BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Signs !

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He really is saying all the right things - The ESPN interview is class, he talks a very good game.

I can't imagine Mido saying the same things :blink: . I would have rather had Mido but the bottom line is Mccarthy wants to be here and that can only be good news.

No its true – Interview is also in the Star and the Lancashire telegraph.

Villa, Tottenham, Boro (Twice), Everton and Chelsea have all been in for him in the past - according to him.

He also said that Chelsea were interested last season too and that Porto wanted him to move but he didnt want to be a squad player and would prefer to play for us as he would get more games. Porto weren’t happy and tried to convince him to go to Chelsea (Obviously for an inflated transfer fee) but he wasn’t interested.

He believes he can be in the top 4 or 5 goal scorers in the league this year and believes we can get 4th place.

I love this quote from him also- “If I’d had the opportunity to go to Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester United I still think I would of preferred to come to Blackburn , because you don’t stab a team in the back if they’ve done so much for you, and shown so much interest.” Take note MIDO!

:tu: Top man Benni!!

McCarthy snub Chelsea for Blackburn

Its in the daily-rubbish, but if those quotes are real, great! :rover:

fairplay benni is quality when it comes to the chit chat interviews, great stuff in the mirror if its true or not :)

i don't think he said one bad remark yet, think the blackburn faithfull will be all behind him and hopefully he can do it on the pitch :rover:

Has anyone got a list of the top 10 goal scorers last season?

How many would he have to bag to get 5th going off last season?

5th place last season was 16 goals, i think its in Benni to get around 16 goals.. HOPEFULLY MORE!!

Thierry Henry Arsenal 27

Ruud van Nistelrooy Man Utd 21

Darren Bent Charlton 18

Robbie Keane Tottenham 16

Frank Lampard Chelsea 16

Wayne Rooney Man Utd 16

Marlon Harewood West Ham 14

Craig Bellamy Blackburn 13

Aiyegbeni Yakubu Middlesbrough 13

Henri Camara Wigan 12

Didier Drogba Chelsea 12

Collins John Fulham 11

Ahmed Mido Tottenham 11

James Beattie Everton 10

Hernan Crespo Chelsea 10

Also, I have a mate who supports Benfica (Portugal) and I asked him if Benni was ever top scorer in Portugal.. He just said to me 'dont worry, Benni will bang them in' lets hope for gods sake that benni and roberts tear up the premiership just like roberts and camara did last season!!!

I don’t think Henry will score as many this year.

With Ruud now gone – rovers should set Benni the target of being 3rd top scorer behind possibly Henry & Shevchencko. Or maybe a target of 20 league goals

This season we also need to see our centre midfield chip in with more goals than last year. Hopefully a new right winger may help the midfield cause for goals.

Hughesy, don't get carried away mate. Most strikers take a while to settle into life in the premiership. It took Henry and Bergkamp a season before they really started to show their best.

I would love to see Benni banging in 20 goals next season but I think we should give him time to find his feet before he gets too much pressure heaped on him.

IMO people are just too optimistc (if that's possible) regarding McCarthy and where we will finish this season. Granted McCarthy has proven that he can score goals, but there is no way we should expect him to bang in 15-20 goals in his first year in the PL?!

To be realistic i reckon Benni will score somewhere around 10-12 goals in the Premier League, I also reckon Roberts should score around 10. They will also get some goals in the UFEA/FA/League - cup, so around 20 goals in total for McCarthy I would think.

Some people are in for a real let-down if they think McCarthy will be among the top 3 scores in the Prem, while we wrap up 4th spot in the league with a total of 70+ points.. It just aint gonna happen, I'll be waiting for the old "we are crap, we will go down..etc" when we lose our first game against pompey.

I honestly believe with one or two more signings we are capable of landing 4th place. We have a team with ability as they showed last season, that is improving all the time. Hughes & his team will not be looking at 6th place again – they will be looking beyond that because he is full of ambition.

McCarthy has come to England with a point to prove and he strikes me as having the desire to be a massive hit. He seems really keen to play for us.

Dont think we have a chance of getting top 4. We are not even close to the quality of the top 4 sides. We had our chance last season and we blew it- Really, out of Chelsea,Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Yoo who are likely to have such a bad season to be anywhere near us?

Even last season- there's pretty much no difference between sides like ourselves and Boro,Everton and Villa. It's all about luck really and good management(which we seem to have. Although I seem to recall members such as Jim saying Hughes should go after we lost 3-0 to Newcastle). For example, playing sides when they are in bad runs of form or have bad injury problems.

We could end up finishing anywhere between 5th- 16th IMO

If any of you are betting men! Benni McCarthy is currently 66-1 on bluesq for top premiership goalscorer. surely must be worth a tenner. I did

I'm having a few quid on Stead at 45-1 on betfair to be Championship top scorer. Think I must be going mad! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.