BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

Deliberating whether to go and see The Fall in Salford on Friday or not. I haven't heard a thing from the new album though, anyone know if it's any good? £20 seems a bit steep to see them if it's not all that great, because they never play old stuff apart from at festivals.

:tu: Just got tickets for Carter USM with support from EMF at Brixton in November.

Can;t wait B)

See you there! (Unless my mate's got us tickets for the Birmingham gig instead).

On a slightly different note, we're going to see Bach's St John Passion tonight at Blackburn Cathedral (Renaissance Singers / Baroque Orchestra Canzona). Nowt like a bit of culture (and it's great to be able to see something like this right here in Blackburn).

See you there! (Unless my mate's got us tickets for the Birmingham gig instead).

On a slightly different note, we're going to see Bach's St John Passion tonight at Blackburn Cathedral (Renaissance Singers / Baroque Orchestra Canzona). Nowt like a bit of culture (and it's great to be able to see something like this right here in Blackburn).

I thought Jim Bob had just released a solo album recently? Nevertheless, good to see them back on the road - saw them at the Academy in 1991, they were quality.

Deliberating whether to go and see The Fall in Salford on Friday or not. I haven't heard a thing from the new album though, anyone know if it's any good? £20 seems a bit steep to see them if it's not all that great, because they never play old stuff apart from at festivals.

Well my decision has been made for me, they've cancelled the gig.

No surprise there really.

Great song brilliant video-Mystery Jets HERE!

Now that's a name I forgot about completely.

I saw them live years ago supporting British Sea Power (first album tour, so 2004 probably) and they were brilliant. They didn't have anything on CD or online at that point though, I remember trying to get hold of stuff and falling short, and they must have fallen out of my mind until I read that. Four years on I'll re-start my quest to listen to the Mystery Jets! Cheers Oz.

Edit: Well, that was a bit of an anti-climax. I remember them being far more experimental than that, wasn't keen on the song in the video, I'll listen to a few other things though before giving up.

Edited by LeChuck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to see James at Liverpool Uni on Saturday and it was quite a gig.

They mixed the set to include both old and new stuff and the new stuff was quite good, they even managed to get Peter Kay to warm up the crowd as he was there as a fan. He did a ten minute stint and then James rocked the place for about 2 hours.

Their encore included 3 songs and was extended further by the crowd who sang back at the band for a further ten minutes with the band just looking on in amazement before picking up their instrument again and joining in.

Very good, would recommend the new album.

Forgot about this thread.

I went to see The Enemy at the Ricoh a few weeks back, they were pretty good. I preferred the old days when you saw them with 50 other people but still good.

I also went to see the Fratellis this week, on the eve of their new album release. Not bad but i thought their new stuff was pretty weak in comparison with the classics.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just heard three of the new Oasis tracks from their new album EDIT, I now hear that while they are new songs they were recorded in 2004 and should the appear on the new album then they will probably sound very different.

Stop the Clocks.

For most people the title of this one will mean nothing. For Oasis fans its one that had become a kind of myth for about 5 years. Did it exist or not? No one knew - until now. Its sung by Noel (well, the version I heard was anyway) and maybe because of the build up it had received I dont know if I expected more. Again, because I didnt really know much about it before I was hoping that it would be and out and out drum swaggering song of the past but what we got here was a nice little tune that sounded like it was recorded in a church - cant see it being a single or anything.

I wanna live in a Dream in my Record Machine.

Another Noel sung song here. Again not really a single type song but what I like to call a toe tapper (even though on my second listen it could have been called head tapper too) Bit more going for it than STC.

Nothing on Me

I dont actually know if this is the real title for this one or not but this time we have a Liam one. I loved this from the first listen and I cant explain why. Its got a nice little tune running through it and sounds like Liam is having a bit of a rant - which I like.

Edited by Cocker

Now folks for something very different for this thread.

Me and the Wife attended the MEN Arena on Saturday after the Derby game to watch the one and only Celine Dion.

The most fantastic concert I have been to since The Jam Glasgow and The Smiths Edinburgh.

Absolutley bloody marvellous.

I have just heard three of the new Oasis tracks from their new album.

Stop the Clocks.

For most people the title of this one will mean nothing. For Oasis fans its one that had become a kind of myth for about 5 years. Did it exist or not? No one knew - until now. Its sung by Noel (well, the version I heard was anyway) and maybe because of the build up it had received I dont know if I expected more. Again, because I didnt really know much about it before I was hoping that it would be and out and out drum swaggering song of the past but what we got here was a nice little tune that sounded like it was recorded in a church - cant see it being a single or anything.

I wanna live in a Dream in my Record Machine.

Another Noel sung song here. Again not really a single type song but what I like to call a toe tapper (even though on my second listen it could have been called head tapper too) Bit more going for it than STC.

Nothing on Me

I dont actually know if this is the real title for this one or not but this time we have a Liam one. I loved this from the first listen and I cant explain why. Its got a nice little tune running through it and sounds like Liam is having a bit of a rant - which I like.

Heard them too Cocker, Living my Dream (In my record machine) is an absoulte collosal tune! Can't wait for the album. Do you think they'll be touring this summer? I know they've already announced a few dates in the US/Canada, but nothing over here as of yet.

Heard them too Cocker, Living my Dream (In my record machine) is an absoulte collosal tune! Can't wait for the album. Do you think they'll be touring this summer? I know they've already announced a few dates in the US/Canada, but nothing over here as of yet.

I hope they aren't touring this summer as I am getting married in September and wouldn't be able to afford to go. Noel was on soccer am on saturday and said they were going to Thailand but don't know how serious that was.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.