BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Duff Completes Switch

I would not mind this rather pontless (because duff will never return to the rovers) thread; but I am currently playing football manager and can't seem to get the press or newcastle to understand I don't want Duff in my squad at blackburn! even tried telling them I'd never heard of him but...

It is really getting on my tits having to read and dismiss 20 different reports of my so called interest every time I have a play!

take him off your short list

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wonder what would happen to Ped? Maybe he would go out on the right? Many would say that Ped isnt the same player as when we first got him but in pre season he is looking up for it again (from what I have been reading anyway) so I wouldnt want to drop him to the bench.

Just a rumour.

Duff regards Rovers as his club and is keen on finishing his playing career at Rovers.

Rovers may also be prepared to make a bid, but it would not be at the expence of losing Warnock.

Someone give him the number of the ticket office please.....

Don't think he did, but he did kiss the badge, of course.

This would be different maybe, because he's said it after he's left.

Not the same player who fluorished under us.

It really is remarkable the number of players and managers who make their name with us, the decide to go where the grass is greener and it blows up in their face. You'd think people would eventually learn.

Didnt Duff apparentley say that when he first went to Chelsea?, Am sure i've heard it before.

He did, in a letter than looked like it had been scrawled with his foot.

This thread is appallingly named btw, saw it this morning and thought we'd signed him. Surely it'd be ok to start a new Duff thread?

But in todays game money talks.

Look at players like Duff, Sidwell, Parker.All played superb and was highley regarded, Then went to a bigger club and was happy warming the bench.

And i think we all remember Duff scoring for chelsea at ewood and kissing his badge.

I do remember Duff saying when he left for Chelsea.

"I would like to return to Rovers, at some stage". ish.

To me Duff is the prefect example, of a very good young player leaving the likes of Rovers, and finding out that getting the big move, does not always work.

Agreed, he has had a bad time with injury, even more so at barcodes, I,m pretty sure during his time at Ewood, when he did have injuries it was the hamstrings, something that has plagued him through out his career. More recent I believe it is now the ankles.

I agree that if by some magical cure, he can stay injury free for a season, some of the old magic could return. Can he find that pace again.? That's another big question. Has Owen regained his?. Did Shearer regain his.

I think that most players start to lose pace around the 28-30 mark. He was a star for Rovers. Can he be again, I doubt it.

If we want to put pressure on Gamst, a 20-23 year old would be better IMO.

Do we take a chance?.

I think with the current situation at Rovers, it is just to much of a (costly) gamble.

He did, in a letter than looked like it had been scrawled with his foot.

This thread is appallingly named btw, saw it this morning and thought we'd signed him. Surely it'd be ok to start a new Duff thread?

I agree with the bad naming of this thread - first glance I thought Warnock gone - Duff in - oh help. Though if I am honest he would be a good squad member, but not at the expence of warnock.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.