BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Eamonn Rogers Memrobilia Wanted

edrogers

Hi

Im searching for all kinds of Eamonn Rogers memrobilia inparticular newspaper or magazine cuttings, posters, articles, programmes with a feature of him etc. Also wanted is the programme from his debut match which i believe was against stoke 1965/66 season. He was transferred to charlton in 72. Any memories would also be excellent. Good prices given.

Im his son and its his sixtieth birthday next april, he doesnt have to much memrobilia from the time so i thought i'd put some together to make it a special present.

Cheers

Ed Rogers

Edited by edrogers

Guest fernhurstblue

Hi

Im searching for all kinds of Eamonn Rogers memrobilia inparticular newspaper or magazine cuttings, posters, articles, programmes with a feature of him etc. Also wanted is the programme from his debut match which i believe was against stoke 1965/66 season. He was transferred to charlton in 72. Any memories would also be excellent. Good prices given.

Im his son and its his sixtieth birthday next april, he doesnt have to much memrobilia from the time so i thought i'd put some together to make it a special present.

Cheers

Ed Rogers

Hiya Ed

Was it the home or away game against stoke?

Thanks

Andy

Here's an extract from Blackburn Rovers - The Official Encyclopedia by Mike Jackman

(By the way does anyone know if I infringe copyright terms by doing this?)

ROGERS, Eamon

Midfield. 1962-1971

5ft 9in 11st 5lb

Born: Dublin, 16th April 1947

Debut: v Stoke City (a) 8th September 1965

Career: Larkview (Dublin junior Club); Blackburn Rovers apprentice

August 1962, turning professional in May 1965;

Charlton Athletic Oct. 1971 (£7,777 plus Barry Endean); Northamton Town on loan 1972.

International honours with Blackburn Rovers: Republic of Ireland; 14 caps (1967-71); Rep. of Ire Under23; 1 cap (1966)

Appearances: football League 159 +6; FA Cup 4; Fottball League Cup 14; Total 177+6

Goals: Football League 30; Football League Cup 9; Total 39

A versatile player, Eamon Rogers originally played at outside-left before finally

settling into a midfield role. Rogers fitted the 1960’s image to perfection.

Long hair, sometimes seen with beard or moustache and always with the obligatory shirt outside of his shorts. However, beneath his dishevelled appearance was a rare talent.

A small but stocky character, Rogers could use his skill or strength to power his way through an opposing defence. Capable of dazzling dribbles, he possessed the most delicate of touches and yet was a hard tackler. He also had an eye for goal and for a time he was used as a striker by Eddie Quigley. Ironically, it was his very versatility that proved to be his undoing at Ewood.

With the sale of Keith Newton to Everton, Quigley selected Rogers to play at right back and the temperamental Irishman promptly refused.

Although he was persuaded to play a couple of matches in that position, he made it clear that he did not wish to become permanent right back.

When he refused to play again, he was axed from the team by Quigley.

Restored to midfield for the 1970-71 season, Rogers appeared to become rather disillusioned with life at Ewood following the club’s relegation to the Third division.

As a regular in the Republic of Ireland side, he did not want to see his international future jeopardised by Third Division football.

When Ken Furphy arranged an exchange deal with Charlton Athletic, Rogers was more than willing to move to London.

Sadly the move was not a success and after a brief spell on loan with Northampton Town,

Rogers faded from the League scene.

Despite his undoubted talents, Rogers remained an enigma throughout his career; a man

who was capable of genius, but one who was fickle and unpredictable.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an extract from Blackburn Rovers - The Official Encyclopedia by Mike Jackman

(By the way does anyone know if I infringe copyright terms by doing this?)

Probably, but given we are forever promoting just how good the Jackman book is and the fact it's out of print and if it wasn't we could happily shift dozens of them, I'm hoping the publisher won't mind a short excerpt detailing just how bloody good a book it is.

IF ANYBODY HAS A COPY THEY ARE WILLING TO PART WITH, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I CAN'T GET HOLD OF ONE FOR LOVE NOR MONEY.