BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen

A mate told me that last night in San Carlo restaurant in Manchester, Morten was dining with Sven

Why? In Petrov City have one of the in-form left wingers, they'd have no need for MGP. I suppose they could be friends because of the Sweden-Norway sort of connection, but it all seems a bit of a stretch.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tap-up if they were talking transfer.

Got a feeling that when/if MGP moves on, we will look in horror and ask why couldn't he produce match winning performances when he was with us for the past n months.

I think a far more plausible explanation is that MGP is sensibly looking for helpful input from wherever he can get it. SGE has a certain amount of experience of meeting people where he shouldn't so I'd guess he is more careful about where he does the business end now.

Edited by philipl

Not true.

Hard working, tracks back well, excellent timing runs into the box, ability in the air gave full backs a torrid time defending cross field passes, 2 good feet, close control, great shot.

I've just listed the aspects of his game which have remained consistant up to this point. His set pieces have always been inconsistent, as has his ability to play a killer ball or take on his man. But now, it all seems to be going to pot. For me it all seems to have stemmed from that miss in the Semi Final against Chelsea. He's now struggling from a mental point of view and needs help. And it's up to Hughes to get the best from him again. Whether that's performances on the pitch or ££££ in January. Either way it can't carry on.

Absolute rubbish. Hard working- in that he runs around (not very fast and to no effect- but he does) I'll give you that one. Tracks back well- if you take off the word well, I'd give you that too. He tracks back, lets the person he's nominally "marking" go past him while he looks at the pretty ball and then looks up puzzled when everyone else shouts at him; Excellent timing runs into the box- fair enough, but you have to actually do something constructive when you get there and he doesn't; ability in the air ??? you were at the semi final, and watched every attempted header since? ; 2 good feet? I struggle to see one at the moment. So do his team mates, even my friend noticed that at Newcastle and West Ham his team mates were seeking someone else out when he was asking for the ball as they knew he'd lose it. Watch Warnock when he has MGP in front of him- he'll look for any pass other than the obvious;Close control- now you're having a laugh. As much close control as any other 12 year old; great shot- hahahahaha- if the object is to scare people in the Jack Walker or Riverside, I night even give you that, but it isn't.

I actually agree to an extent aout the semi-final. He must know he lost it for us. Or rather that he should have won it for us, but he didn't. But to blame that in isolation is to ignore the fact that he was this pants this time last year, and the year before (at which point Mr Hughes wasn't even playing him). THIS IS HIS LEVEL. Let's just take the money and run.

Also, why is he the only footballer that needs a drink just before kick off. I've noticed that he is given a bottle of something which he trots off to the riverside with. Wish it was "play like a professional footballer" juice.

Absolute rubbish. Hard working- in that he runs around (not very fast and to no effect- but he does) I'll give you that one. Tracks back well- if you take off the word well, I'd give you that too. He tracks back, lets the person he's nominally "marking" go past him while he looks at the pretty ball and then looks up puzzled when everyone else shouts at him; Excellent timing runs into the box- fair enough, but you have to actually do something constructive when you get there and he doesn't; ability in the air ??? you were at the semi final, and watched every attempted header since? ; 2 good feet? I struggle to see one at the moment. So do his team mates, even my friend noticed that at Newcastle and West Ham his team mates were seeking someone else out when he was asking for the ball as they knew he'd lose it. Watch Warnock when he has MGP in front of him- he'll look for any pass other than the obvious;Close control- now you're having a laugh. As much close control as any other 12 year old; great shot- hahahahaha- if the object is to scare people in the Jack Walker or Riverside, I night even give you that, but it isn't.

I actually agree to an extent aout the semi-final. He must know he lost it for us. Or rather that he should have won it for us, but he didn't. But to blame that in isolation is to ignore the fact that he was this pants this time last year, and the year before (at which point Mr Hughes wasn't even playing him). THIS IS HIS LEVEL. Let's just take the money and run.

