BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Home Shirt

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the formula last season was done over 3 years.

3 x £31.49

2 x £45.00

Works out that we only pay a little more. What it fails to observe is that fact that we would have to buy a shirt in the 4th season where other teams would still be using their existing shirt. So the formula should read:

4 x £31.49 (our price)

2 x £39.99 (liverpools shirt price)

which means we are paying out and extra £45 over the 4 seasons. Doesn't seem like a cheap shirt now does it

But we are getting 4 items of clothing compared to 2....

I'm sure the formula last season was done over 3 years.

3 x £31.49

2 x £45.00

Works out that we only pay a little more. What it fails to observe is that fact that we would have to buy a shirt in the 4th season where other teams would still be using their existing shirt. So the formula should read:

4 x £31.49 (our price)

2 x £39.99 (liverpools shirt price)

which means we are paying out and extra £45 over the 4 seasons. Doesn't seem like a cheap shirt now does it

Or you could just wait until October as I did last season then get the shirts half price. I'm not prepared to pay full price for a home shirt that lasts one season, but would be for one that lasts two.

I'll be delighted if the ugliest sponsor logo I've ever seen falls off my jersey after two washes. Otherwise I'll be there for weeks trying to get it off. An iron works, you say?

I mean seriously, did they not have something less offensive that could have been used, or at least moved the logo down 3 or 4 inches...

Well the dam thing has done it again! like i told them at the shop, when they persisted that it would be okay!

3rd wash now, same old thing is happening, the shop is gonna get it slung in there faces!

I too have the 1960 FA Cup Final kit from Toffs. Hands down the best kit

that ever shows up to my 5 a-sides! I also have a few Kappa shirts, home

and away, that gold shirt that I got for 5 pounds during the last RoversWorld

clear out.... I started washing these by hand in the sink & hand drying them.

After a few weeks of that , I started using the gentle cycle of the washer, but

still no dryer.

i've had no problems with the rather large HSA sticker (althou sometimes

I wish it would come off.)

how long does the bet24 and lonsdale deals last. are shirts are awful. wouldnt mind addidas the ajax kit is amazing

The truth of the matter is that we don't sell anywhere near enough shirts to warrant any interest from any of the major kit manufacturers.

Kit manufacturers sponsor clubs so that they can make money, if they can't see a way to do that, then they won't.

Alas on the whole, Rovers fans spend very little on non-game items.

Alas on the whole, Rovers fans spend very little on non-game items.

Is that because there is very little choice of merchandise or that the merchandise costs very little?

I'd buy those little mini kit things for the car at £3.50 a shot if that's any help? Will they be selling them again this season Lee? Or is it too much hassle for Sportsworld?*

As for Nike and Stanley. Nike supply their kit as the shirts are sold all over the world. Well as far as Darwen anyway, I've seen one over there.

(* I fully appreciate that this has absolutely nowt to do with you Lee ;) )

you know bob i was driving thru liverpool thursady and i saw mini kits of liverpool,everton ,bolton ,chelsea and even a scumley one...i also saw a rovers one with TIME on ..we want kits and rovers merchandise!!!!!! its not much to ASK FOR A TOP 6 SIDE REALLY

Yes they did,your shout Lee............................................

They don't now though.

Plus it was Accrington paying Nike, not the other way around.

Is that because there is very little choice of merchandise or that the merchandise costs very little?

I'd buy those little mini kit things for the car at £3.50 a shot if that's any help? Will they be selling them again this season Lee? Or is it too much hassle for Sportsworld?*

As for Nike and Stanley. Nike supply their kit as the shirts are sold all over the world. Well as far as Darwen anyway, I've seen one over there.

(* I fully appreciate that this has absolutely nowt to do with you Lee ;) )

As the person who used to run the online store I am fully aware of what Rovers fans would like to purchase and what they don't purchase.

And as someone who used to have mini-kits in their car, I can fully sympathise with those who want them.

Alas as fans we are the ones who have to suffer. All I can suggest is that people continue to moan at Sports World (copying the club in in the process) then maybe, just maybe the voices will be heard.

Mouthing off about it (wrong phrase really) on here, really doesn't help anyone except those who want to get it off their chest.

Saying that, I bought a pair of Rovers shorts/swimming shorts for just £2.49 at the shop on Friday, and frankly you'd have never been able to get those in the days before Sports World.

Edited by Lee

how long does the bet24 and lonsdale deals last.amazing

We are two years into a 10 year deal with sportsworld. I doubt the merchandising operation will get any better, but at least Rovers will do well financially out of it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.