BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Music Discussion Thread

Isn't it amazing how much completely trivial stuff lurks on Wkipedia.

The second track on the album, "These Colours Don't Run" is about being a soldier in the war zone. According to lead singer Bruce Dickinson in an interview with Kerrang! magazine; "the song was an effort to put a human face on people who go out and fight wars. They call it 'peacekeeping', but these people put themselves in harm's way, and whether or not you agree with the reasons why they're doing it, they're just doing their job". Drummer Nicko McBrain, told Rhythm magazine the title was inspired by the incident with Sharon Osbourne during a US tour, when Sharon and friends threw eggs at Iron Maiden during their performance: "I can't remember verbatim what he [bruce] said, but he hurled a load of abuse and said, "These colours don't ###### run", meaning we weren't gonna leave the stage."

I've just put my 11 year old genius to bed where she has be listening to "Country Girl" by Primal Scream from "Now That's What I Call Music Volume 46."

One of the most recent CDs I bought was "Riot City Blues" by Primal Scream.

You've just got to be a Dad to appreciate it...................

Pure bliss, if only she would appreciate The Bonzos I would be a happy man.

Warning! To anyone who liked the first Kasabian album... the difficult second album is ...er .. difficult (sh*t)!

Agreed. No Swagger anymore. I have listened to it and listened to it trying really hard to make myself like it but I cant :(

I am soo glad I got a refund on my tickets to see them.

Edited by Cocker

Warning! To anyone who liked the first Kasabian album... the difficult second album is ...er .. difficult (sh*t)!

Special mention to M use for producing a great album. It's (90's)Radiohead meets Queen, and it works in an overblown pompous way!

I've heard some of the new Kasabian stuff and I have to say I don't like it. The debut was brilliant, so I think I'll be sticking to that.

Hmmm....yeah, I`ve given the new Kasabian album a few listens, & i`ve got to say it`s not jumping onto my cd player anymore. I`ll give it another listen in a week or so, just to see if it`s a 'grower'. :(

I saw Anathema on Tuesday night - great gig by a perpetually under-the-radar band I'm just getting into. They started as a Doom/Death Metal band before moving onto something a lot more epic and melodic on their third album and eventually ending up as sort of Radiohead like alt-rock act. Whatever you want to call them, its great stuff; very melancholy and uplifting. Also they closed with a cover of Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt, if you know what I mean. Which was nice.

There's this Milf in my office. We've been packing to move and it's interesting walking past her area watching her bend over to put stuff in boxes.

"Sir, i like the cut of your jib!" ;)

Special mention to M use for producing a great album. It's (90's)Radiohead meets Queen, and it works in an overblown pompous way!

Tell me about it, it's an unrelenting rehash of 70's Glam rock @#/?! (glam rock not a genre i care for) although it might appeal to some people.

Emo kids are now the new ruling class outside City Hall. They really are a bunch of pretentious, inane fools. 'Oh, I'm so depressed. I hate my life. My daddy's a QC and I live in Malone Park. Yet I still feel obliged to affect an air of resigned defeat in life and wander through the streets with my equally aimless mates (all of whom, funnily enough, look the same)'

Zane Lowes.

Gragh. If I see another band/artist with an oh-so-cute name like this (see: you Say Party! We Say Die!, Help! She Can't Swim etc) I think my head might actually explode.

He/they are actually really good though, acoustic guitar with beats and occasional other instruments, little disappointed with what i heard of larrikin love

Still loving the futureheads news and tributes and maximo park too

does anybody like any sort of electro/techno stuff? or is everyone here a rocker?

not that theres anything wrong with rock music of course

It depends what you mean when you say 'electro' ?

I like a bit of Depeche Mode, OMD, Nine Inch Nails, Flock of Seagulls.....if that`s what you class as 'electro'. :unsure:

Agreed. No Swagger anymore. I have listened to it and listened to it trying really hard to make myself like it but I cant :(

I am soo glad I got a refund on my tickets to see them.

Bit rash getting rid of the tickets!

I think the new Album is Quality!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.