Also, why is he the only footballer that needs a drink just before kick off. I've noticed that he is given a bottle of something which he trots off to the riverside with. Wish it was "play like a professional footballer" juice.

having just returned home from work, i am struggling to get my head around this responce, but i'll think of one before my day is out :blink::blink:

some times jan, your posts are that of a 12 year old!!

however, i do slightly agree with you on some of the points that you make, but if you are going to be continuously critical of our players, then you simple have to also be critical of the coaching staff, because it is they whom take these players for training everyday. point 1 - he does track back, which is the job of all left midfielders, and everybody else for that matter so fair play. point 2 - he is excellent at timing runs into the box and the fact that he isn't always productive is quite harsh because he is at the very least making an effort to get in there and if he aint getting on the end of a cross, he is making a contest between him and his opponent and giving the defence an extra body to worry about. it is like saying to a striker "every time you shoot we want you to be more productive"....we all would like them to be more productive, but it aint gonna happen, so at least they are having a go....you ask any manager and they will tell you, that they would much rather their players shoot and miss, than not shoot at all. point 3 although i do agree that the miss against chelsea was crucial, i reckon you are being totally harsh, to use 1 certain game to try and get your point across, but then again that is part of your M.O.

the rest of your post is just plain bitchy.

the biggest thing i notice with morten is that he is a confidence player and when his confidence is up, he is brilliant to watch. one last thing...."like anybody's boss at work telling them that they are crap at what they do, then not telling them how to make it better"....in a nutshell, don't spout off if you have no idea how to fix it!! have a nice day :xmas:

Edited by Blueboy Downunder

Why? In Petrov City have one of the in-form left wingers, they'd have no need for MGP. I suppose they could be friends because of the Sweden-Norway sort of connection, but it all seems a bit of a stretch.

Sounds like a wind-up if you ask me. And either way it won't matter, Blackburn has the final say in any bid.

the biggest thing I notice with morten is that he is a confidence player and when his confidence is up, he is brilliant to watch.

Yes but his confidence hasnt been 'up' for a long while. Thinking about it Jan might have something with the miss against Chelsea at old Trafford. It's been down hill for Morten since. For most of the season I have defended him despite arguments against from my mates. The last two or three games I've watched him closely with them trying to point out what he's doing well. And it's not a lot.

On Saturday at Wigan it was one of the worst displays ever. He couldn't control the ball (which he normally can), he couldnt pass to blue and white and he even once just ran the ball out of play with no-one near him.

It may well be a confidence thing but at some point he's going to have to make way and sit it out. That may well harm his confidence more, but you can't have him spending the next 5 months doing very little on the hope that he 'might' find it again. He hasn't so far all season.

Edited by Hasta

A mate told me that last night in San Carlo restaurant in Manchester, Morten was dining with Sven

I have been there. I have been there when Ped and other famous people have been in. I have had my pic taken with Ped in there and asked the staff first if they/he minded me going over. They said its not a problem, he is a regular who goes there all the time.

Sven manages a team in Manchester. The restaurant is very popular.

See where I am going :rolleyes:

I have been there. I have been there when Ped and other famous people have been in. I have had my pic taken with Ped in there and asked the staff first if they/he minded me going over. They said its not a problem, he is a regular who goes there all the time.

Sven manages a team in Manchester. The restaurant is very popular.

See where I am going :rolleyes:

Yep, MGP is often in there from what I've heard.

Sven has also been known to frequent it.

I think Rooney had a birthday meal there, too.

It is very popular. I've not been in yet, but I plan to. It's supposed to be excellent, although the waiters do try to ply you with drinks and then charge you for the extra bottles that you've got through, allegedly!

It is very popular. I've not been in yet, but I plan to. It's supposed to be excellent, although the waiters do try to ply you with drinks and then charge you for the extra bottles that you've got through, allegedly!

Off topic I know but get yourself down there - the food/staff/venue are all top notch. I bought a bottle of Champers when last in there so didnt notice the extra drink cost :rolleyes:

Me and Ped in there anyway

n695367456_632190_90.jpg

Edited by Cocker

Does Warnock stop Pedersen playing?

