BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

pandora is a great website for anyone who loves music but doesnt own or Download a lot of it personally. Also great for at work with web access

But unfortunately it does not work here in England :( I used to listen to it rather a lot, but I think it finally stopped working about a year ago.

I used to listen to Pandora all the time. Great for selecting the style of music.

It was supposed to be internal US only but by putting a US post code in it allowed you to set up a profile and listen. Now they do things based on ISP.

They were going to licence the idea around the world but they haven't reached out this far yet.

Applied for access to the Michael Jackson pre sale tickets for his shows at the O2 in july, I expect the shows to be a car crash but if there's a tiny chance he'll put on a show like he used to it's not one to be missed.

Doubt I'll be lucky enough to get tickets though.

id rather pay to watch burnley than this weird perverted excuse of a human being.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for the God that is Mr Brian May, found old footage of the Brian May band back in the 90's (went to see them at Manchester Apollo)

One for me and Abbey maybe, but for those of a certain age here we have Cozy Powell on drums and two of the horniest looking backing singers I've ever seen.

Forgive Brian's voice here :tu:

Edited by adopted scouser

One of the most orignal, brilliant and yet quite daft bands that I have known have reformed. Faith No More.

Well, I care a lot anyway. They are headlining one of the nights at this years Download.

Brilliant news. My 20 year old friend will be able to see why I like them so much. Much better than the pathetic Motley Crue Abs loves so much. Mind you, without the big haired nancy boys we would not have heard of Metallica, Sepultura etc.

As for Jacko, someone I work with really wants to go, and is tempted to fork out £700 for the remaining ticket. The only ones left are the top of the range tickets. Mind you this woman thinks Katie Melua was better live than Muse, so she officially has no taste. And she likes Dido.

• 1 month later...

I've never been a fan of The Enemy, But you aint the first person to call out this song as a Londos Calling rip off.

There's a few tracks on the new album that sound like other songs.

Nation of Checkout girls sounds alot like Pulps Common People.

And Last Goodbye sounds like Cast's Walk-away.

Seems like they've just ran out of ideas.

I'm off to see Ojos de Brujo tonight in Liverpool - possibly the worlds' only Catalan flamenco/hip hop fusion band. Looking forward to a serious party night.

Sounds very interesting, I'll have to check them out.

I've been listening to the new Animal Collective non-stop since around January, it's such a brilliant album. Also I was very surprised to find the The Horrors new one (Primary Colours) is actually very good. Last time I heard of them they were a gimmicky band seemingly famous because the singer was with Peaches Geldof. Primary Colours is quite dark though, it has Joy Division feel to it. It's biggest flaw is that it's not original at all, but it's still a good album if you like that sort of music.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.