have a look for Malcolm Middleton - "We're all going to Die" (A Brighter Beat). Its quality and even though Colin Murray is pushing it, it should be actively supported to get to Christmas Number 1. Its either this or some X Factor piece of crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Since another year is coming to a close I thought i'd list my albums of the year:

20. The Wombats - A Guide To Love, Loss & Desperation

19. The Maccabees - Colour It In

18. The Killers - Sawdust

17. The Enemy - We'll Live And Die In These Towns

16. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Baby 81

15. Patrick Wolf - The Magic Position

14. Good Shoes - Think Before You Speak

13. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

12. The Rakes - Ten New Messages

11. Klaxons - Myths Of The Near Future

10. Maximo Park - Our Earthly Pleasures

9. Kings Of Leon - Because Of Times

8. Kubichek! - Not Enought Night

7. LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver

6. Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmere

5. The Pigeon Detectives - Wait For Me

4. Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank

3. Babyshambles - Shotter's Nation

2. Interpol - Our Love To Admire

1. The Cribs - Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever

... what's everyone elses albums of the year?

Edited by grizfoot

So you've basically mentioned all the "indie"-albums released this year then? ;)

To your credit though, you've managed to order them, I probably wouldn't.

I think my album of the year (since this is supposed to be year 2007 releases only?) might be Clutch: From Beale Street to Oblivion.

I'm not really good at buying new albums though, in my ears the best music were made long ago, and everything after seems a bit, I don't know, inferior? Enjoying the "Mothership"-release from Led Zeppelin, but I guess best of albums are cheating in this contest?

To comment on your list (since I didn't manage to make one on my own), am I the only one not seeing what Arcade Fire brings to the music scene? As for the Arctic Monkeys album, it didn't give me as much as the 1st (which was brilliant!). That Black Rebel Motorcycle Club-album is decent though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.