SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IS PETER STILL INJURED

He got sent off in a recent reserve game for kicking out. He then, according to the official news, was sent on a trip with a hybrid team of reserves and academy players to play a Jersey XI. (A form of punishment, I wonder).

However, it would seem that he, for some reason, having made the journey wasn't picked to play. Could be injured or could have thrown a strop. Neither would be surprising with peter. I'm sure Lee will clarify things if Peter is injured. An ominous silence would probably tell you all you need to know.

Edited by rover6

Anoraks scapegoats...........Tim Sherwood, Jason Wilcox, Lee Carsley........

...... MGP?

Not at all. What I and others are suggesting is that there must be an alternative to the left midfield position if MGP is out of form and maybe lacking confidence in front of goal. He is a quality player and an asset to the Club but no harm in trying different things and giving others a chance from time to time.

I thought Carsley was ok, Sherwood and Wilcox never set the world on fire for me, Sherwood was very lucky to captain a championship winning side. One question- what did either of them do after leaving Rovers ? Carsley- holding down a place in a good Everton side at present !

Sherwood would take the current team up another level.

I agree, Sherwood would walk into the current side and then take it up a level. He and Tugay were/are our best midfielders for 20 years...

He used to get some stick (from myself included) but with hindsight I'd have him back in a flash. I never saw him lose form for 12 months like Pedersen has for the last 9-12 months.

What I will say for Pedersen is he always works hard and I think helps Warnocks game a great deal. I'd still be tempted to cash in in January for good money and have Dunn and Keith Treacy battle it out for the left wing spot. We could use the money for a good central midfielder and a right back.

Central Midfielders: Any from Huddlestone, Sidwell or Cattermole.

Right back: Justin Hoyte.

Edited by bish1982

• 2 weeks later...

well done pedersen today, i thought it was a decent performance from him today..good corners, good control, good tracking back..all he is missing is a goal-and because he is known as a goalscoring winger i suppose until he scores a goal he will be called crap and everything else..

well done pedersen today, i thought it was a decent performance from him today..good corners, good control, good tracking back..all he is missing is a goal-and because he is known as a goalscoring winger i suppose until he scores a goal he will be called crap and everything else..

:!: :!: :!: :!:

WHAT .

He was @#/? fella, he did two good things, one was his touch and the shot at the darwen end, the other was a nice ball into the box.

Apart from that he was @#/? , his touch was awful at times, on numerous occasions he put the ball out of play on the line through ###### touches and control.

He really isn't playing good enough, and i thought it summed him and his personality up when he walked down the tunnel when subbed.

A spell on the bench obviously hasnt been effective, i say shove him in the reserves for a few weeks and play Keith Treacy, people are saying he's a clone of D Duff and i think we/he should give him a chance now.

pedersen was one of our better performers, but yet is used as a scape goat..

today brett emerton was shocking, cruz and mcarthy did nothing, mokoena was poor, but its only pedersen..

i thought he did well..in my opinion..

Jesus christ , were you watching the same game today.

cruz and mcarthy did nothing

:unsure:

Cruz was good, never stopped running etc.

McArthy played well , hes been poor for a few weeks today but it looked today as if Hughes may have had an affect on him. His general play today was better than that of past weeks, he looked brighter and more "Alive".

i was watching the game bburn v west ham..and other then tugay and pedersen i thought everyone was poor..

mcarthy tries to many tricks when all he needs is a simple pass..

cruz works hard, you cant fault his work rate, but is he just a bigger version of dickov???(obviously he is better as in touch, control, playing as a team,) but he doesnt look like he will score plenty of goals...

emerton-i thought he was diabolical, lost possesion so many times, he needs to learn to just clear it without trying to play it out defence....

dunn-he tried, but he isnt a winger, wasnt in the game at all..

so many players had bad games, but yet none of them probably wont get slated..

i was watching the game bburn v west ham..and other then tugay and pedersen i thought everyone was poor..

mcarthy tries to many tricks when all he needs is a simple pass..

cruz works hard, you cant fault his work rate, but is he just a bigger version of dickov???(obviously he is better as in touch, control, playing as a team,) but he doesnt look like he will score plenty of goals...

emerton-i thought he was diabolical, lost possesion so many times, he needs to learn to just clear it without trying to play it out defence....

dunn-he tried, but he isnt a winger, wasnt in the game at all..

so many players had bad games, but yet none of them probably wont get slated..

Emerton-Partly agree.

Dunn- Completely agree, he's poor on the wing and has been anywhere else in midfield since October . In my opinion he is fat , he's far to slow.

Cruz- A bigger version of dickov :unsure: He's class. End of .

i dont think dunn is fat, he just isnt a winger..when played in central midfield he offers us something, running at players etc etc..

santa cruz-i like him alot, great work ethic, but hes a striker, he needs to score more goals..

i think we both can agree tho, we need to buy a couple players come january..our team has done well up to now, so a few additions in january we could be around top 6..we need to be solid like pompey tho and stop conceding goals..

I dont agree he was "good" today.

But he was certainly far from @#/?, some of the vitriol puts my anger at the referee into context!

Edited by stuwilky

If the whole team played well then Pedersen probably would have looked even better. He was one of our better players and I feel that he deserves to keep his place in the team.

We missed Bentley a lot today. We had a lot of space on the right side of midfield but unfortunately Dunn and Emerton didn't quite link up as well as Emerton and Bentley do.

Just to put the thought processes of the average football supporter into context...... I was invited to OT circa 1999 for a MU v Spurs match and sat in the (north?) stand opposite the dug-outs and the stick and criticism given from all sides and aimed solely at RYAN GIGGS was unbelievable! I was literally gobsmacked!

The simple fact is that discontented opinion whether right or wrong spreads like a virus amongst the massed ranks of know-nowts.

Pedersen was still poor yesterday, the fact he wasnt the worst just showed how poor some of our performances were yesterday.

Pedersen has been extremly poor all season and Id agree that a young lad should be given a game there to see what impact he can make, Treacy or Peter!

And there's nothing called "I think he's fat". Either he is, or he isn't. For the record, he isn't. He might be better in central midfield though..

As for Gamst Pedersen's attitude, I don't think you'll be able to find many players with a better one to be honest. He's not in form at the moment, but it's not due to him having his head up his ###, I'm guessing he will come good again soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.