They both like to push up the wing and Warnock plays in similar positions to Pedersen on the attack. Warnock therefore takes some of the balls that Pedersen would have had. I think that Pedersen was weak on his tackling and tracking back when he first came but this did improve although it seems to have detiriorated again.

If I were the Rovers manager, Pedersen would be benched immediately for his inability to beat the first man on a corner and I would have him down the training ground every other day practising over and over again until he got it right.

I'm not joking. Hughes should have had him doing this two years ago.

Pedersen looks fair mincing in that'n...

Perhaps he was just pleased to have a big cocker next to him.... :unsure:

It certainly seems to be a long time since Pedersen played really well - in terms of taking the game to the opposition, beating players and delivering quality crosses.

At the moment he's struggling to do any of the things that Rovers fans should be expecting from a wide player. He's not crossing well, not passing well and also crucially, he's not scoring many goals. I think I'm right in saying that MGP's last Premiership goal was a 90th minute free-kick against Sheffield United in February 2007.

In the days when MGP was scoring more regularly, the goals sometimes glossed over some poor general displays from him - but at least when he was hitting the back of the net he was contributing to the game in a meaningful way. Sadly he's contributing precious little at the moment and we can't afford to carry a passenger in the team like him.

The late Brian Clough once said: "If you run a big company like ICI, with thousands of workers, you can afford to have a few useless buggers in the workforce. But in a football team of eleven, you can't afford to have one single guy who isn't doing his job properly."

Yes but his confidence hasnt been 'up' for a long while. Thinking about it Jan might have something with the miss against Chelsea at old Trafford.

The lad is obviously struggling with his form and I can accept that, but Jan is taking great personal delight from twisting the knife at every available oppportunity, and that is something that I do have trouble with. Not a very nice personality trait imo.

Edited by thenodrog

Agree with you there. The reason I have no real problem with MGP is because he is obviously trying. He's failing horribly at the moment, but the effort is there. I don't know what has to be done to help him get back to his good form, probably the odd special goal or two, but I'm sure it will come back eventually. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Agree with you there. The reason I have no real problem with MGP is because he is obviously trying. He's failing horribly at the moment, but the effort is there. I don't know what has to be done to help him get back to his good form, probably the odd special goal or two, but I'm sure it will come back eventually. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Yeh and the more stick people like Jan give him, the longer it will take for his confidence to return.

Hopefully Santa (Claus) will bring him some new shooting boots and all will be well.

The lad is obviously struggling with his form and I can accept that, but Jan is taking great personal delight from twisting the knife at every available oppportunity, and that is something that I do have trouble with. Not a very nice personality trait imo.

Maybe she is Theno but unlike Eddie says from his Cafe over there in 'gay Paris' or where ever he is, we can all plainly see the effort just isn't there.

I posted the other month that something is not quite right with Morten - he is looking really abject and the moment and dis-interested and IMO he looks ill, so whether he is or not we may never know until it is confirmed, but what is blatantly obvious is that he should not be be in the matchday squad at the moment on his current form

Can't say I have heard any consistent stick for him either when he has played, just the general moan when he continuously performs as he has been doing over the last 12 months.

There is out of form and out of form - to me something is seriously amiss with our Norwegian popstar.

It's all well and good him being left out of the squad but I'm sure enough of that has been done already for him to be on the verge of wanting out of the Rovers. We may not rate him at the moment but there are other teams who would certainly buy him and play him (albeit none of the big 4 (that does not include Spuds)). Personally I'd rather keep the faith in him than risk unsettling and losing a player who has been generally good for us over the seasons.

I can't agree with that. He has been by a distance our worst player yet he remains highly rated. It makes sense to let him go if people want to pay large amounts of money. the only downer is, as he is left fotted, it will be hard to replace him.

I am a big fan of him on form, but we have been carrying him for ages.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.