BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pedersen

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's obvious he has too go, hasn't looked anywhere near the player we know he can be for a long time now, he needs a change of scenery in my opinion. His confidence is shot to pieces and hughes and his team clearly cannot change that. Only reason he hasn't been sold is there are hardly any up and coming left wingers that spring to mind who could replace him, Please don't mention Peter, he simply won't be a premiership player i bet my house on that. Shame is i doubt we'll get a good price now and even tottenham wouldn't take him.

I think it's obvious he has too go, hasn't looked anywhere near the player we know he can be for a long time now, he needs a change of scenery in my opinion. His confidence is shot to pieces and hughes and his team clearly cannot change that. Only reason he hasn't been sold is there are hardly any up and coming left wingers that spring to mind who could replace him, Please don't mention Peter, he simply won't be a premiership player i bet my house on that. Shame is i doubt we'll get a good price now and even tottenham wouldn't take him.

Hold on there a minute mate. Sergio is a great prospect if given a chance.

I thought MGP had a really good second half last night.

He got motoring down that wing and whipped in a few really good crosses. The one he chipped in for Samba, who headed it against the base of the post, was sublime.

Rubbish first half, rubbish season too.

I am sorry to say that MGP simply cannot handle the tough physical stuff of the Prem. When he was good, it only took one big hit and he'd disappear. This season, he hasn't bothered with the hits and just disappeared. Against the slightly softer kids last night he flourished.

Make or break for him against Chavski for me, step up to the plate Morten, he's one of many that need to presently, that's the nub of the issue, he's an easy & familiar target also as he's classed as a luxury player, so when he doesn't perform (Or the opposition do the business on him, to be fair!) it stands out.

Edited by daveoftherovers

• 1 month later...

Pedersen: "The opposition have worked me out"

"It's really hard - people are aware of you," says Pedersen. People are aware of Christiano Ronaldo too - but that doesn't mean they can easily stop him.

I think the problem at the moment is the opposition are aware of how poor Pedersen is. He struggles to get past the first man and cross the ball with any real quality. He struggles with dribbling, passing and crossing. And he hasn't scored in the Premiership for over a year.

The opposition have sussed Pedersen's weaknesses out and they realise he can be very easily shackled, unlike a speedy winger who can beat a man with pace and cross the ball.

"I hope when I score it won't just be one - and I will get on a roll," MGP says. Well I won't hold my breath on that one - as he hasn't scored in the Premiership since a match against Sheffield United last season and at the moment he doesn't look like "getting on a roll".

"At least we have loads of people who score this season," says Pedersen. Yes, it's a good job we're not relying on you - otherwise we'd be in deep trouble.

I think Sparky actually has been looking actively to get a player in who can take Pedesen's place: Koumas, Dembele and now Fortune are all left sided midfielders.

Its such a shame as if he had a decent run of form we would be a very dangerous side, but we almost utterly rely on Bentley at the moment to provide.I won't be suprised if he drops down a division come the summer.

I won't be suprised if he drops down a division come the summer.

Doubt that will happen. At Ewood we now know he's not very good. However his reputation on the continent is probably still quite high. He'd move abroad before dropping to Championship level.

There is no doubt that we should try selling Gamst in the summer while his reputation is still fairly high. Just look at what other fans answer when they talk about our "danger men", hopefully there are some managers out there with the same view. With the crazy prices in the Premier League I'm sure we can get around £5m for him, which might leave around £3-4m for Hughes to spend.

As someone else said, a player like Petrov is what we need. A bit of pace and some crossing/dribbling ability. There are plenty of players out there who can do the job....

As someone else said, a player like Petrov is what we need. A bit of pace and some crossing/dribbling ability. There are plenty of players out there who can do the job....

And after the window, obviously none that we can afford.

I don't think Hughes can stand by the statement of only buying in to improve the squad, what the hell is Berner good for? Probably would've been cheaper to keep hold of Mickey G.

And after the window, obviously none that we can afford.

I don't think Hughes can stand by the statement of only buying in to improve the squad, what the hell is Berner good for? Probably would've been cheaper to keep hold of Mickey G.

Not on the salary that he was on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.