BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

New UK Live Date - Blackburn King George's Hall

Breaking news - The Courteeners have just added a new date to their forthcoming spring tour.

Saturday 13th March - Blackburn King George's Hall

Tickets to the show go on sale Friday 12 February at 9am from all usual ticket outlets.

Went to see The Courteeners last Saturday night and I have to say its probably the best gig i've been to at King Georges Hall, they had the place bouncing.

The Doves have just been announced playing, lets hope the place can become a regular venue again like it was back in the 80's when everyone played there.

Motorhead tickets booked thumbs-up.gif bob, abbey ... see you on the all-dayer xmas.gif

The music is @#/?, but the all day sounds good :tu:

'Head tickets booked. Day off booked. Sorted. First time they've played KGH since 1984. They were so ridiculously loud I had ringing in my ears for a week.

I'll ignore that GAV. Everyone likes the Ace of Spades and they all sound the same anyway. ;)

Elsewhere... The Charlatans at Blackpool Empress Ballroom. Saturday 15th May. Playing their first album Some Friendly in full. 20 years since that was released. I saw them at KGH an all - 1990.

Is is allocated seating or stand where you want ? I've booked the day off already bit need tickets for me and my brother.

Bob, I saw them at Georges a million years ago. Northgate has sandstone about a metre thick and you could still hear Lemmy over by the Jubilee. :)

MOTORHEAD! Brilliant, I'll be there, saw them there in the 80s a couple of times but haven't seen them since. There was some Motorhead graffiti on the front wall of the KGH for years after the last time they played.

SAW THEM A COUPLE OF YEARS BACK AT MEN WITH MR COOPER...tickets bought..spons brekky awaits.

SAW THEM A COUPLE OF YEARS BACK AT MEN WITH MR COOPER...tickets bought..spons brekky awaits.

Don't like the music but I did once spend a very bizarre but fun night in the bar at the Marriott in Cardiff a few years ago with Lemmy - he'd just got up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The new "The Fall" CD released today - "Your Future Our Clutter"

Are you reading this Adopted Scouscer?

It's another good one.

Edited by colin

A lot of interesting music tips here, I'm very interested in different kinds of music myself, ranging from hip hop to rock/pop and new wave. Didn't know this part of the forum from before.

Having read a lot of the pages, I cannot see any discussion regarding the group who made the new Blackburn anthem. I reckon y'all have heard "Blackburn (Rovers in his heart"), but did you know that the song is present on Seven's 5th album entitled "The Fifth"? I am therefore curious what you of the rest of the album.

It is of course available on iTunes, but you can check it out for free if you have Spotify:

or else a couple of extra tracks in addition to "Blackburn" at www.myspace.com/sevennorway

Enjoy, and you are very welcome to reply or msg me. :rover:

• Like 1

A lot of interesting music tips here, I'm very interested in different kinds of music myself, ranging from hip hop to rock/pop and new wave. Didn't know this part of the forum from before.

Having read a lot of the pages, I cannot see any discussion regarding the group who made the new Blackburn anthem. I reckon y'all have heard "Blackburn (Rovers in his heart"), but did you know that the song is present on Seven's 5th album entitled "The Fifth"? I am therefore curious what you of the rest of the album.

It is of course available on iTunes, but you can check it out for free if you have Spotify:

or else a couple of extra tracks in addition to "Blackburn" at www.myspace.com/sevennorway

Enjoy, and you are very welcome to reply or msg me. :rover:

Been on my Ipod for months now, good work.

Is there anyone else on here who likes Eminem? He's leaked a new song 'not afraid' - probably his best material for about 5 years!

Love his first LP but has been getting progressively worse since then as he's run out of things to be legitimately angry about. Marshall Mathers LP had its moments too, but very little since then has been up to the standard he's capable of. Disappointed because I used to feel that he has one genuinely brilliant album in him, but it looks unlikely that it'll ever happen. What's the new track like? What kind of stuff of his is it similar to?

Love his first LP but has been getting progressively worse since then as he's run out of things to be legitimately angry about. Marshall Mathers LP had its moments too, but very little since then has been up to the standard he's capable of. Disappointed because I used to feel that he has one genuinely brilliant album in him, but it looks unlikely that it'll ever happen. What's the new track like? What kind of stuff of his is it similar to?

Listen to it on youtube - its a good song, he claims he's now out of all his mess & depression - and hopefully the new album will be really good.

Been to see the Australian Pink Floyd Show tonight at the MEN Arena. Mixed feelings when we booked the tickets a few months back at 39 quid each ... surely a cover band couldn't be worth that much?? Could they carry off playing a venue like the MEN??

Well they absolutely could. Three hours of the best Floyd tracks, carried off brilliantly. I was most worried about the sound, Dave Gilmour makes his guitar sing like nobody else. It wasn't quite Dave Gilmour, but it was as close as you're going to get. Light show and stage show to match the big sound.

Playing Liverpool in July. I think we'll be going again. Awesome.

Anyone else go and see Doves on Sunday night at KGH? Third time I've seen them and they didn't disappoint - and they played 'Space Face' as a second encore which went down well with people of my age who remember only too well dancing in fields to it in about 1990 .... ;)

What do you make of Broken Social Scene's effort sleepyjack?

I've been waiting for this one for years, and I must say I was very disappointed after the first listen. Since then it has grown on me, although I think the middle of the album is still very weak.

Going to give it quite a few more listens yet, I'd already bought my ticket to see them live before I heard it so I want to try and like it as much as possible! Definitely my least favourite album of theirs at the moment though. The vocals have changed quite a lot from previous efforts, that's what I'm struggling to like in most songs at the moment.

Sweetest Kill is probably my favourite song on it, followed by World Sick and Meet Me in the Basement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.