BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

Agree with you on that Hughesy, great album from Em. In another leak, Drakes CD is a lot better then I thought it would be too.

I'm looking forward to hearing it. The guy is nice. No one is better than Lil Wayne though. The guy is a complete genius. There's some stuff that I'm not too keen on, but when you here something

you see how good he really is.

So true Roy. I also respect the fact that he works so hard. Hes in the studio daily just layin down bars. Drakes CD is different then Weezy though, drake's flow is pretty distinct. I agree earlier singles sounded like he was trying to just be Weezy but I'm actually going to buy Drakes CD, and I can't remember the last CD i bought.

Side note: If you don't mind the smell of mary jane, a weezy concert is awesome.

PHEW!!! :o

Thank god i`m going to the Muse wembley show on the 11th Sept & not the 10th. Biffy Clyro are special guests on the 11th. The poor people who`re going on the 10th will have to put up with.......Lily Allen!!!! :(

A sad sad day for rock music indeed :unsure:

Anyone going to the Lancs CC show will have Editors as spesh guests.

I like Lily Allen. While I wouldn't have thought that Muse was a natural support gig for her (a bit like The Streets last time Muse played Wembley) I suppose it does cater to the fact that Muse are liked by a lot of 16 year old girls now. Certainly I'm more concerned that they're churning out s**t like Neutron Star Collision for Twilight films than I am that Allen is supporting them.

Will be nice to see Biffy again though. Was supposed to see them support Muse in Barcelona but had to get a refund on tickets when the gig was moved for the Davis Cup.

I'm looking forward to hearing it. The guy is nice. No one is better than Lil Wayne though. The guy is a complete genius. There's some stuff that I'm not too keen on, but when you here something

you see how good he really is.

If you like weezy then check this one out with him & Em off Eminems new album

Eminem & Lil Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

Frank Sidebottom has died.

Now that's something.

Chris Seivey was a lovely bloke. I'll miss him.

Aye, me too. Went to see Frank many, many times and a small piece of my artwork can be found in the gatefold of his first album. Also met him in regular guise as Chris Sievey a couple of times. First time was when I was 17 with one of my mates when he'd done a stand-up turn with Mark Radcliffe as Billy & Barry Belly and they bought me and my mate a pint. Really funny bloke and it's a sad day knowing he's no longer around.

Saw Frank many times too. Last one was about 5 years ago, in Chorley performing for about 20 people upstairs at a small restaurant. Photo from the night below.

n594900897_106453_8985.jpg

In the late 1980 the NME made a tribute album to Sgt Peppers, the 20th anniversary I think and Frank did the track for the Benefit Of Mr Kite. It was better than the original! He also did the weird voice on the run out groove too....I never could be any other...

PHEW!!! :o

Thank god i`m going to the Muse wembley show on the 11th Sept & not the 10th. Biffy Clyro are special guests on the 11th. The poor people who`re going on the 10th will have to put up with.......Lily Allen!!!! :(

A sad sad day for rock music indeed :unsure:

Anyone going to the Lancs CC show will have Editors as spesh guests.

I am going LCCC gig in September, kind of looking forward to Editors but their newer stuff isn't the best. Got the Band Of Sculls album who are also supporting and it is very good, I got into Big Pink after seeing them support at Echo Arena in November.

Agree with Bellamy11 regarding some of the recent stuff, I really really hope they dont follow the same setlists they have been doing on the stadium tour over here. We need the older, heavier classics to be a big part of the show.... and WHAT A STAGE it will be played on. Jeeesus

I am going LCCC gig in September, kind of looking forward to Editors but their newer stuff isn't the best. Got the Band Of Sculls album who are also supporting and it is very good, I got into Big Pink after seeing them support at Echo Arena in November.

I haven't heard the new Editors stuff. An End Has A Start was a great album. My sister did an interview with Band Of Sculls when they played in Belfast a few months ago. She said that they were total idiots.

• Backroom

Not that many on here like him - but Eminem's new album is all over the net & its probably one of his best to date!

Just got his new album...

Have to say I'm not overly impressed with it, though it's a massive, massive improvement on Relapse. It's up there on the same level as The Eminem Show, though IMO it doesn't come close to SSLP or MMLP.

Em's a little clumsy in a few parts, but generally his flow is very good. The beats aren't as creative as they might have been, but they're good enough. One of the things that annoys me about this album, and quite a lot of Eminem's recent stuff, is his attempts to sing. He can't, so I'm not sure why he tries. He needs to stick to rapping and let the guests do the singing.

Favourite tracks are Talkin 2 Myself (no idea who Kobe is, though?), On Fire, No Love, Space Bound, Love the Way You Lie (Rhianna is fantastic in this track) & You're Never Over. Didn't really dig the song with Pink, or the one with the Black Sabbath sample.

Frank Sidebottom has died.

Now that's something.

Chris Seivey was a lovely bloke. I'll miss him.

Drive through Timperley village every morning on the way to work, terrible news and only 54. Sneaking through the fire exits at 'Georges' years ago found Chris without the head on and got promptly ejected by his minder.

He was 'fantastic'. He really was

U2 left a massive hole in the Friday headline slot .... Gorillaz failing badly to fill it imo. Not that I don't like them, but they are a long way from headline material, and seem to have morphed into an ego-massaging project for Damon Albarn. Most recent album very disappointing - and they appear to be playing it all!

Snoop was awesome, Hot Chip good, not a fan but Dizzee Rascal got the crowd rocking, disappointed no footage of The Black Keys though. Looking forward to The Dead Weather and particularly Muse tomoz. Rumours that The Edge will join them on stage?

U2 left a massive hole in the Friday headline slot .... Gorillaz failing badly to fill it imo. Not that I don't like them, but they are a long way from headline material, and seem to have morphed into an ego-massaging project for Damon Albarn. Most recent album very disappointing - and they appear to be playing it all!

Snoop was awesome, Hot Chip good, not a fan but Dizzee Rascal got the crowd rocking, disappointed no footage of The Black Keys though. Looking forward to The Dead Weather and particularly Muse tomoz. Rumours that The Edge will join them on stage?

Forget Glasto.

Best thing on last night was the mighty Pearl Jam at Hyde Park Hard Rock Calling.

Stunning!

Muse are the best band I have had the pleasure of seeing live. I have also seen The Verve and Oasis. Neither come close to the spectical that is Muse and just hit after hit.

Shame never played a few more older classics, but they seem to be listening to the fans by finally playing Citizen Erased

F**k me! how good are Muse live?

Not as good as the Pet Shops boys on the other stage, what a performance and visually the stage show was fantastic.

Never thought I’d say it, but I’d pay to watch them live.

Tris – sort the tickets pal :tu:

Agree with Oz also - Mumford and sons are a breath of fresh air, hoping to catch them live soon also.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.