BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

TGM - Can I just apologise for being very blunt in my first post, I was skim reading and thought it was an NME chosen list. The scary thing is you didn't even mention NME, so I have no idea what happened in my head.

I might have a crack at doing this tomorrow, I think Blonde Redhead would probably come in at number 1.

TGM - Can I just apologise for being very blunt in my first post, I was skim reading and thought it was an NME chosen list. The scary thing is you didn't even mention NME, so I have no idea what happened in my head.

I might have a crack at doing this tomorrow, I think Blonde Redhead would probably come in at number 1.

:lol: That's an even bigger insult!

Finally got round to buying the latest Kings of Leon album yesterday. It's superb.

I think it's a bit disappointing compared to their previous efforts...

Well folks, while some of you were enjoying the delightful company of a certain Mr Jansen at T'Hordens, I was with Mrs Roverite watching SIR PAUL WELLER aka MODFATHER at The M.E.N. last night.

All I can say is that MR Weller was his usual self, profoundly professional music wise, with a little bit of his simpleton side coming out with his potential political statements in he background of his show.

His music continues to to have the wow factor and in 28 years since I first set eyes on a band called The Jam live, he continues to set the highest of musical standards.

A classic concert ^_^

The only other forum I post on is a music one and they had a thread where we all posted our top 40 gigs of all time. Since I had an hour or so to kill, I thought I'd make the list. Would be interesting to see other people's and/or whether they were at any of these...

5. Daft Punk, O2 Wireless Festival, Harewood House, Leeds 2007

37. The Coral, Leeds University Union 2006

I was at these gigs, the Coral one was great best I've seen them and best band I've seen at that venue. I was blown away by Daft Punk, I went for Klaxons and just considered Daft Punk as an extra treat, little did I know it would turn out to be the most amazing gig I've ever seen, I still cant believe how good it was now.

Went to see the fantastic Carter USM at Brixton on Saturday. As ever they were superb :tu:

What a band, yet painfully underrated.

EMF supported who were good as well, but looked like they had been frozen in 1992 and defrosted just for the gig.

Just a shame I ruined the weekend by going to WHL on Sunday :(

Went to see the fantastic Carter USM at Brixton on Saturday. As ever they were superb :tu:

What a band, yet painfully underrated.

EMF supported who were good as well, but looked like they had been frozen in 1992 and defrosted just for the gig.

Haha - that's a great description of EMF!

Quite a few familiar faces from the MB when we saw the same gig on Friday night at the Carling Academy in Birmingham ... Glenn, Scotty, Percy and Manchester Blue were all enjoying it!

Anyone heard the new Guns "n" Roses album yet?

I havent got or heard the album yet but from what I heard in the press the band were saying that it had a kind of Queen sound to it (Brian May even played on a couple of songs - which were then scrapped)

I have heard the new single though and rather than Queen I thought it sounded more like the Smashing Pumpkins

Before the last two or three home matches they have played The Killers song Human. There is a line "are we human or are we dancer". Could someone explain what "dancer" means / is as I cannot make any sense of it. I thought I was just out of touch with modern lingo but I have asked my daughter who is into music and she dosen't know either.

Before the last two or three home matches they have played The Killers song Human. There is a line "are we human or are we dancer". Could someone explain what "dancer" means / is as I cannot make any sense of it. I thought I was just out of touch with modern lingo but I have asked my daughter who is into music and she dosen't know either.

I believe it was off a famous quote by the american journalist and author Hunter S Thompson that 'America was raising a generation of dancers'.

From Yahoo answers:

"Hunter S. Thompson meant that the US was making people afraid of stepping out of place and following their own beat. He was saying that people were only following the steps they were taught, and were also taught not to change them. In the song "Human" one of the lines is "Some times I get nervous when I see an open door". By this he meant that he is afraid to take different opportunities when they are presented to him, because living in the US has made us all afraid to go against what we've thought for all our lives. That is what Thompson."

A search for Hunter S Thompson and Dancers might find some more information about it.

I believe it was off a famous quote by the american journalist and author Hunter S Thompson that 'America was raising a generation of dancers'.

From Yahoo answers:

"Hunter S. Thompson meant that the US was making people afraid of stepping out of place and following their own beat. He was saying that people were only following the steps they were taught, and were also taught not to change them. In the song "Human" one of the lines is "Some times I get nervous when I see an open door". By this he meant that he is afraid to take different opportunities when they are presented to him, because living in the US has made us all afraid to go against what we've thought for all our lives. That is what Thompson."

A search for Hunter S Thompson and Dancers might find some more information about it.

Many thanks RVR

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.