BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

I've just been playing some Captain Beefheart. I can't beleive it's 40 years old. Please will someone else tell me that he still matters.

Closer to 2008....... "Editors" it's a bit "pomp rock" but by god what a voice that bloke has.

Captain Beefheart is great. Just another example of how the best music was made 30+ years ago..

Edited by herbergeehh

Anyone else going to versus cancer gig at the MEN next weekend

The Enemy will be performing at Versus Cancer later this month. They will be joined on stage by The Fratellis, The Happy Mondays, Fun Lovin Criminals, Athlete, The View, The Inspiral Carpets and The Farm plus some very special guests at the concert, which will raise much needed money for cancer research, awareness and support groups.
Edited by Jim J

OK - Old bands new stuff. Anyone heard the new Charlatans stuff? Very good it is too. Take a look on YouTube (Oh Vanity) or just go on their website (last two singles are downloadable from XFM - as is the new album in March). The fact that this time round they sound like New Order is undoubtedly a good thing. After all we'll not be hearing from New Order again it would appear after the boy Hook has thrown his lot in.

Talking of the legendary New Order can anyone confirm that once upon a time on the front of the NME the question was posed (something along the lines of) "Why do Blackburn Rovers hooligans have such an affiliation with New Order?" Anyone remember that?

Talking of the legendary New Order can anyone confirm that once upon a time on the front of the NME the question was posed (something along the lines of) "Why do Blackburn Rovers hooligans have such an affiliation with New Order?" Anyone remember that?

Don't remember that Bob but remember hearing or reading an interview with em where they mentioned Rovers nutters and how they made gigs at KGH interesting. Think it was Barney who said they had no idea why they were popular with Rovers fans.

OK - Old bands new stuff. Anyone heard the new Charlatans stuff? Very good it is too. Take a look on YouTube (Oh Vanity) or just go on their website (last two singles are downloadable from XFM - as is the new album in March). The fact that this time round they sound like New Order is undoubtedly a good thing. After all we'll not be hearing from New Order again it would appear after the boy Hook has thrown his lot in.

Love them. Not heard the new stuff yet but thanks for the heads up on the new album

On another note, I have just heard The Manics doing a cover of rihana - umbrella :blink:

...have you heard the Biffy Version Cocker, I hate the song, but they make it listenable. :)

Just 'youtubed' it. Dont think its an amazing cover but the song gets on my nerves anyway so its probably just that. I went to Italy last year and it was on everywhere. It was like Italy sponsored Riana or something.

Love them. Not heard the new stuff yet but thanks for the heads up on the new album

On another note, I have just heard The Manics doing a cover of rihana - umbrella :blink:

Speaking of the Manics.

I've been listening to James Dean Bradfield and Nicky Wire's solo stuff.

It's good but if someone played it you without telling you it was Solo material you'd just think it was the Manic Street Preachers.

Going to see a band from Seattie on Sunday called Band of Horses who are on Subpop records, on the leg of their 2nd album(which is a blinding album) tour. Sound a little like Pavement or a more upbeat The Shins.

They are well worth checking out:

Band Of Horses

I cant wait...Plus going to see MGMT and Radiohead later in 2008. Looking like a good year for music.

Going to see a band from Seattie on Sunday called Band of Horses who are on Subpop records, on the leg of their 2nd album(which is a blinding album) tour. Sound a little like Pavement or a more upbeat The Shins.

They are well worth checking out:

Band Of Horses

I cant wait...Plus going to see MGMT and Radiohead later in 2008. Looking like a good year for music.

I have one of their albums - presumably the first - called something along the lines of "Everything All of The Time"? I may have made that up. But whatever it's called, it's very very decent. So you'd recommend the second album if I liked the first?

well in a few hours I'll be reaching for the lasers here:

3730802551a6717928704l.jpg

frisky is top drawer, cally and juice are probably the best dj's of hardstyle in wales, but is the Australian chap coming with the no1 tag from such a big country tops the bill. never heard of him tbh, just wondered if anyone has heard of mr hill?

Just so you know, the new Charlatans album is available to download as of Monday Cockmeister. Here: http://www.xfm.co.uk/. The single Oh Vanity is also on there - You can hear it now it's just three of clicks of your mouse away.

Presty - I have never heard of any of that lot on that poster thing. I'd just like to take this opportunity to officially declare myself "old" and out of touch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.