BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps there is no other established left winger in the squad to challenge his position week in week out. when dunn or anyone else started instead of him, he's quite sure that he will be back on the starting lineup soon as these players whose natural positions are not left wingers would have played poorly. B)

MH pls get a new left winger or bring up the youth players like Treacy or Peter if they are good enough at this level.

Edited by emglch

I think the fact that Rover6 can't tell us which one of them should be playing speaks volumes for how much he knows about them.

Also, why would we want a player playing who kicks people on the floor? Isn't that a bad trait to have as a footballer? Sergio hardly has the most level of heads - this has to be one of the factors in Hughes not playing him.

Obviously they aren't.

has anyone here seen tracey play?

I wonder if he's just not developed enough yet for the demands of the premier league?

hughes obviosuly sees him day in day out on the training field, so I wonder if he's just not strong enough yet!

I find it amusing that the same hypocrites (coughDencoughStucough) on here that bash Rover6 for not knowing how good our youth players really are, thought that Matty wasn't good enough for the first team....

His point is just that Gamst isn't working out right now, what's the harm in trying one of them out? No one will know how well players will react to the pressure/limelight until they've been given the chance.

I find it amusing that the same hypocrites (coughDencoughStucough) on here that bash Rover6 for not knowing how good our youth players really are, thought that Matty wasn't good enough for the first team....

American, you think he IS good enough? 'cos he aint. Not yet anyway. [splutter, faint].

Edited by den

His point is just that Gamst isn't working out right now, what's the harm in trying one of them out? No one will know how well players will react to the pressure/limelight until they've been given the chance.

No, his point was that there was something lacking with the clubs inability to develop Donnelly, rather than admitting that Donnelly wasn't/isn't good enough.

hughes obviosuly sees him day in day out on the training field, so I wonder if he's just not strong enough yet!

Although, Hughes does see Mokoena every day on the training field and deems him good enough to be starting, so maybe we can't rely 100% on his judgement as the yardstick.

We've had poor performances from the left hand side for a while now, I don't think we'd lose much, if anything, by trying Treacy out there for a couple of games.

Just to put the thought processes of the average football supporter into context...... I was invited to OT circa 1999 for a MU v Spurs match and sat in the (north?) stand opposite the dug-outs and the stick and criticism given from all sides and aimed solely at RYAN GIGGS was unbelievable! I was literally gobsmacked!

The simple fact is that discontented opinion whether right or wrong spreads like a virus amongst the massed ranks of know-nowts.

Highly unlikely I know but if we could persuade ManUtd to swap Giggs for Pedersen, even given the difference in their ages & how long they have left in playing years, I'd snap their hands off.

In fact, if Spurs come back to us with an offer of any kind for MGP I'd say 'go for it!' If he's still with us by the end of January I'd be seriously worried about Hughes' judgement.

Exactly. All I want to see is a meritocracy. If a reserve player is playing very well and his seniors who play in his position are playing very poorly - does not all logic and sensibility point to giving that reserve player a chance? I cannot see an argument against it barring the claim that Gamst's immense experience means that he is essential to the defensive formidability of our team....

No, his point was that there was something lacking with the clubs inability to develop Donnelly, rather than admitting that Donnelly wasn't/isn't good enough.

Den, you know that's not true. I've said plenty of silly stuff in my time, so if you feel like jibing me it should not be hard to find something accurate.

Edited by rover6

Den, you know that's not true. I've said plenty of silly stuff in my time, so if you feel like jibing me it should not be hard to find something accurate.

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=565539

Den, in that post, I am querying WHETHER the club's policy contributed to Donnelly's decline. I am not saying they definitely did, although my suspicion is that it did, in however small a way. Hence, I ask the question 'why did it happen?' without attempting to answer with any certainty.

And when I ask, 'why did it happen?' - I don't mean why didn't he become a Blackburn superstar. I mean, why is he a Fleetwood reject. Why isn't he in League Two at least? For someone who was once comparably talented to Danns and Douglas - it is a ignominious collapse. It's not like Donnelly was Clark Walsh or Darren Hockenhull...

Edited by rover6

Den, in that post, I am querying WHETHER the club's policy contributed to Donnelly's decline. I am not saying they definitely did, although my suspicion is that it did, in however small a way. Hence, I ask the question 'why did it happen?' without attempting to answer with any certainty.

I'll answer your question about Donnelly with absolute certainty rover6. Donnelly wasn't strong enough, wasn't fast enough, couldn't get up or down enough and wasn't technically good enough. He was nowhere near the required level for Premiership football. That's a guy who fits into your crusade for any youngster showing anything at all in youth/reserve team football, to be thrown into the first team.

Donnelly wasn't strong enough, wasn't fast enough, couldn't get up or down enough and wasn't technically good enough. He was nowhere near the required level for Premiership football.

Not strong enough?

Not fast enough?

Doesnt get up or down?

Not technically good enough?

Nowhere near Premiership sandard?

Step forward the 2007 model Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Not strong enough?

Not fast enough?

Doesnt get up or down?

Not technically good enough?

Nowhere near Premiership sandard?

Step forward the 2007 model Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Unfortunately this was the model in evidence for most of 2006 and a good bit of 2005 too!!! Methinks it is the real Pedersen.

Unfortunately this was the model in evidence for most of 2006 and a good bit of 2005 too!!! Methinks it is the real Pedersen.

Not true.

Hard working, tracks back well, excellent timing runs into the box, ability in the air gave full backs a torrid time defending cross field passes, 2 good feet, close control, great shot.

I've just listed the aspects of his game which have remained consistant up to this point. His set pieces have always been inconsistent, as has his ability to play a killer ball or take on his man. But now, it all seems to be going to pot. For me it all seems to have stemmed from that miss in the Semi Final against Chelsea. He's now struggling from a mental point of view and needs help. And it's up to Hughes to get the best from him again. Whether that's performances on the pitch or ££££ in January. Either way it can't carry on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.