BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

<!--quoteo(post=823971:date=Sep 19 2009, 19:54 :name=brfc_ben)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (brfc_ben @ Sep 19 2009, 19:54 ) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=823971"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yep, thats the one.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

New album is brilliant, Uprising is not even one of the best songs on there

I agree. It`s a good album :tu:

Different from their previous efforts but its growing more & more on me with every listen B)

Roll on 6th November!!!!!!!!!!!

Massive plug I know http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Puxq0L9FE

for anyone into dubstep or electro house

Also going to see Bloc Party in Sheffield tommorrow night can't wait:rover:

Just started getting into DubStep and Wobbles the last few months and this song is pretty good.

Also, have a good time at Bloc Party. Quality group there.

Just started getting into DubStep and Wobbles the last few months and this song is pretty good.

Also, have a good time at Bloc Party. Quality group there.

Cheers was a good night out

'Helicopter' and 'Better Than Heaven' were the best songs

<!--quoteo(post=826297:date=Sep 25 2009, 07:10 :name=American)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (American @ Sep 25 2009, 07:10 ) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=826297"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Got the new Pearl Jam album - the best they've done in years.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really not hearing it myself. The can't get close to their early albums. Although, "Pearl Jam" was pretty good. Maybe it's a grower.

OK, I am a huge fan, but Backspacer is immense.

Loved in on first listen, love it even more now!

Any Idlewild fans out there enjoying Post-Electric Blues?

Going to see Editors tomorrow night, at manc academy, could only get one ticket off ebay so i'm on my own, i qonder what they'll be like, hope the guitars are still loud

You are so lucky. I could have got tickets for one of their London dates, but not one of my friends would come with me. I probably should have gone by myself I suppose, but I'm not sure I would have enjoyed that.

Saw Muse at the Spektrum Arena in Oslo on Sunday night as part of my European stalker tour. For those who are going to see them - it was a really good gig so you should love it. The stage design is pretty amazing, they clearly spend a load of time (and money) ensuring that they put on as spectacular a show as possible. The new material sounds pretty good, though tbh the Norwegian crowd was a little tame (lots of tiny Norwegian girls) so the biggest reaction was for the radio hits from the last couple of years. With a bit of luck, the UK shows (where people know them better) will contain a few more old favourites rather than a 'greatest hits' setlist.

Oslo Spektrum is an absolutely awful venue, no wonder the crowd was tame. I've seen both Dylan and Motörhead there, and both the two - favourite artists of mine - were decent, but unspectacular. Poor sound quality, terrible refreshment policies and facilities, and just overall a less than good experience.

Sounds a bit like Muse, actually.....

:)

Saw Muse at the Spektrum Arena in Oslo on Sunday night as part of my European stalker tour. For those who are going to see them - it was a really good gig so you should love it. The stage design is pretty amazing, they clearly spend a load of time (and money) ensuring that they put on as spectacular a show as possible. The new material sounds pretty good, though tbh the Norwegian crowd was a little tame (lots of tiny Norwegian girls) so the biggest reaction was for the radio hits from the last couple of years. With a bit of luck, the UK shows (where people know them better) will contain a few more old favourites rather than a 'greatest hits' setlist.

Going Echo Arena next week - do the boxes on the stage move around as seen some shots they put on the site with Dom appearing up in the air??

Going Echo Arena next week - do the boxes on the stage move around as seen some shots they put on the site with Dom appearing up in the air??

The pillars themselves are stationary but the platforms of these can be raised and lowered to stage level (basically so they aren't stuck in the air for the entire gig). Dom's platform also rotates through 360 degrees, though that's only for when he's jamming with Chris halfway through.

The pillars themselves are stationary but the platforms of these can be raised and lowered to stage level (basically so they aren't stuck in the air for the entire gig). Dom's platform also rotates through 360 degrees, though that's only for when he's jamming with Chris halfway through.

just seen pictures of it - quality

notice the signature in your profile is the intro they play?

just seen pictures of it - quality

notice the signature in your profile is the intro they play?

Yeah, I reckon it's the best intro they've done. Try to avoid watching it on Youtube etc - will make it better to watch next Thursday if you don't know exactly what's coming. I'm standing on Wednesday but sitting on Thursday (12th gig, thought we'd do something a little different) so I'll be trying to get a load of good videos.

Yeah, I reckon it's the best intro they've done. Try to avoid watching it on Youtube etc - will make it better to watch next Thursday if you don't know exactly what's coming. I'm standing on Wednesday but sitting on Thursday (12th gig, thought we'd do something a little different) so I'll be trying to get a load of good videos.

Wont watch it online then will make it better when there. I see they been playing a few Exogenesis parts live too?

Saw Green Day on Saturday night in the MEN. What a show, 30 minutes of crap with the warm up act followed by almost 3 hours of sheer joy as Billy Joe thrilled the crowd from start to finish. Best frontman I have ever seen on stage :D

Playing Lancashire Cricket Club on 16th June.

In middle of the world cup though, so its a tough one.

Saw Sons Of Albion last night at the Mad Ferret in Preston.

The band are fronted by Logan who is Robert Plants son.

They were fantastic! great singer,amazing drummer.

Was good to see such a great band in a small venue-very powerfull stuff.

And the pub sells Black Sheep bitter-happy days.

MUSE were awesome in Dublin :tu:

Fantastic show & excellent venue!

Surprised to see there wasn`t any support act for the Dublin gig. Although Muse played for 2+ hours.

I`ve got a feeling they`ll be playing Wembley Stadium again next summer.

The GF is now a Muse addict ;)

MUSE were awesome in Dublin :tu:

Fantastic show & excellent venue!

Surprised to see there wasn`t any support act for the Dublin gig. Although Muse played for 2+ hours.

I`ve got a feeling they`ll be playing Wembley Stadium again next summer.

The GF is now a Muse addict ;)

We got just over 1 1/2 hours in Liverpool and they came on very early. Set was amazing and we got very close to the front

We got just over 1 1/2 hours in Liverpool and they came on very early. Set was amazing and we got very close to the front

The early start in Liverpool must have been due to restrictions on finishing time. At almost every other gig the starting time has been circa 8.45.

There's no way there was a substancial difference in gig length between the two. It's certainly unlikely that Dublin came in at more than 2 hours. Off the top of my head, the setlist in Dublin was virtually identical to some of the earlier gigs of the tour. Liverpool was a bit different in that they dropped Map of the Problematique entirely, although closing the first part of the set on Stockholm Syndrome will have added a few minutes because they p*ss about a lot at the end of that song if there's nothing directly afterwards. In Liverpool they also played the jazzy version of Cave in place of Feeling Good and/or Unintended (which was good as I was worried about not seeing that one live). Aside from some mixing up of the order (they've usually been finishing the first part with Unnatural Selection but at Liverpool it was about 4th, and Plug In Baby was played in the encore) the setlist was almost identical - as it has been across the whole tour.

On a rubbish note, myself, cn174 and another mate had tickets to see them in Barcelona on the 27th. However, Spain's appearance in the Davis Cup Final has forced it to be shifted to the 24th, which we can't make. That's cost us in the region of £250 in useless air tickets, which is a bit crap.

There's no way there was a substancial difference in gig length between the two. It's certainly unlikely that Dublin came in at more than 2 hours. Off the top of my head, the setlist in Dublin was virtually identical to some of the earlier gigs of the tour.

They came on at 8.30 in Dublin & finished at 10.35 (giving them a few minutes break before the encore)

My mate`s wife bumped into Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliot at the show. He was stood at the back & made a swift exit at the end.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.